We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare American Express cash back cards
Earn unlimited cash back on every purchase, bonuses in two categories or boosted business cash back.
You get the same perks and features among American Express’s suite of cashback cards. The main difference between cards is where they earn the most cash back.
Compare American Express cashback credit cards
Overview of American Express cashback cards
Take a look at the cards highlighted below to learn more about what Amex has to offer for cashback cards.
American Express Cash Magnet® Card
- Get this card if: You want unlimited cash back on all purchases.
Furthermore, you get a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, and a variety of American Express perks like global assistance, car rental insurance and more.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Get this card if: You want to earn cash back on everyday purchases.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Get this card if: You’re going to make a balance transfer.
American Express® Blue Business Cash Card
- Get this card if: You want a business credit card.
How to compare American Express cash back credit cards
To pick the right American Express cashback card, consider these questions:
- Do you want unlimited cash back on everything you buy? If you don’t spend a lot on any particular category of purchases, the American Express Cash Magnet® Card could be worth considering. It offers 1.5% unlimited cash back on everything you buy.
- Do you spend a lot on groceries? Both the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express and the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express could work in this case. With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you earn higher cash back at US supermarkets and on US gas, but you get shorter intro APR period and you have to pay an annual fee.
- Do you own a business? Businesses that want to earn flat cash back on all purchases could consider the American Express® Blue Business Cash Card. In addition, you get a long intro APR on purchases and balance transfers and you won’t pay an annual fee for the card.
If you know where you spend most of your money, you shouldn’t find it hard to pick the right American Express cashback credit card. You can either choose a flat cash back on all of your purchases or a specialized card for accelerated cash back in several purchase categories. You’ll find Amex cards with gas and groceries rewards for your everyday spending. And if you run a business, you can earn flat cash back on all purchases.
With any of these cards, you get the benefit of an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, and a number of American Express travel and purchase protection perks.
Compare all cashback credit cards
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert