Earn unlimited cash back on every purchase, bonuses in two categories or boosted business cash back.
You get the same perks and features among American Express’s suite of cashback cards — such as extended warranty, purchase and return protection, travel accident insurance and more. The main difference between cards is where they earn the most cash back.
Compare American Express cashback credit cards
Overview of American Express cashback cards
Take a look at the cards highlighted below to learn more about what Amex has to offer for cashback cards.
American Express Cash Magnet® Card
- Get this card if: You want unlimited cash back on all purchases.
Furthermore, you get a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, and a variety of American Express perks like roadside and global assistance, travel accident insurance, extended warranty and more.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Get this card if: You want to earn cash back on everyday purchases.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Get this card if: You’re going to make a balance transfer.
SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express
- Get this card if: You want a business credit card.
How to compare American Express cash back credit cards
To pick the right American Express cashback card, consider these questions:
- Do you want unlimited cash back on everything you buy? If you don’t spend a lot on any particular category of purchases, the American Express Cash Magnet® Card could be worth considering. It offers 1.5% unlimited cash back on everything you buy.
- Do you spend a lot on groceries? Both the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express and the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express could work in this case. With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you earn higher cash back at US supermarkets and on US gas, but you get shorter intro APR period and you have to pay an annual fee.
- Do you own a business? Businesses with heavy expenses on US office supplies and US telephone services could use the accelerated cash back offered by the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express. In addition, you get to choose another category to boost your cash back, get a long intro APR on purchases and you won’t pay an annual fee for the card.
If you know where you spend most of your money, you shouldn’t find it hard to pick the right American Express cashback credit card. You can either choose a flat cash back on all of your purchases or a specialized card for accelerated cash back in several purchase categories. And if you run a business, you can earn cash back on office supplies and telephone services purchased from US retailers.
With any of these cards, you get the benefit of an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, and a number of American Express travel and purchase protection perks.