Barclaycard Financing Visa® review
Get deferred financing on Apple purchases.
- Get this card if you want to buy a new Apple product and pay it off in up to 18 months without interest.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on your purchases.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher for a better chance of approval.
Discontinued productThis card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site. Compare other credit cards or take Finder's credit card quiz to find one that fits your needs.
- Special financing on Apple purchases. Get deferred financing on purchases made at the Apple Online Store, Apple Store or 1-800-MY-APPLE within your first 30 days of account opening. The length of the promo period is based on the purchase amount:
- Six months for less than $499
- Twelve months for $499 to less than $999
- Eighteen months for $999 and over
- No annual fee. Save money on interest on your Apple purchases without paying an annual fee.
What to watch out for
- High interest if you don’t pay on time. You’ll be charged interest from the purchase date if you don’t pay off your balance in full by the end of the promotional date. This can result in hundreds of dollars of interest.
- No intro APR period. Unlike a 0% intro APR card, you won’t get a 0% intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers.
- Foreign transaction fees. Using this card abroad will incur a 3% fee of the amount of every transaction you make.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Financing Visa®
- Visit the Barclaycard website and locate the Barclaycard Financing Visa®.
- Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval by applying with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare intro APR credit cards
If you’re looking to buy an Apple product and you want to pay off the purchase in up to 18 months, the Barclaycard Financing Visa® could be worth considering. Be aware that you’ll incur interest from the day you made the purchase if you don’t pay it off in full by the end of the promotional period.
Compare other credit cards if this card doesn’t suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
For many of us, pricey Apple products such as iPhones or MacBooks can be a real financial burden. The Barclaycard Financing Visa® presents a nice solution, however. It allows cardholders to pay off Apple products in up to 18 months without interest.
Note that if you don’t pay your Apple purchase before the promotional period ends, you will incur interest from the moment you made the purchase.