This credit card is no longer available. Click here to compare similar credit cards.
This credit card offers twice as many reward points on everyday purchases without the burden of any annual fees.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.When you get the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard you get to earn reward points quicker than usual by using it to make everyday purchases, and you earn standard reward points on other purchases as well. Redeeming your accumulated reward points presents you with multiple options, and there is no cap on the maximum number of points you can earn.
This card allows balance transfers, you can use it internationally and you don’t have to pay any ongoing annual fees.
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard review
Getting this rewards credit card makes sense if you wish to earn reward points according to your spending and plan to pay your account’s balance in full each month. This is because the card’s APR is on the higher side, and carrying over balances from one billing cycle could result in paying a tidy sum as interest. Not having to pay an annual fee to maintain this card is a plus, and you can also make use of interest-free days on purchases.
|Compare Barclaycard credit cards|
|Barclaycard Arrival World™ Mastercard®||Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite Mastercard®|
|Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard®||Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®|
|Barclaycard NFL Extra Points||Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard|
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
Benefits of the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard
The Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard comes with multiple benefits:
- Rewards. You stand to earn 2 reward points for every dollar spent on gas, groceries and utility purchases, and you’ll earn 1 reward point on all other purchases. You can redeem your reward points once you accumulate at least 1,000 points.
- Balance transfers. Use this card to transfer balances from existing cards, in which case this card’s APR for purchases applies on transferred balances. You’ll also have to pay a balance transfer fee (whichever is greater, $5 or 3).
- Use globally. Use this card to shop and withdraw money from ATMs in more than 200 countries and territories, as long as you see the Mastercard logo.
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard Features
If you’re considering applying for this credit card, take some time to go through its list of features.
- Annual fee. You don’t have to pay any annual fee to use this card.
- APR. The APR for purchases is at 25.24% p.a., balance transfers stand at 25.24% p.a. and the APR for cash advances is 25.49% p.a. These variable APRs are subject to change as per prevalent prime rates.
- Rewards points. There is no limit to the number of reward points you can earn or redeem, and your reward points don’t expire as long as your account remains open, active and in good standing. You can also now redeem points to a US checking or savings account, statement credits or gift cards, starting at 1,000 points for $10.
- Balance transfers. Transfer balances from existing cards to this card, in which case transferred balances attract this card’s APR for purchases. You’ll also have to pay a balance transfer fee of whichever is greater, $5 or 3.
- Interest-free days. There is gap of at least 23 days between the end of a billing cycle and the following due date. And if you can pay the account’s outstanding balance in full before the due date, you won’t pay interest on purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees. When you use this card internationally, you’ll pay a foreign transaction fee of 3% in US dollars for each transaction.
- Late and returned payment fees. Depending on the state you live in, you may have to pay up to $37 in late and returned payment fees.
- Card security. This microchip-enabled card offers considerably more protection against fraudulent use in comparison to cards that rely solely on magnetic strips. $0 Fraud Liability protection means you can have peace of mind for unauthorized charges that are reported.
- Credit score management. Receive free online access to FICO Credit Score, allowing you to monitor your credit and get alerted when your score has changed.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard
To apply for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard online, click the Go to Site button.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a permanent resident of the US.
- You have a fair credit rating.
- Your complete name, residential status, residential address and time spent at current address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your employment and income details.