Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Barclaycard balance transfer credit cards
A wide selection of travel credit cards with intro APRs.
If you want a travel product with a strong intro APR for balance transfers, Barclaycard might be right for you. It offers a variety of cobranded products with zero-interest periods. Two notable exceptions are the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® and Uber Visa Card.
Compare Barclaycard balance transfer credit cards
Most Barclaycard travel products typically have a 15-month zero-interest intro APR period.
What are the benefits of a balance transfer with Barclaycard?
Here why you might want to use Barclaycard to make a balance transfer:
Many cards have intro APRs.
The vast majority of Barclaycard’s portfolio gives you a balance transfer intro APRs between 12 and 15 months.
Earn rewards with most cards.
Barclaycard’s balance transfer cards can also be used to earn rewards redeemable for flights, hotel stays, cruises and more.
What are the drawbacks of a balance transfer with Barclaycard?
Beware of these pitfalls before applying for a Barclaycard product:
Flagship cards tend to have weaker intro APRs — or none at all.You won’t find an intro APR for the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® or Uber Visa Card.
You’ll find longer intro APRs elsewhere.
While most Barclaycard balance transfer cards offer a 15-month intro APR, other providers offer intro APRs of 18 to 21 months.
You can’t get a 0% intro APR and waived balance transfer fees.
If you’re looking for a combination of an intro APR period and a no-balance-transfer-fee offer, check out the Chase Slate® credit card.
Only balance transfers made within the first 45 days of account opening qualify for the intro APR.
Some providers give you wider windows to qualify for an intro APR. For example, the Citi® Double Cash Card offers a intro APR for on balance transfers completed within the first 4 months of account opening. After that, a 15.49% to 25.49% Variable applies.
Consider a balance transfer card from another brand
Citi Simplicity® CardRead more
What debts are eligible for a balance transfer with Barclaycard?
- Non-Barclaycard credit cards.
- Barclaycard credit cards.
Can I transfer balances to another Barclaycard card?
No, you can’t transfer a balance from one Barclaycard product to another.
This is because providers use balance transfer promotions to attract customers from other banks. If a provider offers you an intro APR, it could be losing out on a lot of interest payments. However, it hopes the investment will pay off in the long run.
To apply for a Barclaycard product, you must:
- Be least 18 years old.
- Be a resident of the US. Residents of Iowa and US territories are not eligible.
- Have a valid Social Security number or taxpayer ID.
What do I need to apply?
Here’s what you need to apply for a Barclaycard credit card:
- Full name
- Permanent address, time at address and residence status
- Occupation and total annual gross income
- Phone number and email address
- Citizenship status, date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
- Optional: Major credit card number and requested transfer amount, if you want a balance transfer
How to apply for a balance transfer with Barclaycard
- Pick a Barclaycard product and check its balance transfer details.
Compare cards Barclaycard balance transfer cards in the table above. Check out each card’s interest rates and fees.
- Apply for the card.
Click Apply now to start the application process. Complete the form with your personal and financial details.
Request a balance transfer and add a major credit card number and your requested balance transfer amount.
- Wait for your balance transfer to complete.
Keep making payments on your debt to existing creditors until your transfer is complete. Call Barclaycard support at 866-928-8598 if you have any questions.
- Confirm your personalized balance transfer details.
If you’re approved, Barclaycard will send you individual terms for your card. Check your card’s ongoing APR. Also, note when your intro APR ends.
How long will it take to complete a balance transfer with Barclaycard?
Barclaycard will process your balance transfer 10 days after it mails your card. It may take up to four weeks for the transfer to post to your other accounts.
I got the card. Now what?
- Confirm that your balance transfer has posted. Log in to your Barclaycard online account to view your balance transfer. You can also call Barclaycard support to verify your transfer has posted.
- Make payments on time. Consider making a plan to pay off your transfer before your intro APR expires. Card providers occasionally revoke intro APRs if cardholders pay late.
- Contact customer support. If you have questions about your account, call Barclaycard support. You can also tweet Barclaycard support @AskBarclaysUS.
Barclaycard is an especially good choice if you want a balance transfer through a cobranded travel card.
If you’re not sure a Barclaycard card is best for your balance transfer, consider cards from other providers like Chase and Bank of America
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert