Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Amex EveryDay® Credit Card vs. Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Is it points you're after or cash back? Compare and see which of these two cards is best for you.
Both of these American Express branded cards come with no annual fee and reward you for filling up your grocery cart. The big difference between the two is that the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express lets you earn in the form of cash back, while the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card dishes out its rewards as Membership Rewards points.
Besides reward structure, see the other ways these two attractive cards for everyday spending branch out from each other.
Summary of card features
Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
- Intro APR period on purchases. Get a 0% intro APR period on purchases. After that, your rate will be from 12.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Reward points. Earn 2x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 annually, 1x points after that. All other purchases earn 1x points.
Frequent credit card swipers will like maximizing rewards with the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card because it offers 20% more points when you make 20 or more purchases each billing period.
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Intro APR period on purchases. You'll get a 0% intro APR period on purchases for the first 15 months from account opening. After that, your rate reverts to 13.99% to 23.99% variable.
- Earn cash back. Earn 3% cash back on up to $6,000 per year, then 1% after that. You also get to earn 2% cash back at US gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on everything else you buy.
- Welcome offer. Get $150 bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months following your account opening.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express gives you the potential to earn cash back across multiple categories. On top of that, there's a valuable welcome bonus.
WATCH: Our Finder Face-off
The ball is in your court. If you’re fully satisfied with either American Express credit card, you can confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements and apply online.
Most people need different features out of credit cards, so don’t sweat it if neither card was a fit. Do your due diligence and keep comparing credit cards until you come across the one that you’re sure will be a great addition to your wallet.
Compare American Express credit cards
Ask an Expert