Earn cash back, partner rewards and more with this suite of small business credit and charge cards.
American Express OPEN offers the largest selection of small business cards that come with card-specific perks and rewards on top of industry-leading customer service features.
In addition, you’ll get access to Amex OPEN events that’ll give you insight and guidance on how to grow your business and close deals with the US government.
What is American Express OPEN?
American Express OPEN is a credit card issuer for small businesses. With the Amex OPEN cards, you can get cashback rewards, payment flexibility with a grace period of up to 60 days, membership rewards and rewards from Amex travel partners.
Amex OPEN is the only small business card issuer that offers charge cards. With this type of card, you can manage your cash flow over short periods of time with a longer grace period. You also have the option to buy above your credit limit because charge cards have no preset spending limit. However, this doesn’t mean you get unlimited spending. Your purchasing power adjusts with your use of the card, your payment history and other factors determined by Amex.
In addition, you have access to the American Express OPEN Forum — a social network where you can connect and get advice from leading business experts.
The 12 American Express OPEN business credit cards offered
American Express OPEN has a veritable fleet of small business credit card options. You can choose from charge cards, cashback cards, frequent flyer cards, hotel cards and general travel rewards cards, depending on your business needs.
American Express OPEN perks and features
- Expense management tools. Get access to expense management tools like the Spend Manager app that lets you add tags, notes and receipts to your business transactions and connect your account to QuickBooks accounting software. You can also set account alerts to avoid late payments and monitor your employees’ card use.
- Rewards. Choose from cashback rewards in the form of statement credit or get membership rewards, which you can redeem for travel, gift cards, merchandise or shopping. You can also get partner rewards from Delta Air Lines, Starwood hotels and Lowe’s stores.
American Express OPEN holds events for its members
Several times a year, American Express OPEN hosts virtual and in-person conferences and workshops for small business owners. Subjects range from growing your business globally to closing government contracts while listening to industry leaders or participating in interactive workshops.
One of the largest American Express OPEN programs is Government Contracting, where you get access to free events, resources and mentoring to help your business get the insight and experience needed to work with the US government. You also get to connect with fellow business owners, decision makers and government resources.
American Express OPEN customer service
- Dispute resolution. American Express will help you in case of fraudulent or incorrect charges on your statement.
- Purchase protection. Get protection against theft or damage for up to 90 days after the date of purchase for items bought with your card.
- Extended warranty. Extend the warranty up to one additional year on eligible purchases with warranties of five years or less.
- Roadside and global assist hotlines. Call roadside assistance when you need help with towing, changing a tire or charging your car battery. When you travel, the global assist hotline can help if you lose your passport or need legal, medical or any other emergency services. Keep in mind that you’ll have to pay for third-party service costs when you use the hotline.
- Travel, car rental and baggage insurance. Get coverage against accidental death and dismemberment when you pay for the entire fare with an American Express OPEN card. You’re also insured against damage and theft of your rental car, and your baggage is insured in case of loss, damage or theft.
Compare other American Express business credit cards
If you want cashback rewards, membership rewards or travel rewards from Amex partners — or if you simply want more payment flexibility with a charge card — consider one of the 12 small business cards offered by Amex OPEN.
Otherwise, check out other business credit cards and compare your options to find the best card for your business.