Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
American Express® Green Card vs American Express® Gold Card
Two excellent cards for travel and dining rewards, as well as travel credits.
Credits are a big point of difference. The American Express® Green Card offers a $100 annual CLEAR credit and $100 annual LoungeBuddy credit; the American Express® Gold Card brings up to $120 in annual dining credits and a $100 annual airline fee credit.Please note: All information about American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Finder and this card is not available through this site.
Summary of card features
American Express® Green Card
- 30,000 bonus Membership Rewards® Points when you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 3x Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel
- 3x points at restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases
American Express® Gold Card
- Earn 4x points at restaurants. You'll also earn 4x points at US supermarkets up to 25,000 per calendar year. Earn 1x points after that and on everything else.
- A solid 60,000-point welcome offer after you spend $4,000 within your first 6 months of account opening.
- Get a great selection of travel benefits and credits, including a monthly $10 dining credit and $100 airline fee credit.
Compare credit cards
More guides on Finder
OakStone Gold Secured Mastercard® review
Build credit with this secured credit card.
Save Market Savings account Review
With this savings account, you can invest your interest in the stock market for an average 3.13% return. Learn more here.
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Visa® Credit Card review
Build your credit with this secured credit card.
Varo Savings Account Review
Learn how this high-interest account can boost your savings goals.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get complimentary elite status.
Petal® 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
Bellwether Smart Rate Card review
Get a balance transfer offer and potentially low-interest rates with this credit-builder card.
Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn Emirates miles on your purchases and enjoy premium benefits with this airline credit card.
Axos Bank High Yield Money Market account review
This high-yield money market account allows you to earn 0.9% APY, but lacks the perks of other Axos accounts.
Ask an Expert