Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
American Express® Green Card vs American Express® Gold Card
Two excellent cards for travel and dining rewards, as well as travel credits.
Credits are a big point of difference. The American Express® Green Card offers a $100 annual CLEAR credit and $100 annual LoungeBuddy credit; the American Express® Gold Card brings up to $120 in annual dining credits and a $100 annual airline fee credit.
Which card should you choose?
American Express® Green Card
- 30,000 bonus Membership Rewards® Points when you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 3x Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel
- 3x points at restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases
American Express® Gold Card
- Earn 4x points at restaurants. You'll also earn 4x points at US supermarkets up to 25,000 per calendar year. Earn 1x points after that and on everything else.
- A solid 35,000-point welcome offer after you spend $4,000 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- Get a great selection of travel benefits and credits, including a monthly $10 dining credit and $100 airline fee credit.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert