Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to activate a USAA credit card
There are two ways to activate your card.
As soon as your USAA credit card arrives, you can activate it by phone or online. Unlike other card providers, USAA lets you activate your card even before it arrives in the mail.
How to activate your USAA card online
You need an online USAA account to activate your card. You can easily sign up if you don’t have one. Once you have set it up, here’s how to activate your USAA card:
- Log in to your online USAA account
- Look for the Activate card link
- Enter your card information, such as the card number, expiration date and CVV
- You might be required to enter personal information, such as your date of birth and Social Security number
How to activate your USAA card by phone
Another option for activating your card:
- Call 210-531-8722
- Say you want to activate your card
- Provide your card’s account number or your USAA membership number
- You may also need to provide your SSN and date of birth
Compare USAA credit cards
If your financial situation allows it, you can consider applying for another card to complement your new USAA card. A second card that pairs well with your first can get you a higher credit limit and perks that your current card lacks, such as some of the best rewards on groceries, gas or any other category where you spend most.
You can activate your USAA credit card just like you would activate any other card. In most cases, USAA lets you activate your card online before your physical card arrives.
Now that you have your card active, consider adding one of the best secondary credit cards to your wallet to get additional perks, increase your credit limit and earn a signup bonus.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert