While all Visa cards come with a few perks to make traveling easier — such as rental car insurance or emergency card replacement — Visa Signature cards’ premium rewards and benefits can make your trips run even smoother. Chief among these is concierge services, a feature offered on eligible Signature and Infinite cards that can take the planning out of your hands.
Back to top
The Visa Signature concierge service is a program that offers specific 24/7 concierge services to Visa Signature cardholders. These services are like having your own personal assistant and can help you with, booking, research and other task-oriented activities.
What can Visa Signature concierge service do?
Visa’s concierge service helps busy travelers save time by taking the stress of planning and coordinating off their hands. Services include:
- Travel coordination. Visa Signature concierge does travel research, trip planning and books airline tickets or hotel stays. They can also put you in touch with chauffeured driving services to help you move around town.
- Sports and entertainment. While you’re not likely to get a sold-out show, Visa Signature concierge can help you book tickets.
- Dining reservations. Visa Signature concierge provides reservation services as well as recommendations based on requests.
- Shopping. This includes gift recommendations and gift deliveries.
How to contact Visa Signature concierge
You can reach the concierge service 24/7 by calling Visa’s toll-free phone number: 800-953-7392. For calls outside of the US, you can call collect: 630-350-4551.
You can also email your request to Visa through the concierge website.
Making the most of your concierge service means making some changes to the way you plan travel and other events. Here are some tips for using your concierge service effectively.
- Plan ahead. While your Visa Signature concierge service can take care of certain services for you, it’s still limited by availability. Your concierge service won’t fare any better than you when trying to book a flight on a date close to your desired departure.
- Know what you want. While your Visa Signature concierge service can perform research to help you narrow choices, they won’t necessarily be able to offer recommendations on all fronts. Have an idea of what sort of hotel or dining experience you want before calling concierge service for help.
- Delegate. Take a look at your task list and figure out which items you could pass on to your concierge service, such as making supply orders, calling businesses to gather basic information or sending in a print order to a copy shop.
A variety of cards other than Visa come with concierge services, including certain Citi and American Express cards. Be sure to compare your options.Back to top
The cards in this table offer Visa Signature benefits. If you’re interested in the concierge service, verify that the card you’re looking at features this before you apply.
Based on cardholder responses gathered from social media sites such as Reddit, your mileage may vary when it comes to the usefulness of Visa concierge.
Many cardholders felt that the services offered by the Visa concierge service wasn’t a higher quality than what they could have done on their own. Others reported instances where Visa was unable to book an event but the user was able to do so when they tried on their own.
Cardholders with positive experiences seemed to enjoy the extra time the service freed up for them. Others were able to land reservations at hard to book restaurants with no troubles at all through the service.
Why use Visa Signature concierge over Alexa?
Visa concierge and personal digital assistants like Alexa or Siri can both simplify your life by taking the burden of research or booking out of your hands. The main advantage to a concierge over Alexa? With Visa concierge you’ll be speaking to a real person. This opens up a level of nuance to your requests that Siri or Alexa might not be able to handle.
The more you choose to use the concierge service, the more you’ll benefit.
While using the service to make last-minute hotel reservations or flight bookings won’t save you much stress, calling ahead of time to arrange future plans can save you time.
Ultimately, the concierge service is a useful perk that some will find more useful than others. But at no personal cost for access to the service beyond the cost of your card, you aren’t losing out if you don’t make the most of it.Back to top
A concierge service covers basic tasks you’d otherwise have to do yourself, making it a nice perk considering it’s included with the card. With a few adjustments to your routine, you could utilize this service to make travel planning less stressful and time-consuming.
Take a look at the rest of your Visa Signature benefits to see how a Visa Signature card can make your travel less stressful.
Back to top
- Is the Visa Signature concierge service available in different languages? No. Currently, the Visa Signature concierge service is only available in English.
- Is there a limit to how many times I can use the Visa concierge service? No. You can use the Visa Signature concierge service as often as you wish.
- What’s the turnaround time for requests? Expect most standard requests to be completed within 24 to 48 hours.
- Is information I provide to the Visa Signature concierge service confidential? Yes. Though Visa might share some information with service providers when it comes to fulfilling requests such as purchases.
- What’s the difference between Visa Signature and Visa Infinite concierge?
Ostensibly, Visa Infinite concierge is the “premium” version of Visa’s concierge service. Unfortunately, Visa doesn’t list any differences and users observed on social media can’t note any changes between the two.