Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Veem Global Business Payments review
The first to use the blockchain for transactions, Veem offers fast, inexpensive business transfers.
If you’re in one of the 60 countries it services, Veem can offer your business international payments and mass invoicing with ease. Unlike other transfer specialists, Veem uses bitcoin’s blockchain for B2B transfers that don’t require intermediaries like banks. By cutting out the middleman, Veem’s transfers are typically faster and cheaper than its competitors.
What is Veem Global Business Payments?
A remittance service, Veem uses innovative “multirail” technology that combines blockchain technology typically used for cryptocurrency with the more traditional systems of fiat currency. This technology ensures an inexpensive service that quickly chooses the “rail” providing the best exchange rate and fastest transmission at the time of your transfer.
Unlike other money transfer services, Veem offers business payments only. The low cost and ease of international payments makes Veem particularly appealing for small to midsize businesses that bump into difficulties using other services.
If you’re looking to send money to loved ones around the world, you’ll need to compare your other options.
|Product name||Veem Global Business Payments|
|Maximum transfer||No maximum, but documentation required for large transfers|
|Transfer method||Bank to bank|
|Transfer options||Integration with QuickBooks|
|Delivery speed||1–3 business days|
|Transfer fees||$0 for USD to other currencies; $15 for USD to USD|
|Exchange rates||Competitive rates that top out at about 2%, depending on the country or currency|
|Available currencies||All currencies|
|Customer service||Phone, email, call request|
How are Veem’s exchange rates?
Veem claims that its multirail technology can get you exchange rate spreads that are half those of what you’ll get from your local bank. Add to this Veem’s discounts for larger payments, and you’re likely to save even more:
|Transaction amount||Veem rate|
|$25,000 or more||1.5%|
How much will it cost to send money with Veem?
Compare Veem to other business payments specialists
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Minimum transfer amounts and available countries
Veem Global Business Payments has no minimum or maximum amounts for transfers, but you can save more on rates for larger transfers.
Veem sends and receive payments in:
Veem can send to but not from:
How do I send money through Veem Global Business Payments?
1. To use Veem, you’ll need to first sign up for an account. Simply select Signup at upper right corner.
2. Select your country and create your log in information.
3. Veem will confirm your email in a matter of minutes. After, log in and create your payment request. If this is your first request, you’ll need to provide further details about your business for final ID verification. Verification can take up to three business days.
4. Your recipient will need to sign up with Veem to receive your funds. After, sending money is as simple as providing their name, business name and email address along with the amount you’re sending.
5. You can log in to your account to track your payment every step of the way.
How does invoicing work with Veem?
Veem offers an invoicing feature that streamlines the process for any business owner in four easy steps:
- Log in to your Veem account and upload your invoice. Status changes to Invoice Sent.
- Veem will email the business or person you’re invoicing with detailed payment instructions. Status changes to Waiting for Funds.
- When Veem receives your payment, it updates your invoice status to Funds Received.
- Veem transfers and deposits your funds into your designated bank account. Status changes to Funds Sent.
What to watch out for
Veem can help you make business payments quickly with competitive exchange rates, but with a few potential drawbacks.
- Business payments only. Veem does not support transfers to and from individuals.
- Limited availability. Veem transfers to and from 24 countries and sends only to another 37 countries — but those countries don’t include many in Africa.
- Speedy transfers. Business funds are delivered in one to three business days.
- Competitive rates. You’ll likely never pay more than 2% on the mid-market rate.
- QuickBooks integration. Share your Veem transfers with QuickBooks for easy payments to international suppliers in more than 60 countries.
- No limits. Send as much — or as little — as necessary for your business.
- Limited send & receive countries. Many African countries are excluded from Veem’s services.
- Business payments only. As of now, Veem does not support personal transactions.
How safe is Veem Global Business Payments?
Veem is Comodo certified and keeps your data and personal information safe with up-to-date encryption and advanced protocols. Veem is also insured against theft, hacking and operational losses.
- Track your transfer. To view the progress of your transfer, log in to your account.
- Customer service. For support, call 1-877-279-2629, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request that a team member call you back online.
Veem Global Business Payments is a solid choice for businesses looking to send and receive payments quickly and inexpensively internationally. So many happy customers could mean that you’ll soon ask others to “Just Veem it!”
Frequently asked questions about Veem
How long does it take for Veem to verify my account?
Veem typically verifies accounts quickly, but compliance checks may be required depending on your business and country. In these cases, verification can take up to three days.
How important is it that Veem uses the blockchain?
Veem claims to be the first transfer specialist to use the blockchain to enhance international transfers. By using the secure, decentralized blockchain for its transactions, Veem bypasses intermediaries like banks. Cutting out the middleman typically results in faster, less expensive transfers.
How quickly does Veem process payments?
Payments should arrive to your recipient’s bank account one to three days after you initiate a transfer, though many users report one-day transactions.
More guides on Finder
Navy Federal Visa Buxx review
Navy Federal’s Visa Buxx card has no fees, but you must qualify for membership with the credit union.
How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the US
Want to buy bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the US.
Golden 1 New Generation Checking review
Golden 1 Credit Union’s New Generation Checking account is free for teens and comes with check-writing capabilities.
First Internet Bank Small Business Checking account review
An interest-earning small business checking account with unlimited transactions. But its deposit system is clunky.
Clearwater Credit Union Primary Savings Account review
Clearwater Credit Union’s primary savings account offers the convenience of online and in-person banking — but lacks a high APY rate.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
Coinbase vs Robinhood
Discover which exchange is better suited to cryptocurrency trading after comparing things like fees, security and features.
Golden 1 Credit Union Freedom Checking account review
A spending account geared toward students with a B average or higher.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card Review
An enticing and easy-to-use 5% cashback card.
TD Double Up℠ Credit Card review
A strong 2% cashback card for TD Bank customers.
Ask an Expert