Keep all your travels safe from the unexpected with Allstate travel insurance.
Whether you’re heading off on an extended getaway, a last-minute vacation or a business trip, it’s crucial that you have protection for the unexpected. No one budgets for a medical emergency when you’re on vacation. Investing in Allstate travel insurance before a trip can give you the peace of mind to truly relax on your trip.
Allstate is a world-renowned insurance company underwritten by RBC Life Insurance that provides auto, home, life, health, security and travel insurance. Policies include coverage for annual multi-trip journeys, single-trip journeys, medical expenses and trip cancellations. There’s also a special policy for visitors to Canada that provides emergency medical coverage for friends and families who visit from overseas.
Allstate travel insurance policies
- Multi-trip annual. If you’re a frequent traveler — taking two or more trips a year — this policy will save you time and money. You’re covered for as many trips as you want within 12 months of the policy.
- Single-trip. This policy is good for one trip, from the day you leave until the day you return home.
- Travel medical. Coverage for emergency medical care for single- and multi-trip policyholders. Allstate pays the hospital or doctor or will reimburse you for eligible medical-related expenses. Coverage includes hospital stays and treatments, dental services, prescriptions, ambulance services, private duty nursing and emergency air transportation for medical evacuation.
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption. This covers you if your trip is cancelled before departure for things like bad weather or the death or illness of a loved one. It pays for unfinished or interrupted trips due to unavoidable circumstances that cause you to cut your trip short and return home.
- Accidental death and dismemberment. Coverage for you or your beneficiary in the event of accidental death or loss resulting from an accident.
- Visitors to Canada medical. This policy is available for foreign workers, immigrants or other visitors to Canada. It provides benefits for emergency medical treatment, dental services and emergency air transportation.
- Rental car protection. Coverage for rental cars while you’re traveling protecting you against towing, fire department charges and reasonable loss to the vehicle.
- Baggage. If your baggage or personal items are lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen while in transit or from a hotel, you’ll be covered.
- Non-medical package. This policy provides coverage for trip cancellation and interruption, accidental death and dismemberment as well as lost, stolen or damaged baggage.
- Visitors to Canada. This benefit is available for single-trip journeys for trip cancellation and interruption, accidental death and dismemberment as well as lost, damaged or stolen baggage.
- All-inclusive vacation. This benefit is available for single-trip journeys for travelers aged 59 years and younger. In provides coverage for trip cancellation and interruption, accidental death and dismemberment, and damaged, lost or stolen baggage.
Compare Allstate to other insurance providers
Additional options available on Allstate travel insurance policies
Allstate provides members with two comprehensive travel packages that include all the benefits mentioned above. However, the following additional options are available for travelers who need a little more coverage.
- Pre-existing medical condition coverage. This benefit provides a maximum benefit of $150,000 per person per trip and pays for medical and hospital expenses for injury or sickness related to a pre-existing condition.
- Deductible coverage. While the insurer doesn’t cover expenses if you have other insurance policies, plans, or contracts to cover those losses, Allstate offers an additional benefit that covers the excess cost that your other insurance plans and policies don’t cover.
Making a claim with Allstate Travel Insurance
Making a claim with an insurance company can be complicated. If you don’t provide all the information and documents to support your claim, it may be denied. To avoid delays when making claims with Allstate, this is what you must do:
- First, create an online account at www.tugo.com/claims and download all necessary files to begin the process. If you’re making more than one claim, you must complete all forms needed to make each specific claim.
- Once you complete the necessary forms, sign and mail them to Claims at TuGo to the address provided in your policy booklet.
- Relevant and original receipts and documents, such as airline documentation for trip cancellation and interruption, must be sent in with your claim forms.
- Claims for emergency medical insurance must be submitted with itemized receipts from physicians or hospitals along with medical certificates from attending physicians within the time frame provided.
You can visit or call an Allstate agent if you would rather not make your claim online.