Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Terra Virtua review and guide
Learn how to buy, sell and create NFTs on the Terra Virtua marketplace
Pros and cons of Terra Virtua
- Extra features. The Terra Virtua marketplace offers buying and selling NFTs as well as a customizable fancave and the Terradome to view your NFTs in AR/VR for leisure.
- Top industry partners. The team has an alliance with some of the biggest names in show business to bring fans some movie NFTs.
- Augmented and virtual reality. In a bid to create the metaverse, Terra Virtua is focused on bringing AR and VR options to its users, including mobile and PC.
- Simple sign up. Sign in with Facebook, MetaMask, or create a new account with a few clicks.
- Curated collections. The Terra Virtua team only offers curated pieces, and you must apply if you're an artist looking to share your creations.
- Limited for regular users. Unless you have an AR or VR headset, there are several features that you won't be able to fully enjoy. And iOS users are out of luck, since the AR and VR features are only for Windows and Android users.
- Limited options. Terra Virtua is mostly an entertainment-focused platform, and although it offers some art creations, the majority is aimed at movies or shows.
Terra Virtua is creating an NFT marketplace that combines augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) with blockchain and applies it to unique digital assets. It's a place to buy, sell and swap NFTs with a focus on entertainment and an immersive environment.
Along with high-powered players such as Microsoft, Electronic Arts (EA) and Paramount Pictures, Terra Virtua is creating a next-generation playground for users interested in digital objects and the entire online experience.
Our take on Terra Virtua
Terra Virtua is best suited for the movie buff or fans of mainstream entertainment. Its NFT selection is somewhat limited — compared to other marketplaces like Nifty Gateway or OpenSea — but it has huge partnerships.
Terra Virtua collaborates with major companies and blockchain-based projects such as EA, Paramount Pictures, Legendary Pictures, Nitro League, Hero Indian Super League, Bitmax and more.
These partnerships seriously add to the legitimacy of the Terra Virtua NFT marketplace.
The AR and VR capabilities are very interesting as well. However, iOS users are out of luck — these features are only available on Google Play and downloadable on Windows. And if you don't have any AR gear, like a phone headset or decent PC VR setup, these features aren't of much use to you.
In terms of actual user ease and experience, the platform is relatively simple to navigate. Account creation is simple, you can fund your account with a credit card, and you have the option of creating an account with your existing Facebook account or MetaMask wallet.Image source: Terra Virtua
If you're looking to create your own NFT collection to sell on Terra Virtua, this platform likely isn't for you. The NFTs featured on Terra Virtua's marketplace are highly selective, and you must apply to mint and sell — and given the big names featured, smaller artists may not qualify.
For NFT newbies, Terra Virtua offers free education materials that you can access before account creation. There are many guides about where and how to get help in the NFT space, what gives NFTs value and tips on how to invest.
About Terra Virtua
Terra Virtua is an NFT marketplace that's in Public Beta, is based out of the UK and founded in 2016.
The platform calls itself "A truly immersive collectible platform across Mobile, AR and VR with unique social, gaming and creative experiences, enabled by blockchain."Image source: Terra Virtua
The community behind Terra Virtua includes important players within the entertainment and computer industry. Terra Virtua is uniting blockchain and VR/AR to develop a next-gen NFT platform that highlights curated collectibles from famous studios.
Terra Virtua is looking to become the premier spot for collectors that goes beyond the classic JPEG tokens abundant in the crypto industry by filtering the items on its marketplace. Uniqueness and singularity are important components of the platform.
It offers a wide array of environments and benefits, such as the Fancave, which allows you to view your owned NFTs with AR and VR tech.
You'll also be able to host social interactions in the future. The team has created the Terra Virtua Gallery to host artistic creations, allowing creators to monetize their content and visitors to buy or swap art pieces.
Oculus Quest 2
Oculus products and accessories
Oculus Quest 2 256GB
Terra Virtua blockchain and currency
Terra Virtua was originally built on the Ethereum blockchain, but opted to move to the Polygon blockchain in an attempt to move to a more sustainable ecosystem in August 2021, reported by CoinTelegraph.
TVK is the token that powers the Terra Virtua platform and comes with a series of rewards. By holding a specific amount of TVK, you become a member of the Terra Virtua Prestige Club, which unlocks numerous benefits.
These include governance options, so you can vote on which collectibles you want to see, discounts on selected pieces, early access to unique collections, free NFT airdrops and invitations to events with artists and creators. Or, use the token to farm exclusive NFTs not available anywhere else, create your own digital collectibles and help curate exhibitions.
Compatible exchange: Gemini Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Wide range of exchangeable currencies
- User friendly
- Newcomer incentives
- Insurance on currency balances up to $250k
- Balances can earn interest
- High fees on mobile app
- Missing some notable top 20 currencies
- No linked debit cards available
Gemini's strongest point is its Gemini Earn program, which allows users to earn up to 7.4% interest on specified cryptocurrency balances.
Gemini has a wide selection of cryptos available for exchange on the platform. However, some notable entries from the top 20 by market cap are missing, such as Cardano and Solana.
|Deposit Methods||Bank transfer (ACH)
|Deposit Fees||Cryptocurrency: None
Bank transfer (ACH): None, bank fees may apply
Wire Transfer: Determined by your bank
Debit Card: 3.49% + Trading Fees
Paypal: 2.50% of total deposit amount + Trading Fees
|Withdrawal Fees||Cryptocurrency: None (for 10 withdrawals and below per month)
Others: None (for 10 withdrawals and below per month)
Taker fee - 0.03-0.4%
Maker fee - 0-0.2%
How to buy NFTs on Terra Virtua
To buy NFTs on Terra Virtua, visit the official website at https://terravirtua.io/ and choose the top right figurehead, also known as a vFlect, and go to Login/Register.
Follow these steps to create an account and buy an NFT:
- Create an account or sign in. Either sign in with Facebook or MetaMask, or create a new account with your name, custom username and email address.
- Choose a vFlect. After account creation, pick a vFlect. These are 3D robot characters created to interact inside the Terra Virtua digital environment.
- Confirm account. After picking your vFlect, you'll get an email confirming your account which allows you to access the Terra Virtua website.
- Shop. Choose Marketplace to buy NFTs. There are hundreds of options available, and they're priced in both US dollars and ether (ETH). To buy them, you'll need to connect a Web3 wallet such as MetaMask.
- Confirm purchase. Once you select the image, you're redirected to the information needed to learn more about the piece. Data points regarding the genre, artist and whether it's 2D or 3D appear, help you make an informed decision about your purchase.
You create your Terra Wallet after you buy an NFT for the first time or add your credit card.
Select Terra Wallet in your profile to fund your Terra Wallet with your credit card. You're redirected to the Add Funds page where you can enter your credit card details and fund your wallet. You can also link your Ethereum account with your existing Terra account, accessible in your profile.
To get fully involved in the Terra Virtua NFT marketplace, check out its Collections category on the top banner. The team has specially curated sections for movies such as Pacific Rim, The Godfather and Top Gun.
What types of NFTs are available on Terra Virtua marketplace?
Most NFTs are geared towards the entertainment industry and focus on famous productions such as Top Gun, The Godfather and Godzilla. But, there are still options beyond entertainment.
- Collectibles. Terra Virtua focuses on collectibles from important movies. Uprising is a popular science-fiction action film that has a series of collectibles on the Terra Virtua marketplace. Find a number of characters and items from the series, including Gipsy Avenger's classic chainsword.
- Crypto art. The gallery is curated by the Terra Virtua team, but there are notable artists on the platform. Creations by Amrita Sethi are currently available on the Terra Virtua Art Gallery, where she's created a series of voice art notes — you receive an art piece along with a voice note of the background behind the piece.
- Metaverse. Terra Virtua is focused on building an all-encompassing AR/VR platform that's fully immersive. The team built the Fancave and Terradome where you can hang out and interact with your NFTs and other users. Android users can use the mobile app to view their owned NFTs in AR.
How to sell NFT's on Terra Virtua
There are two options for selling NFTs on Terra Virtua: mint your own NFTs to sell or sell on the secondary market.
- Mint and sell. To become a creator, Terra Virtua's team reviews and filters the artists that are allowed to create, offer and sell NFTs on the primary marketplace. You must fill out the Terra Virtua Artists Registration Form to apply.
- Secondary sales. Like most other NFT marketplaces, secondary sales are a given. Owned Terra Virtua items are stored in your Terra Virtua account. Access your account to list your items for sale.
To withdraw your funds from your sold NFTs, you must contact Terra Virtua directly though a contact form — the minimum withdrawal amount is $30.
Terra Virtua fees
|Marketplace fee||3% transaction fee for all secondary sales|
|Credit card and fiat transactions||2.9% fee + $0.30 processing fee|
|Secondary sales||Between independent buyers and sellers there's royalties paid out and a 6% transaction fee.|
We were unable to locate a fixed or standard royalty percentage for creators, but we believe it's fixed at 10% based on information and special offers outlined on the site.
Terra Virtua NFT drops
Admittedly, locating the Terra Virtua drop schedule wasn't as easy as we would have liked — most NFT marketplaces have a button on its main navigation bar and we had to tool around a lot with the platform to find information on upcoming drops.
Nonetheless, Terra Virtua has a clear NFT drop schedule. To save you time and energy, you can access the page by visiting: blog.terravirtua.io/terra-virtua-nft-drop-schedule/.Image source: Terra Virtua
How the Terra Virtua app works
There's a Terra Virtua app, available on the Google Play store — it's free to install. At the time of writing, there's not an iOS app.
With the app installed, you can view, interact and display your owned Terra Virtua NFTs. The app has a 4.1-star rating, with most users stating it works well, but a few noting that it needs work and has slow load times. However, most seem to agree that it's a cool way to view NFTs and nifty for hardcore NFT collectors.Image source: Terra Virtua app
Terra Virtua's unique features
Aside from the curated collections, Terra Virtua sets itself apart from other NFT marketplaces with AR and VR capabilities. You can download the Google Play app on your device to view your owned NFTs in AR.
If you don't want to use the app — or can't — there are two other ways to display and interact with your owned Terra NFTs:
- Art Gallery. Downloaded on Windows, it's a virtual gallery that allows you to view NFTs.
- Fancave and Terra Dome. You can get your own customizable space to decorate and display your owned NFTs, also downloadable on Windows.
There's other cool projects with Terra Virtua as well. For example, Bored Ape Yacht Club offers owners a special opportunity to "license" their NFTs. This means Terra Virtua is offering Bored Ape owners the opportunity to transform their owned Ape into new 3D NFTs to be sold on the marketplace.
Terra Virtua is awarding participants 15% of the net sale proceeds in primary sales, and a 10% royalty on each secondary sale.
At the time of writing, the registration form for the Bored Apes VFLECT program is still ongoing.Image source: Terra Virtua
Is Terra Virtua legit?
Terra Virtua is a bona fide NFT marketplace. However, keep in mind that cryptocurrency continues to be an experimental industry.
There are commonplace issues across blockchain applications, such as malicious developers and unexploited codes, that can appear at any given moment.
The good news, though, is that Terra Virtua has yet to see any issues with its project. The protocol is also backed by some big entertainment players, such as EA and Paramount Pictures, which should bring a degree of legitimacy to the project.
Compare NFT marketplaces
Terra Virtua is creating a unique and exciting platform for movie buffs and those interested in the entertainment industry.
Backed by large players such as Paramount Pictures and EA, it's rapidly building an all-encompassing immersive place for users interested in interacting with numerous films.
Using the metaverse as a backdrop, Terra Virtua's AR/VR focus is quickly gaining traction and is a unique standalone point that might attract users looking for something more than simply buying and selling NFTs.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
Top 29 NFT and cryptocurrency influencers in 2022
Check out the top tastemakers for crypto, NFTs, DeFi, Bitcoin and blockchain technology, from NYT experts to published authors and YouTubers.
Finder Awards 2022: NFT marketplaces
We compared over 30 NFT marketplaces to award the top platforms of 2022.
7 best NFT Wallets 2022
Compare seven crypto wallets to store your NFTs.
7 best NFT marketplaces
Best 8 NFT marketplaces of 2022: See how they compare.
NFT vs. Crypto
Crypto and NFTs are far from the same thing – learn the differences.
NFT gas fees, explained
Gas fees are specific to the Ethernet network. You’ll pay one when minting, buying or selling an NFT. Here’s how they work.
What are cross-chain NFTs
Need to put an NFT on another blockchain? Here’s how.
How to mint an NFT
Step-by-step guide on minting an NFT.
The definitive ranking of the NFT adoption across 26 countries.
eBay NFTs review and guide
A deep dive into eBay’s foray into the NFT ecosystem, looking at everything from available categories to potential drawbacks.
Ask an Expert