Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
SunTrust vs. Bank of America mortgages
Both are giants in the banking industry, but how do the home loan programs, fees and requirements of these two lenders stack up?
How do SunTrust and Bank of America Mortgage compare?
- Choose this lender for access to a variety of government loan programs
- Watch out for frustrating customer service and billing errors
- A good option for low-income borrowers
- Choose this lender for low interest rates
- Watch out for bad customer reviews
- A good option for borrowers without much credit history
- Home Equity
- Home Equity
Neither of these seems the right fit?
Minimum credit score
Not available in: AK, AZ, HI, OR
Available in all states
- Low down payment options available
- Available online in English and Spanish
- Full-service banking
- In-person accessibility
- Lower than average interest rates
- Alternative credit data accepted
- Discounts for existing clients available
- Not available in all states
- Higher than average interest rates
- High volume of consumer complaints
- Limited coverage in the Midwest
- History of irresponsible mortgage lending
Compare other mortgage lenders
Ask an Expert