HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card
Get cashback as you spend and enjoy a range of further privileges with POSB.
The HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card is a debit card which offers cashback alongside a host of other benefits, including those which are exclusively accessed through being a HomeTeamNS member.
Read on to find out more about the HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card.
S$100 for 5 years and S$150 for 10 years
Minimum Initial Deposit
|Product Name||HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card|
|Annual Fee||S$100 for 5 years and S$150 for 10 years|
|Rewards||1% cashback at Takashimaya Department Store|
2% cash rebate
|Mobile payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, NETSPay, PayLah!|
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Key Features of the HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card
- Cash rebates. Get up to 2% back on local Mastercard contactless spending. Additionally, there’s a 1% cash rebate on online spending. You’ll have to spend at least S$400 per month on your card to get these benefits. Plus, enjoy 1% cashback at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2. You’ll receive a 0.3% cash rebate on all other retail spend.
- HomeTeamNS membership privileges. Access to five HomeTeamNS clubhouses and facilities are among the further benefits.
- PAssion membership. Cardholders get discounts at local People’s Association venues, such as member’s rates on yoga classes, children’s art sessions and more. Plus, you can unlock further savings as you spend with Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian.
- 1-1 offers. Take advantage of savings each month including at family-friendly locations like the Singapore Cable Car and Adventure Cove Waterpark.
- Contactless payments. You can make contactless payments for purchases under S$200.
- Transport card. You can tap and pay for bus and train rides/
What fees and limits apply?
- While there’s no annual fee, many customers will have to pay for the HomeTeamNS membership fees in order to get this debit card: it costs S$100 for five years or S$150 for ten years.
- You will be charged for overseas ATM withdrawals unless you use Westpac Group ATMs in Australia or DBS in Hong Kong. You’ll be charged a S$2 ATM fee at certain ATMs in BCA, Indonesia, India and the Philippines. All other overseas ATMs come with a S$7 charge.
- There is a default limit for NETS transactions (S$5,000), ATM withdrawals (S$3,000) and debit card transactions (S$2,000). You can change these limits via iBanking.
How to Apply for the HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card
There are a number of requirements for the HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card, including:
- You must be 16 years or older
- You need to hold one of the following accounts: POSB Savings Account, DBS Savings Plus Account, DBS Autosave Account or DBS Current Account.
- You also need to be a HomeTeamNS member to apply for this debit card.
HomeTeamNS members can be:
- Ordinary Members. All NSmen who have served, or are serving, in the Singapore Police Force (SPF) / Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
- Associate Members. All staff that have served, or are serving, in any of the Home Team Agencies under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- If you’re a first-time applicant for HomeTeamNS membership, you must go to any HomeTeamNS Clubhouse with the following documents:
- Ordinary members: SPF / SCDF NS Id / NS Booklet / SmartCard / Certificate of Conduct, Letter of Discharge of NS liability
- Associate members: Warrant Card / Staff Pass / Letter of Appointment / or Payslip
If you’re applying for HomeTeamNS membership for the first time, you must visit any of the HomeTeamNS Clubhouses in-person. A membership term of minimum of five years will be required.
Once you’re a HomeTeamNS member, you can apply for the HomeTeamNS PAssion POSB Debit Card, via one of three ways:
- Online Banking via the DBS website
- Sending a completed application form to DBS Bank Ltd, DBS Card Services, Orchard P.O. Box 360, Singapore 912312
- Sending an SMS to DBS (visit this provider’s website for full details). A Customer Services Officer will then contact you within three working days to assist your application.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.