Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citibank credit card promotions 2021
Citibank offers credit card users deals on travel, dining, lifestyle and more.
Deals and promotions can be a decisive factor when signing up for a credit card. Citibank offers a broad range of credit cards for various needs and each comes with varying promotions including welcome offers, cash rebates and shopping specials.
Compare the various promotions offer by Citibank credit cards and learn how you can maximise these card-related deals.
Citibank provides card users with a range of promotions and deals. These promos vary and can include cashback incentives, sign-up bonuses, accelerated reward point earning and preferential interest rates on investments. Card users will also be able to make the most of ‘Citi World Privileges’, which offer discounts and deals on goods and services.
Citibank divides its privileges into the following categories:
- Dining. Citibank’s dining rewards scheme is called ‘Citibank Gourmet Pleasures’. Citibank has partnered with more than 200 restaurants across Singapore, offering card users deals and discounts on a variety of cuisines and eateries. Citibank Gourmet Pleasure rewards can also be redeemed at bars, allowing card users to receive up to 20% off their bill totals.
- Hotels. Card users can redeem discounted rates, complimentary breakfasts and a variety of upgrades at partnered hotels across Singapore. These deals may be subject to terms and conditions and may only be valid during specified windows of time.
- Shopping. Citibank offers a number of shopping promotions, both in-store and online. Promos can take the form of discounts, welcome vouchers and exclusive deals. Affiliated brands include Lazada, Zalora, Shopee and more.
- Travel. Citibank card users can find deals and promotions from airlines and car rental companies. Travel promos also extend to sightseeing, with exclusive deals and discounted tickets available for a range of travel experiences.
- Lifestyle. Citibank is affiliated with a number of lifestyle brands and companies. These partnerships result in deals and promos for Citibank credit card users on a range of items such as beauty and health products, new pieces of technology and rounds of golf.
How to choose the best Citibank credit card promotion
There are a number of considerations to make when choosing a car for the best credit card promotions. These include:
- Checking what you’re already eligible for. You may not have to sign up for a new card to get the best promotion available. If you already have a credit card, chances are that you’re missing out on some existing promotions. Head online and search for your card and you should find a list of current promotions available to you.
- Welcome offers. If you need a new credit card, you should pay close attention to welcome offers and sign-up bonuses. These often come in the form of bonus reward points or air miles. While day-to-day fees and charges associated with your card are important, a large sign-up bonus can be a great tiebreaker when picking between cards.
- Research and planning. Forward planning includes reading the terms and conditions. Be sure to check whether deals and promotions have expiry dates, terms of redemption or capped ceilings. Knowing what’s on offer, when it’s on offer and how to maximise your redemption can be the difference between getting the most out of a promotion and a wasted opportunity.
- Knowing yourself. The best promotion for you will be something that you actually enjoy. If you love to travel then a welcome offer of extra air miles would be ideal. If you’re a shopaholic then look for a credit card that can provide you with extra discounts at your favourite stores.
Pros and cons of Citibank credit cards
There are a number of factors to be aware of when assessing Citibank credit cards. These include:
- A large range of card types. Citibank offers a number of different credit cards. These include cashback, air miles, rewards, petrol and student cards. This variety allows you to find a card that suits your needs and financial habits.
- Reward point earning. You’ll be able to earn Citi ThankYou reward points as you use your Citibank credit card. Points can be spent on a mix of goods and services, and some points can be earned as, or transferred into, air miles.
- Technology. Citibank credit card users have access to FAST (Fast and Secure Transfers), Citibank SMS Pay, EZ-Pay and digital payment service Visa Checkout.
- Security. Citibank cards have a host of inbuilt safeguards to protect against fraud and unauthorised transactions. You can also elect to receive SMS notifications for every transaction completed on your Citibank credit card.
- Minimum spend requirements. Some promotions and deals can only be claimed after you reach a minimum spend total on your new card. If you don’t hit the required total spend, you won’t be eligible for the bonus. This is worth keeping in mind if you’re choosing a card for a welcome offer. Many of these offers have attached minimum spend requirements.
- Capped redemptions. Some deals and offers are capped. This means you may only get cash back up to a certain amount, or a smaller discount on a product than you had hoped. Be sure to read the terms and conditions associated with certain offers, as the fine print may minimise your imagined saving.
- Time restrictions. Be sure to check if a certain promo or deal has a specific time window. You may miss out if an offer expires halfway through the year and you only think to check your card for the promotion in September. Other deals such as dining discounts and hotel promotions are often subject to time restrictions. These may include offers not being valid on weekends, public holidays or peak season.
Deals and promotions can be a great way to get the most out of your credit card. If you plan ahead and do your research, you may be able to make full use of what your card has on offer. If a Citibank credit card is right for you, start comparing your options here.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
The Book Depository promo codes October 2021
Love books? Get new titles and classics online from The Book Depository, from the comfort of home. Relax, enjoy, learn.
Top 8 sites to buy bikes online that ship to Singapore 2021
If you are a bike rider you can get your bikes online at these stores and save. There is something for everyone!
Top sites for buying activewear and gym gear online in Singapore 2021
Great activewear is functional, attractive, flattering and comfy. There is a range of beut gear from these 14 online stores.
YouTrip vs Credit Card
Both prepaid cards and credit cards give you the option to shop with ease – here’s how they compare.
Revolut alternatives including banks, apps and competitors
There are a number of cards and banking apps similar to Revolut that you can use in Singapore, so we’ve put together a list and compared their features for you.
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Top sites to buy false eyelashes online in Singapore 2021
Pick up drama-infusing false eyelashes at these top retailers for less with one of our coupons.
Where to buy eyeshadow online in Singapore 2021
Top up your makeup kit and try out new looks with eye shadows from our list of retailers.
Where to buy reusable coffee cups online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee cups online at any of these prime retailers.