QuadPay Visa Card review: Buy now, pay over six weeks
Pay for purchases in four installments.
- Get this card if you want to use QuadPay Visa Card to pay for purchases in installments.
- Pick something else if you want a general-use card.
- Get the card by registering and being approved for a QuadPay account.
Recommended credit score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The QuadPay Visa Card is a virtual card — a product that exists digitally instead of as a physical card. Because its sole purpose is to let you pay for purchases in four installments, you must use QuadPay Visa Card through the QuadPay app.
You can use the QuadPay Visa Card to pay for purchases at any online retailer that accepts Visa — and any physical store that accepts mobile wallet payments via Apple Pay or Google Pay. This gives QuadPay a leg up on other “pay over time” services, as it doesn’t limit your options to a limited pool of retail partners.
If it seems like QuadPay would be valuable to you, the QuadPay Visa Card can make a great addition to your digital wallet.
How to apply for the QuadPay Visa Card
The QuadPay Visa Card is available now, and you don’t have to apply for it — it’s included in your QuadPay account automatically. However, you need to register for QuadPay with the following information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- A US mobile number
While the application process is simple, note that QuadPay doesn’t approve everyone to use payments through its platform.
What credit score do I need?
QuadPay doesn’t publicly disclose a minimum credit score. In fact, it’s not apparent that you need a credit score, given the QuadPay Visa is included in your account after you register.
Keep in mind that QuadPay does sometimes restrict certain users’ ability to use the QuadPay Visa Card. The company makes these decisions based on undisclosed criteria.
What is the QuadPay Visa Card?
The QuadPay Visa Card is a virtual card inside the QuadPay app that can be used at online and physical stores that accept Visa and mobile wallet payments. The QuadPay Visa Card allows you to split your purchases into four installments over six weeks interest-free.
A flat fee per order
QuadPay doesn’t charge interest. However, they do charge $1 per installment for payments made using a linked payment card. If you use your linked card for all four installments, this will add up to $4 in convenience fees per order.
How does it work?
When you’re ready to make a purchase with a retailer, activate the QuadPay Visa Card via the app. Here’s how to use your QuadPay Visa Card:
- In the QuadPay app, tap the Start shopping button.
- Select whether you’re shopping in-store or online.
- After you’ve selected your items at a retailer, type the purchase amount in the QuadPay app. Include costs such as taxes and shipping.
- This will activate the QuadPay Visa Card. Now, use the card to complete your purchase — for example, by entering payment info or using it through Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Over six weeks, QuadPay will automatically charge your specified payment method four times, including any convenience fees.
Note that the minimum order to use QuadPay is $35.
Compare store credit cards
The QuadPay Visa Card is a virtual card that you use through the QuadPay app. It gives you access to installment payments at retailers that accept Visa.
It’s not a general-use credit card, however. For that, consider a card from a major provider.