PlayStation® Card review
Make of most of your PlayStation gaming with this no-fee card.
- Get this card if… you’re an avid gamer on PlayStation and PS4.
- Pick something else if…you want a card with a more flexible rewards program.
- Good to excellent credit score of 670 to 850 recommended.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 5x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 6 months (then 15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable)
|Product Name||PlayStation® Card|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 months (then 15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable|
|Balance transfer fee||3%|
|Cash advance rate||24.74% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest free period||Up to 25 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $38|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Adrienne Fuller is the head of publishing at Finder US. With a decade of experience creating guides in finance and education, she aims to deliver the accurate and transparent information she wishes she had when she made some of life's important financial decisions. For the past 3 years she has been the publisher of money transfers, helping readers save when they send money all over the globe. She has a BA from Colorado College and loves to hike with her two Catahoula dogs around her home in San Diego.
How much do you spend money on PlayStation purchases? You don’t have to tell us, but if you’re an avid gamer, the PlayStation® Card from Capital One could be for you. This card comes with a signup bonus of 5,000 points when you make a purchase within the first 90 days — that’s $50 to spend on new titles. PlayStation Store purchases come with 1x points, and you’ll earn 3x points on all PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers.
- 0% intro APR. The current intro offer includes no interest on purchases through 0%.
- Signup bonus. The PlayStation® Card comes with 5,000 bonus points with any purchase made in the first 90 days from opening your account.
- Earn points. Earn 1x points on all PlayStation Store purchases and 3x points on PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers. You’ll also get 3x points on purchases at movie theaters, at fast food restaurants and through your mobile phone bill. All other purchases earn 5x points.
- Redeem points. Browse through a rewards catalog, or use your points to bid on exclusive cardmember offers.
- No annual fee. Keep more money in your gaming coffers with no annual fee over the life of the card.
What to watch out for
- End of intro APR. Confirm the end date for your intro APR offer to avoid a nasty surprise.
- Penalties and fees. Late and returned payments can cost you $38 or more.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval if your credit score is 670 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the PlayStation® Card website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide all required information, including your personal information and financial details.
3. Confirm the details you’ve provided are correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
An online system notifies you of conditional approval soon after submitting your application.
Compare credit cards
This card is best for the casual or hardcore gamer who spends a lot on PlayStation and other Sony purchases. But if you’re looking for a more flexible rewards card, you might want to pass it up.