Make of most of your PlayStation gaming with this no-fee card.
- Get this card if… you’re an avid gamer on PlayStation and PS4.
- Pick something else if…you want a card with a more flexible rewards program.
- Good to excellent credit score of 670 to 850 recommended.
|Product Name||PlayStation® Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 01/2019 billing period (then 15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR||15.74%, 18.74%, 21.74% or 24.99% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3%|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x points|
|Rewards Points Expiration||Never|
How much do you spend money on PlayStation purchases? You don’t have to tell us, but if you’re an avid gamer, the PlayStation® Card from Capital One could be for you. This card comes with a signup bonus of 5,000 points when you make a purchase within the first 90 days — that’s $50 to spend on new titles. PlayStation Store purchases come with 1x points, and you’ll earn 3x points on all PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers.
- 0% intro APR. The current intro offer includes no interest on purchases through 0%.
- Signup bonus. The PlayStation® Card comes with 5,000 bonus points with any purchase made in the first 90 days from opening your account.
- Earn points. Earn 1x points on all PlayStation Store purchases and 3x points on PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers. You’ll also get 3x points on purchases at movie theaters, at fast food restaurants and through your mobile phone bill. All other purchases earn 5x points.
- Redeem points. Browse through a rewards catalog, or use your points to bid on exclusive cardmember offers.
- No annual fee. Keep more money in your gaming coffers with no annual fee over the life of the card.
What to watch out for
- End of intro APR. Confirm the end date for your intro APR offer to avoid a nasty surprise.
- Penalties and fees. Late and returned payments can cost you $38 or more.
Consider other cards if …
- You want a variety of redeeming options. You’re limited to using points on Sony purchases. But you’ll find other cards out there offer travel rewards, hotel perks and cash back.
- You want an intro APR offer on balance transfers. If you’re looking to consolidate existing balances to one card, look into other cards that come with intro APR offers on transfers.
What to know before you apply
You can apply for PlayStation® Card if:
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a resident of the US.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval if your credit score is 670 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the PlayStation® Card website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide all required information, including your personal information and financial details.
3. Confirm the details you’ve provided are correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
An online system notifies you of conditional approval soon after submitting your application.
This card is best for the casual or hardcore gamer who spends a lot on PlayStation and other Sony purchases. But if you’re looking for a more flexible rewards card, you might want to pass it up.