Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Pet insurance discounts
Cut down on pet expenses with common discounts and money-saving alternatives.
What pet insurance discounts can I get?
The most common type of discount you’ll find is a multi-pet discount. This list also includes a few common discounts that might be available:
- Multiple pets. If you own more than one pet, you can save around 5% for insuring two or all of your furry friends with the same insurer.
- Multi-policy. A few insurance companies like Lemonade offer bundling insurance discounts when you’re buying more than one policy. You could save another 5% off your premium.
- Military. Some pet insurers honor those serving in the military with a 5% or 10% discount.
- Pay in full. You can shave a few dollars off your total cost by avoiding monthly service charges, which typically cost $2 or $3 per payment.
Which types of pet insurance policies have discounts?
Different types of pet insurance policies qualify for discounts, while others build in discounts or a lower premium. What to consider:
- Accidental injury policies. This policy covers your furry friend against sudden, unexpected events like broken bones or your pet eating a toy, but not common illnesses that are more likely to happen. Because of its lower protection, accident-only policies can cost less than half the price of other policies.
- Injury and illness policies. You can qualify for nearly any discounts a pet insurance company offers with this comprehensive policy. It offers more thorough coverage to protect you from vet costs compared to an accident-only policy.
- Wellness. If you buy or add on a wellness plan, the plan will pay for specific routine services like vaccines or an annual checkup with a maximum dollar limit. Insurers design the plans to save you money if you use most or all of the services covered. When buying, you might see the plan’s cost compared to the value of all the services, showing you how much you could save.
- Discount memberships. Discount plans are rare, but they can lower the cost of your pet’s medical expenses each time you use the plan’s service. You’ll buy a membership for a company in order to access the discounts offered.For example, you can find discounted vet services if your vet works with PetAssure, a discount plan that you buy through some employers. Also, Banfield wellness plan memberships offer discounts for vet services and pet supplies, although it’s not highly rated for customer service.
Compare pet insurance
Many companies offer small discounts if you own multiple pets, although some give other types of discounts too. Otherwise, consider getting quotes from several pet insurance companies to find the best value.
More guides on finder
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
Do I need disability insurance?
Who long-term or short-term disability insurance works best for, and pros and cons to buying both.
How much does a divorce cost?
Depending on whether you go the DIY route or hire lawyers, it may cost you a few hundred to thousands of dollars.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
What to expect from Walmart’s Big Save Event
Get ready to shop Walmart’s upcoming Big Save Event to rival Amazon Prime Day, offering discounts on everything from cute winter dresses to Roku products.
How to maximize your savings for Black Friday 2020
Black Friday deals will look different this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, but there are still plenty of ways to save. See our top tips for holiday savings.
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Horror stories you could actually insure against
13 best horror stories where insurance could have saved the day.
What is divorce mediation?
A cheaper alternative to going to court that helps couples resolve issues together.
Short-term vs. long-term disability insurance
Short- and long-term disability insurance offers coverage for different amounts of time and replaces a different percentage of your income, but you can buy both if you can afford it.
Ask an Expert