What pet insurance discounts can I get?
The most common type of discount you’ll find is a multi-pet discount. This list also includes a few common discounts that might be available:
- Multiple pets. If you own more than one pet, you can save around 5% for insuring two or all of your furry friends with the same insurer.
- Multi-policy. A few insurance companies like Lemonade offer bundling insurance discounts when you’re buying more than one policy. You could save another 5% off your premium.
- Military. Some pet insurers honor those serving in the military with a 5% or 10% discount.
- Pay in full. You can shave a few dollars off your total cost by avoiding monthly service charges, which typically cost $2 or $3 per payment.
Which types of pet insurance policies have discounts?
Different types of pet insurance policies qualify for discounts, while others build in discounts or a lower premium. What to consider:
- Accidental injury policies. This policy covers your furry friend against sudden, unexpected events like broken bones or your pet eating a toy, but not common illnesses that are more likely to happen. Because of its lower protection, accident-only policies can cost less than half the price of other policies.
- Injury and illness policies. You can qualify for nearly any discounts a pet insurance company offers with this comprehensive policy. It offers more thorough coverage to protect you from vet costs compared to an accident-only policy.
- Wellness. If you buy or add on a wellness plan, the plan will pay for specific routine services like vaccines or an annual checkup with a maximum dollar limit. Insurers design the plans to save you money if you use most or all of the services covered. When buying, you might see the plan’s cost compared to the value of all the services, showing you how much you could save.
- Discount memberships. Discount plans are rare, but they can lower the cost of your pet’s medical expenses each time you use the plan’s service. You’ll buy a membership for a company in order to access the discounts offered.For example, you can find discounted vet services if your vet works with PetAssure, a discount plan that you buy through some employers. Also, Banfield wellness plan memberships offer discounts for vet services and pet supplies, although it’s not highly rated for customer service.
Compare pet insurance
Many companies offer small discounts if you own multiple pets, although some give other types of discounts too. Otherwise, consider getting quotes from several pet insurance companies to find the best value.
More guides on Finder
Unifimoney account review
Unifimoney lets you spend, save and invest, but it’s only free for high-income individuals.
Moving expenses deduction for 2020-2021
Learn what the moving expenses deduction is, how to claim it on your taxes and more.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Energy costs by state
Which states have the most expensive and cheapest energy cost?
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Principal Platinum Card review
A store card you can use exclusively at the Horizon Outlet online store.
Kachinga Prepaid Mastercard review
Teach your kid to save, spend and give wisely with this prepaid debit card and mobile app.
New disability insurance option for the self-employed, starting at just $6/month
Get up to $500,000 in coverage for freelancers, gig workers and small businesses.
Guardian vision insurance review May 2021
Get a generous allowance to put towards contact lenses or frames with this plan.
Ask an Expert