What pet insurance discounts can I get?
The most common type of discount you’ll find is a multi-pet discount. This list also includes a few common discounts that might be available:
- Multiple pets. If you own more than one pet, you can save around 5% for insuring two or all of your furry friends with the same insurer.
- Multi-policy. A few insurance companies like Lemonade offer bundling insurance discounts when you’re buying more than one policy. You could save another 5% off your premium.
- Military. Some pet insurers honor those serving in the military with a 5% or 10% discount.
- Pay in full. You can shave a few dollars off your total cost by avoiding monthly service charges, which typically cost $2 or $3 per payment.
Which types of pet insurance policies have discounts?
Different types of pet insurance policies qualify for discounts, while others build in discounts or a lower premium. What to consider:
- Accidental injury policies. This policy covers your furry friend against sudden, unexpected events like broken bones or your pet eating a toy, but not common illnesses that are more likely to happen. Because of its lower protection, accident-only policies can cost less than half the price of other policies.
- Injury and illness policies. You can qualify for nearly any discounts a pet insurance company offers with this comprehensive policy. It offers more thorough coverage to protect you from vet costs compared to an accident-only policy.
- Wellness. If you buy or add on a wellness plan, the plan will pay for specific routine services like vaccines or an annual checkup with a maximum dollar limit. Insurers design the plans to save you money if you use most or all of the services covered. When buying, you might see the plan’s cost compared to the value of all the services, showing you how much you could save.
- Discount memberships. Discount plans are rare, but they can lower the cost of your pet’s medical expenses each time you use the plan’s service. You’ll buy a membership for a company in order to access the discounts offered.For example, you can find discounted vet services if your vet works with PetAssure, a discount plan that you buy through some employers. Also, Banfield wellness plan memberships offer discounts for vet services and pet supplies, although it’s not highly rated for customer service.
Compare pet insurance
Many companies offer small discounts if you own multiple pets, although some give other types of discounts too. Otherwise, consider getting quotes from several pet insurance companies to find the best value.
More guides on Finder
How to move with your pets to Australia
Wondering how to move your pets with you to Australia? Read through our guide to bringing your furry friends with you down under.
CVS Epic Beauty sale
Time to act fast – CVS is hosting a beauty sale and you can save big on everything from skincare to makeup products.
Texas disaster assistance for the 2021 Winter Storm
Here’s where to get financial help for yourself and your business if you’ve been affected by the storm in February 2021.
What is health insurance cost sharing?
Learn cost-sharing terms to find out how much you’ll really pay for healthcare.
Should you sell on Poshmark or Tradesy?
Compare pros and cons of selling on Poshmark vs. Tradesy to help you get the most for your secondhand clothing, shoes and accessories.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Compare life insurance wellness programs
Get an incentive to meet your existing health and fitness goals with a discounted premium.
Combined life insurance review February 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
How can you use your health savings account (HSA) as a retirement investment?
A health savings account (HSA) can help you get prepared for your retirement. Learn more.
How much is Medicare in 2021?
Compare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance for every Medicare plan in 2021.
Ask an Expert