Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card review
A signup bonus worth 50,000 points and annual free nights make this mid-tier card shine.
finder.com’s rating: 4.3 / 5
- Get this card if you frequently stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Apply with good to excellent score of 670 or higher.
Up to 17x points at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and 2x points on all other purchases
15.99% to 22.99% variable
Minimum Credit Score
|Welcome offer||Earn 3 Free Night Awards (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening. Plus 10X total points on up to $2,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants within your first 6 months from your account opening.|
|Rewards||Up to 17x points at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and 2x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||15.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is Marriott’s mid-tier card with a few generous features you might not expect for the annual fee. For the $95 annual fee, you’ll earn 17x points on Marriott purchases, 2x points on everything else, a variety of Marriott perks and a signup bonus of 3 free night awards worth up to 50,000 points each after you spend $3,000 on your card in your first 3 months. As part of this welcome offer, you’ll also earn 10x points on up to $2,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants within your first 6 months from account opening.
Picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card grants you Silver Elite status for free, boosting the points you earn for staying at Marriott properties by 10% of the base rate. So really, you might look at this card as earning you almost 19x points on Marriott purchases rather than 17x points. Other benefits include a free night award every year on your card anniversary, priority late checkout, free Wi-Fi and more. All of these features more than make up for the $95 cost of the card.
If you often stay at hotels and resorts in the Marriott portfolio and you’re looking for a great entry point in the Marriott Bonvoy program, this card is an excellent first step.
How to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
Upon applying, you’ll typically get an instant decision on your application. If Chase requires additional information you’ll have to wait up to 30 days. Your card and any welcome materials should arrive within seven to 10 business days once you’re approved.
- Learn more about how to apply for Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card.
- Fill out the application form with all requested information, including your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Review your application and submit.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be a US citizen and at least 18 years old, 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Puerto Rico.
Also, you need to provide the following information:
- Your name, phone number and address
- Date of birth and Social Security number
- Annual income and source of income
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card benefits
- Reward points. Earn 17x points at more than 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. Everything else you buy earns 2x points. You can use these points in the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program on a variety of redemption options.
- Signup bonus. Earn 3 free night awards after you spend $3,000 on your card within your first 3 months of account opening. You’ll also earn 10x points on up to 2,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants within your first 6 months from your account opening.
- Free Night Award. Every year after your card anniversary, enjoy a free night award valid for properties worth up to 35,000 points for one stay. You can claim your first reward night 12 months after you open your account.
- Silver Elite status. Earn Silver Elite status just by being a cardmember. This gives you benefits like 10% more points on your stays, priority late checkout, free Wi-Fi and more. If you spend $35,000 in a year, you’ll upgrade to Gold Elite status and get all Silver benefits plus room upgrade when available, a welcome gift of points and more.
- No foreign transaction fee. Use the card freely when traveling abroad without paying any fees on foreign transactions.
- Visa concierge. Enjoy complimentary Visa Signature concierge service 24/7. Get help with tickets to sports and entertainment events, dinner reservations, picking out the perfect gift and more.
- High minimum credit line. Your credit line depends on multiple factors, but with this card, you won’t get a credit line lower than $5,000.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card drawbacks
- Annual fee. You’ll pay a $95 annual fee to own the card. But if you frequently stay at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, you can offset the annual fee many times over.
- Signup bonus eligibility. If you’ve held this card or the Marriott Rewards® Premier credit card in the last two years, you may not be eligible to get the new signup bonus.
- No intro APR period. The card doesn’t have a 0% intro APR period. If you’re looking to move your balance and consolidate your debt or make a large purchase and carry your balance interest-free, look for a 0% intro APR card.
Compare travel rewards credit cards
For a better idea of how the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card stacks up against the competition, select up to 4 cards and click Compare to see their features side-by-side.
How much rewards can I earn with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card?
Suppose you spend $10,000 annually on participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, and $10,000 on all other purchases with this card, you would earn 80,000 points. One point can be worth anywhere from 0.5 cents up to 1.1 cents depending on how you redeem it.
If you clear the signup bonus, that’s a value of up to 50,000 points. Combined with the 80,000 points, that’s 130,000 points in your first year: a value worth up to $1,300 on average.You can read more about all the ways to earn Marriott Bonvoy points on our full guide.
How do I redeem rewards from Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card?
With the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card you can earn Marriott Bonvoy points on your purchases to redeem for hotel stays at participating properties and gift cards. You can share your points or you can transfer them to airline miles in 3:1 ratio — meaning three Marriott points for one airline mile.
You can read more about the best way to redeem Marriott points on our full redemption guide.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card reviews and complaints.
Card members love the rewards offered by this card, especially the signup bonus and the annual bonus night. Some claim it’s the main reason they applied for the card.
As of December 2021, Chase credit card division is rated C+ by the Better Business Bureau, though Chase is not accredited by the bureau. Most complaints there revolve around poor customer service and high interest rates. Be sure to read over your credit card agreement and understand the terms to avoid surprises. If you’re stuck with a higher APR, paying off your balance each month will help you avoid getting hit with large interest charges.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card can be a solid choice to anyone who’s a frequent visitor at Marriott Bonvoy hotels. You earn points on your purchases and you get a free night award each year on your anniversary. This alone is enough to offset the annual fee.
However, if you find that this card is not for you, compare other travel credit cards to get the full scope of your options.
Compare Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card with other cards
How we determined the value of Marriott Bonvoy points
To determine the average value of a Marriott Bonvoy bonus point, we looked at the equivalent dollar value a redemption option would cost in the Marriott Bonvoy bonus program. We calculated this average across all redemption options available through Marriott Bonvoy to reach the approximate value you can expect when redeeming these points on average. In this case, the average value of a single Marriott Bonvoy bonus point came out to 0.9 cents per point.
Remember that your points could be worth more or less depending on what you redeem them on, so this figure should be used as a general guide.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.