Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Klarna review: Flexible payments for online shopping
Buy now and pay later with no-interest financing options.
Many online retailers offer payment through Klarna, a financing option that allows you to slice up your payments over time or wait up to 30 days to make your first payment. You may qualify for no-interest financing without fees or interest, as long as you fully repay your balance within six months.
How does Klarna work?
Klarna partners with retailers looking to offer simple third-party financing solutions. When you shop with a store that offers Klarna, you can select Klarna at checkout.
Depending on your credit history and the retailer’s promotions, you can qualify for 0.00%, 0.99%, 9.99 or 19.99% interest. Or you might qualify to dodge interest as long as you repay your account in full within six months.
Klarna offers two payment structures:
- Slice it. An open-ended line of credit that slices up your payments into installments that you pay over time.
- Pay later. An option to complete your order without paying. After your order ships, you receive an invoice with up to 30 days to pay the full amount.
Features of shopping with Klarna
- No annual fee. You’ll never pay a maintenance fee to use Klarna.
- Zero-interest options. If you qualify, you’ll enjoy zero-interest financing for your purchase.
- Autopay. Set up automatic minimum payments from your bank account to your Klarna account.
- Safe and secure. Klarna safeguards your personal information and enforces a zero-fraud protection policy. If you see an unauthorized purchase with your account, report the problem to Klarna and the company will make it right.
- Easy-to-use app. Manage your payments, report and manage returns and chat with customer service 24/7 from your smartphone.
- Payment reminders. Klarna gives you a nudge two days before each payment is due.
- Hassle-free refunds. Easily request a refund for your order and receive your money within 14 days.
How much does Klarna cost?
You pay no up front or annual fee to use Klarna. The only situations in which you’ll pay more than your total purchase price is if:
- You accept terms with an interest rate.
- You’re charged the $10 fee for a late payment.
Is Klarna safe?
Yes. Klarna’s buyer protection policy ensures that your goods arrive in the condition described at purchase. If you have a problem with your order, report it so Klarna can make it right.
Klarna stores and transmits your personal and financial details securely both online and off-. And its zero-fraud liability protects you from unauthorized or fraudulent purchases that end up on your account.
How to sign up for Klarna
You must be at least 18 years old and shop with a retailer that offers Klarna to sign up for an account.
If your purchase is eligible, you’ll see Klarna listed as a payment option at checkout. Click Klarna and complete the short application on the next page. You’ll know instantly if you’re approved for financing.
To use Klarna’s app, create an account online with your email or download the app on your mobile device.
Have more questions about Klarna?
More guides on Finder
Copper Banking review
This digital checking account teaches your teen healthy money habits through interactive quizzes and an intuitive mobile app.
Best holiday loans for bad credit
Compare 6 lenders offering loans that you can qualify for with a credit score under 580.
Preparing for retirement? This financial planning platform may be able to lend a hand.
Nationwide Advantage checking review
The Nationwide Advantage checking account offers a decent APY and no fees.
Tree removal financing with credit cards
If you need to remove a tree from your property, consider paying with plastic.
A virtual platform that simulates a bank account to help kids learn how to manage their personal finances.
How to shop safely and securely online
Here’s what you need to know when it comes to safe online shopping – from picking secure websites to avoiding possible ripoffs.
How much disability insurance do I need?
You won’t be able to replace all of your income with disability insurance, but you can buy enough to cover your biggest monthly bills.
Doggo pet insurance review Oct 2020
With round-the-clock support, customer experience and policy perks are this company’s claim to fame.
Investing in corporate bonds
Types of corporate bonds and how to invest.
Ask an Expert