Huntington Business Checking 100 review
For small Midwestern businesses that require fewer transactions.
finder.com’s rating: 3.3 / 5.0
The Huntington Bank Business Checking 100 account is best for startups, sole proprietorships or small businesses. The account offers no monthly maintenance fees and minimum balance requirements. But businesses located outside the seven Midwestern states it serves, or that require more than 100 monthly transactions will want to look elsewhere.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Heather Petty is a writer at Finder specializing in banking, investments and insurance. She's a self-proclaimed word nerd who worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. Heather earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Nevada, Reno.
The Huntington Business Checking 100 account is best for Midwestern small businesses looking to take advantage of the suite of business tools Huntington offers without all the fees associated with larger accounts. It offers no monthly maintenance fees and minimum balance requirements.
But as your cash intake and transaction rates grow, you may face a fee if you surpass the 100 monthly transaction limit.
How do I open a Huntington Business Checking 100 account?
To open an account, you’ll need to:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Contact your local branch to learn the requirements for your state.
- Gather all appropriate documents.
- Contact an account representative to open your account.
To apply for the Huntington Business Checking 100 account, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located in one of Huntington’s service areas
The information you need to open your account depends on the type of business you’re running and the state requirements in your area. General requirements include:
- Valid personal identification for each partner, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Social Security number or Employer Identification Number
- Legal document identifying the structure and name of the business
- One or more authorized representatives present at the time the account is opened
What are the benefits of a Huntington Business Checking 100 account?
The Huntington Business Checking 100 account offers free email and text alerts and general business services such as deposit scans and payroll. Additional perks include:
- No monthly fees. You won’t pay a monthly fee to maintain the account.
- 120-day service trial. Get free access to the Huntington antifraud tool, Reverse Positive Pay.
- Digital business tools. Use the Hub to access your spending trends, cash position, cash flow forecasts and more. Sole Proprietor account holders will have access to this app in 2020.
- Overdraft protection. Huntington provides 24-hour overdraft relief that will give you more time to make a deposit and avoid an overdraft fee. But return fees don’t apply.
What should I look out for?
Some things to keep in mind before applying for a Business Checking 100 account, include:
- Limited to the Midwest. Huntington only serves customers in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Limited transactions. You’ll pay 50 cents for every transaction you make after your free 100 monthly transactions.
- Limited deposits. You’ll pay 30 cents for every $100 deposited after your $5,000 monthly deposit limit.
If you want a business account with unlimited monthly transactions, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when choosing a business checking account.
Huntington Business Checking 100 ATM network and fees
Use your Huntington debit business card at over 1,800 free ATMs across the seven states it services. You also won’t pay a fee on ATM transactions for accounts opened in Florida.
You’ll pay an ATM fee in the following cases:
- You’ll pay $2 on any non-Huntington ATM transactions in addition to any ATM owner fees.
- You’ll pay $2 for each Huntington extended statement.
- You’ll pay 3% on international debit and ATM transactions.
Compare with other business checking accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
Keeping in mind the transaction limits on this account, there are several ways to make deposits and withdraw money:
- Mobile check deposit
- By debit or credit card at point of sale using Huntington Merchant Services
- By cash or check at an ATM
- In person at a branch
- By electronic ACH transfer
- By wire transfer
- At an ATM
- Mobile and online bill pay
- By check
- Mobile and online wire transfer application
- Online payroll application
- In person at a branch
- By electronic ACH transfer
What other business checking options does Huntington offer?
In addition to the Business Checking 100 account, Huntington offers the following checking options:
- Unlimited Business Checking. An account for larger businesses that includes unlimited transactions and the choice of one bonus feature.
- Unlimited Plus Business Checking. An interest-bearing account that includes unlimited transactions and the choice of two bonus features.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.