How do I open a Huntington Business Checking 100 account?
To open an account, you’ll need to:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Contact your local branch to learn the requirements for your state.
- Gather all appropriate documents.
- Contact an account representative to open your account.
To apply for the Huntington Business Checking 100 account, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located in one of Huntington’s service areas
The information you need to open your account depends on the type of business you’re running and the state requirements in your area. General requirements include:
- Valid personal identification for each partner, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Social Security number or Employer Identification Number
- Legal document identifying the structure and name of the business
- One or more authorized representatives present at the time the account is opened
What are the benefits of a Huntington Business Checking 100 account?
The Huntington Business Checking 100 account offers free email and text alerts and general business services such as deposit scans and payroll. Additional perks include:
- No monthly fees. You won’t pay a monthly fee to maintain the account.
- 120-day service trial. Get free access to the Huntington antifraud tool, Reverse Positive Pay.
- Digital business tools. Use the Hub to access your spending trends, cash position, cash flow forecasts and more. Sole Proprietor account holders will have access to this app in 2020.
- Overdraft protection. Huntington provides 24-hour overdraft relief that will give you more time to make a deposit and avoid an overdraft fee. But return fees don’t apply.
- $100 bonus offer. Get $100 when you open a new Huntington Business Checking 100 account by January 15, 2024. You must deposit at least $2,000 within 60 days and keep your account open for at least 90 days.
What should I look out for?
Some things to keep in mind before applying for a Business Checking 100 account, include:
- Limited footprint. Huntington only serves customers in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Limited transactions. You’ll pay 50 cents for every transaction you make after your free 100 monthly transactions.
- Limited deposits. You’ll pay 30 cents for every $100 deposited after your $5,000 monthly deposit limit.
If you want a business account with unlimited monthly transactions, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when choosing a business checking account.
Huntington Business Checking 100 ATM network and fees
Use your Huntington debit business card at over 1,800 free ATMs across the eleven states it services. You also won’t pay a fee on ATM transactions for accounts opened in Florida.
You’ll pay an ATM fee in the following cases:
- You’ll pay $3 on any non-Huntington ATM transactions in addition to any ATM owner fees.
- You’ll pay $2 for each Huntington extended statement.
- You’ll pay 3% on international debit and ATM transactions.
Compare with other business checking accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
Keeping in mind the transaction limits on this account, there are several ways to make deposits and withdraw money:
- Mobile check deposit
- By debit or credit card at point of sale using Huntington Merchant Services
- By cash or check at an ATM
- In person at a branch
- By electronic ACH transfer
- By wire transfer
- At an ATM
- Mobile and online bill pay
- By check
- Mobile and online wire transfer application
- Online payroll application
- In person at a branch
- By electronic ACH transfer
What other business checking options does Huntington offer?
In addition to the Business Checking 100 account, Huntington offers the following checking options:
- Unlimited Business Checking. An account for larger businesses that includes unlimited transactions and the choice of one bonus feature.
- Unlimited Plus Business Checking. An interest-bearing account that includes unlimited transactions and the choice of two bonus features.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Does Huntington offer business savings accounts?
Yes. Visit the Business Savings Account page to see the savings and money market account options.
How do I make a payment to my business credit card?
You must have an online account to make a payment. Once your account is active, you can optionally set up a recurring payment using the Schedule Auto-Pay feature.
How do I close my account?
You must contact your account representative to close your account.
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.
Read the full methodology of how we rate checking accounts.