Epic insurance review
Manage business risks from coverage to consulting, or protect your high net worth.
- Apply if you run a business or have a high net worth.
- Pick something else if you value a streamlined claims process.
- Many businesses can get industry-specific policies.
Depends on provider
New car protection
|States served||Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
No info available
No info available
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Depends on provider
- Wellrounded consulting and coverage
- Employee benefits and payroll management
- Specialized industry programs
- Coverage for high-net-worth clients
- No customer service or claims number
- Few reviews
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Paid in full discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
Sarah George is an insurance writer at Finder who’s penned over 400 articles, unraveling complicated topics about car, home and life insurance. Her insurance know-how has been featured in online publications, including Breeze, CBS, CNET and Reviews.com, as well as Finder’s YouTube channel. Sarah is working to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).
Epic helps companies get the coverage and risk consulting they need, and it can even assist with employee payroll and benefits. However, the company has no dedicated claims number, which raises questions about communication after business losses.
What types of insurance does Epic offer?
EPIC makes sure your business assets and daily operations get broad coverage for:
- Auto liability and fleet management
- Boiler and machinery
- Builders’ risk
- Captives and self-insurance
- Cyber security and liability
- Directors and officers liability and corporate governance risk
- Employee benefits
- Errors and omissions
- Fine art and collectibles
- General liability
- International risk
- Marine and aviation
- Owner-controlled insurance programs
- Product liability and clinical trials
- Professional liability
- Surety bonds
- Trade credit
- Transit and cargo
- Umbrella and excess liability
- Workers compensation
What other benefits and services does Epic offer?
- Employee health and wellness
- HR, benefits and payroll administration
- Industry-specific programs. Epic works with a variety of industries, but it has specific programs for managing and protecting risks for certain industries. Those include auto dealers, equipment rentals, golf clubs, pest control, pizza delivery businesses, waste management and wine companies.
- International services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private client services including estate planning, wealth management, retirement and wealth transfer
- Risk analytics, control and consulting
Which insurers does Epic work with?
The company serves customers alongside several companies that are considered divisions of Epic. Those include:
- Epic Specialty Programs & Investments
- Frenkel & Company International Insurance Brokers
- Frost Specialty, Inc.
- Greyling Insurance Brokerage
- Iron Cove Insurance & Risk Management
- Jerry Parks Insurance Group
- Lemme Insurance Brokers & Consultants
- PowerGuard Specialty Insurance Services
- The Capacity Group
- TMC Group of Companies Insurance & Financial Services
Epic reviews and complaints
Epic doesn’t have many customer reviews online, although it does have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The only review filed with the BBB complained about false information when insuring an event that was cancelled.
One business praised the company on Yelp for its helpful service in finding the right coverage. Yet another person reporting on Yelp had unreturned phone calls and denied coverage after filing for damage. Because the company has so few reviews, it’s hard to make a final decision on its customer service.
Pros and cons of Epic
- Wellrounded consulting and coverage. Epic’s offerings can meet your needs for analyzing risk, developing a protection plan and insuring your business.
- Employee benefits and payroll management. Outsource administrative work so you can focus on the most important business.
- Specialized industry programs. Epic is experienced in helping certain industries like auto dealers and equipment rentals develop a specialized coverage and risk plan.
- Coverage for high-net-worth clients. Private clients can find guidance to protect their wealth.
- No general customer service number. You’ll need to call a local office or fill out a contact form to get the information you need.
- No dedicated claims contact. Contacting the company for claims may not be as streamlined as competitors.
- Few reviews. More reviews would add insight for Epic’s customer service, but businesses might neglect committing to do so.
Alternatives to Epic
How do I contact Epic?
You can reach Epic through a local office or by email if you have general questions.
- Email. Fill in the question form on the company’s contact page.
- Local office. Find the phone number for the office near you from Epic’s locations page.
Since other companies might better fit your coverage needs, compare quotes from several commercial insurers to make the best decision.