Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Best Simmons Bank credit cards
Enjoy APRs as low as 8.25% variable and no annual fee.
Best Simmons Bank credit cards
Simmons Bank cards have a wide variety of primary benefits. Even though its selection is limited, you may be able to find a credit card that fits your financial needs.
Best for low APR
Min. credit score
- Annual fee: None.
- Low ongoing APR. Your purchase and balance transfer APR will be 8.25% variable. That is substantially lower than the average credit card APR of around 16% variable. You dont need to worry about a range of possible APRs, either.
- Intro APR. You will get a 0% intro APR the first 12 months of account opening on balance transfers you complete within the first 60 days, then 8.25% variable.
- No balance transfer fees after the intro APR period. After your intro APR expires, you won't pay balance transfer fees. This could make the card a good choice if you want to make a transfer and pay off the balance over a long period of time.
|Purchase APR||8.25% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 8.25% variable)|
Best for low APR with rewards
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
Min. credit score
- Annual fee: None.
- Low ongoing APR. Your purchase and balance transfer APR will be 10.25% variable. It is not as low as the Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® interest rate, but it is still lower than the average credit card APR.
- Intro APR. Get a 0% intro APR for the first 12 months after account opening on balance transfers you complete within the first 60 days. After this intro rate expires, your APR will be 10.25% variable.
- No balance transfer fees after intro APR period. After your intro APR expires, you won't pay balance transfer fees. This may be another good reason to make a balance transfer.
- Rewards: 1.25x points on all purchases. This may be a little lower than you'd like. A 1.5% rewards rate is common among competitors.
|Purchase APR||10.25% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 10.25% variable)|
|Rewards||1.25x points on all purchases.|
How we selected our best cards
At the time of this writing, Simmons Bank offered two credit cards. We examined these cards and classified them as best for specific categories — low APR and low APR with rewards. The Simmons Visa® offers the lowest APR; however, the Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® offers the additional benefit of rewards.
What’s changed in 2020
Simmons Bank added balance transfer intro APRs to both cards, making these products even better this year.
Compare Simmons Bank credit cards
How to apply for a Simmons Bank card
Follow these steps to apply for a Simmons Bank card:
- Visit the Simmons Bank website and navigate to the credit cards page.
- Click Apply online under the card you choose.
- Accept Simmons Bank’s terms and conditions. Then complete the application form with details like your contact information, Social Security number, address, drivers license number, employment information and financial information.
- Review your details and submit your application.
To apply for a Simmons Bank card, you must be at least 18 years old. If you’re under 21, you may need to meet additional requirements.
According to customer reports, Simmons Bank has fairly conservative approval requirements. This makes sense, as it offers low interest rates that typically only the most creditworthy applicants qualify for. Before applying for a card from the issuer, consider applying for very few cards the year prior and keeping your credit utilization low.
How many Simmons Bank cards can I have?
According to a Simmons Bank representative we spoke to, you can have both of the issuer’s cards. If you’d like, you can even apply for both on the same day — but consider doing so only with stellar credit.
Types of Simmons Bank cards
Simmons Bank offers two cards at this time, but some varying features can help you choose between them. Both cards fall into at least three major categories: no annual fee, low APR and balance transfer. You’ll find these features:
- No annual fees.
- Low ongoing purchase and balance transfer APRs.
- Intro APR on balance transfers.
- Car rental insurance.
- $1 million of travel accident insurance.
|Pick the Simmons Visa® if…||Pick the Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® if…|
Typical card features and benefits of a Simmons Bank card
- No annual fee. Neither Simmons Bank card has annual fees.
- No balance transfer fees. Most providers charge balance transfer fees, which will make you think twice before moving balances. Simmons Bank provides this extra incentive to transfer your balances.
- Low APR. Credit card APRs seem to inch upward all the time. It’s nice to find cards with reasonable APRs in a sea of steep interest rates.
Simmons Bank rewards program
If you have the Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®, you’ll earn flat-rate rewards on every purchase. Redeem points for travel, merchandise or gift cards.
How can I redeem points?
To redeem points, visit the Simmons Bank Rewards website and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, register for one with your credit card number.
How much are points worth?
Points are typically worth one cent each, which is the industry standard. For example, a $25 Amazon gift card costs 2,500 points. Points may be worth less than that rate, especially if you redeem them for merchandise.
How does Simmons Bank keep my credit card information secure?
Like other providers, Simmons Bank implements security measures to comply with federal law. If it shares your information with third parties, you may opt out.
The bank uses Transport Layer Security (TSL) to verify its web identity and protect user information. It encrypts data transmitted over its website so the information is unreadable by unauthorized third parties.
Full list of Simmons Bank credit cards
Look into a Simmons Bank card if you want a low purchase and balance transfer APR. Most providers impose higher interest rates, so you’re likely to find this a refreshing contrast. As a bonus, you won’t pay balance transfer fees — ever.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
3 true credit card horror stories and advice on how to survive
Three real people share their real experiences and credit card horror stories of 2020.
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Best holiday loans for bad credit
Compare 6 lenders offering loans that you can qualify for with a credit score under 580.
You can soon borrow up to $500 from your Bank of America account
The Balance Assist loan, set to launch in January 2021, offers loans from $100 to $500 for a flat $5 fee.
Use your loan balance immediately with the new LendFi Visa Card
Get near-instant access to LendFi loan funds, plus earn 4% cashback on all purchases with the LendFi Visa Card.
Tree removal financing with credit cards
If you need to remove a tree from your property, consider paying with plastic.
Best credit cards for young professionals
Earn rewards on travel, dining, public transportation and other categories you spend the most in.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card review
Earn rewards on your Wyndham purchases and get Wyndham benefits with elite status.
Bellwether Smart Rewards Card review
Earn flat 1.5x points on everything you buy or save money with a balance transfer.
Ask an Expert