Find everything from no-annual-fee cards to rewards cards with generous signup bonuses and 0% introductory APR.
Types of credit cards to compare from HSBC
HSBC offers a range of credit cards with features like 0% introductory APRs to cash back programs and no annual fees.
They also offer a line of premium credit cards with its Premier World Mastercard and Premier World Elite Mastercard leading the pack. These cards boast rewards, signup bonuses, no foreign transaction fees and complimentary airport lounge membership worldwide.
A card with no annual fees can be especially attractive if you’re looking to minimize the costs of your credit card or use the card only for emergencies.
If you’re interested in a credit card without annual fees, you’re in luck — six out of seven of its credit cards have no annual fees, including:
- Cash Rewards
- Enhanced Mastercards
HSBC’s Premier World Elite card charges a hefty $395 fee.
Platinum and rewards credit cards
HSBC’s Platinum Mastercard with Rewards and Advance Mastercard offer generous signup bonuses and 0% introductory APR. Both offer competitive APRs after the introductory period and no foreign transaction fee for purchases abroad. You’ll also enjoy travel benefits like the MasterAssist pre-trip planning and RoadAssist service.
The Advanced Mastercard offers a bit more when it comes to points and rewards. It’s signup bonus is 25,000 points after spending $1,500 in the first three months. You’ll earn 2x points on spending in dining and entertainment.
Compare that to the Platinum that offers 15,000 points after spending $500 in the first three months and 1x for all purchases. You’ll also get travel and shopping benefits.
Premium credit cards
Both of HSBC’s premium cards, the HSBC Premier World Mastercard and the Premier World Elite Mastercard, have much to offer.
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard comes with 2x travel reward points on purchases, travel insurance and a complimentary ShopRunner membership.
The HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard offers 3x travel reward points on purchases, World Elite Concierge Service and hotel discounts with HSBC partners.
Corporate credit cards
Corporate credit cards are designed to help businesses manage their flux of capital and take advantage of opportunities to grow their business.
The HSBC Mastercard Business Card comes branded with your company name and offers rewards program points and year-end summary reports. With only one administrator, it’s easier to keep track of multiple accounts and cards.
The benefits of banking with HSBC
- No annual fees. While not every HSBC credit card comes with this feature, most of its credit cards do.
- No foreign transaction fees. Travel anywhere without paying foreign exchange fees when you use your card.
- Contactless payments. All HSBC cards are equipped with RFID chips for contactless tap-and-go payment. This means no swiping, signing or entering passwords.
- Mobile purchasing power. Make purchases with your mobile device using Android, Apple and Samsung Pay.
- Travel rewards points. Earn HSBC rewards points toward eligible flights, hotel reservations and car rentals.
Which HSBC credit card is best for me?
Credit score requirements
Cards offered by HSBC require good to excellent credit to be eligible.HSBC Gold Mastercard® credit card requires a credit score of at least 700.
The HSBC Advance Mastercard, HSBC Premier World Mastercard and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard require credit scores of at least 750.
What do I need for an HSBC credit card application
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, Social Security number, current home address and your previous address if you’ve lived in your current home for less than three years.
- Residential status. To apply for an HSBC credit card, you must be a US resident.
- Employer’s details. You’ll need to disclose your employment information, including the name and address of your employer.
- Financial information. HSBC requires information about your annual income, monthly housing payment and any additional assets you declare.