Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
Barclaycard offers great travel products and an excellent cashback card.
Unlike other providers, Barclaycard focuses its cards mostly on one niche: travel. There are many options to choose from, from general travel cards to cobranded cards.
What's in this guide?
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
Barclaycard offers over 20 products and you may like its partnerships offerings if you’re a loyal customer of companies like JetBlue or Princess Cruises. Otherwise, you might find one of the following cards to be more useful for a variety of spending.
Full list of Barclaycard credit cards
How to apply for a Barclaycard card
Apply for a Barclaycard credit card through its site. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and prepare the required information.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a resident of the US, but excluding Puerto Rico and US territories.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Barclaycard keep my credit card information secure?
Barclaycard encrypts personal information you send online with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS). It’ll log you out automatically if your web session experiences a period of inactivity.
The bank offers 24/7 fraud monitoring. You won’t be liable for unauthorized charges to your card. And, for extra security, you can sign up for Fraud Text Alerts. If Barclaycard spots an unusual transaction on your card account, it’ll let you know through a text message.
Most Barclaycard cards come with chip technology, which makes them more secure than magnetic-stripe cards. Additionally, many of the cards come with chip-and-PIN capability. That means you can use your card at most unmanned kiosks and PIN-only merchants.
Barclaycard rewards program
For its reward cards, Barclaycard offers either miles or cash back.
You’ll receive your cash back in the form of points that you can spend on rewards that include:
- Statement credit.
- Bank deposit.
- Gift cards.
If your card gives miles, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards, including:
- Travel statement credits.
- Cash back.
- Gift cards.
How can you redeem rewards?
To redeem rewards, log in to your Barclaycard account and click on the Rewards tab.
How much are rewards worth?
Barclaycard miles are worth the industry standard of 1 mile = 1 cent. You’re more likely to get this rate if you redeem for travel statement credit. If you redeem for other rewards — such as gift cards — your miles might be worth less than the standard rate.
Typical card features and benefits of a Barclaycard card
- Rewards. Almost every Barclaycard product is a rewards card. This is one reason the provider typically looks for customers with strong credit.
- No annual fee. Many Barclaycard products have no annual fee.
- Ongoing APR between 16% and 26% variable. With strong credit, you may qualify for an ongoing APR near the bottom of this range. With weaker credit, you may get a relatively high APR around 26%. There are also a variety of Barclaycards with intro APR periods.
- No foreign transaction fees. Barclaycard offers several travel cards with no foreign transaction fees. These products are excellent to bring when you travel abroad.
- Signup bonus. You’ll usually find a signup bonus with each card. For the best bonuses, look at Barclaycard’s general travel cards.
- Mobile app. You can download the bank’s mobile app to monitor your account, make payments and more.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
A Barclaycard product can be the perfect choice if you’re looking for a strong travel card. You’ll also find products that reward you if you’re loyal to certain companies, including a few cobranded Barclays business cards.
If you’re not sure whether a Barclaycard product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Citi credit cards for bad or fair credit Find a Citi credit card for bad or fair credit.
Are credit card fees tax deductible? Some credit card fees are tax-deductible.
Is credit card interest tax deductible? Interest accrued on some credit card expenses is tax-deductible.
Can I add my USAA credit card to Apple Pay? Pay with your Apple device at participating locations.
Cabela’s Club Mastercard review Earn accelerated rewards on hunting, fishing and camping purchases at select locations.
American Express ‘Pay It Plan It’: How does it work? You can pay off your purchases in two ways.
Best credit cards for couples Earn accelerated rewards on categories such as gas, dining, groceries and travel.
Navy Federal Platinum Credit Card review A no-annual-fee credit card with one of the lowest interest rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Statement credit: What it is and how to get it Use it for reward redemptions and reimbursement for eligible purchases.
Amex Trifecta: the optimal combination of American Express cards Combine three Amex cards to earn maximum rewards on your purchases.
Ask an Expert