Barclaycard credit cards offer generous points including frequent flyer rewards, balance transfer promotions and low interest rates.
Barclaycard is a strong contender if you want to be rewarded consistently for your spending. You’ll find cards that offer rewards for world-class brands like Carnival, Apple, JetBlue and the NFL. These cards also offer top-notch points structures, balance transfer promotions and low or no annual fees.
Take a look at the credit cards Barclaycard offers to find one that suits you best.
Barclaycards are best for:
- Cashback. Get points and cash back for everyday spending.
- Travelers. Pick a card for extra rewards for your favorite hotel, airline, cruise line and more.
- Low rates. These cards share low fees and low rates, perfect for balance transfers.
Which Barclaycard is best for me?
Types of Barclaycard credit cards
As with many banks, you have multiple Barclaycard credit cards to choose from. For each card, consider the interest rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. Barclaycard partners with global entertainment brands to offer generous rewards cards — whether you love football, going on cruises or staying in hotels.
Low-rate credit cards
The interest rates for most Barclaycard credit cards vary based on your credit, starting at 15% to 16% up to 20% to 25%. For a card with a relatively low APR, consider the JetBlue Card with a low 12.24% interest rate plus travel perks for JetBlue frequent flyers. The RCI Elite Rewards Mastercard offers 0% APR for the first six billing cycles, and CashForward World Mastercard for 15 months, though it does come with a fee for balance transfers.
Frequent flyer credit cards
Earn more points for traveling with your favorite airline and get perks like lounge access, discounts and preferred seating. Take a look at the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard, Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, JetBlue Card and Lufthansa Miles & More World Elite Mastercard. For mile rewards, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard offers 40,000 bonus miles if you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days plus double miles on all purchases. Unlike other frequent flyer cards with high annual fees, Barclaycard’s are often under $100.
Hotel & cruise rewards credit cards
Barclaycard’s hotel and cruise rewards credit cards help you rack up points for staying at your favorite hotel or cruise line. Options include the Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card, Diamond Resorts International Mastercard, RCI Elite Rewards Mastercard and Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. For cruises, choose from the Carnival World Mastercard, Holland America Line Rewards Visa Card, or Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card. Each card comes with $0 annual fees, and you’ll receive more points when you use your card at the respective chains.
Cashback, travel, & brand rewards credit cards
The Uber Visa Card gives you 4% points back on dining, 3% on travel, 2% on Uber rides and online shopping and 1% on other purchases, which you can redeem for cash, gift cards or Uber credits. Looking for a rewards card with extra perks for your favorite brand? The Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards offers financing and rewards for Apple products, and the NFL Extra Points Card does the same for football-related purchases. The Priceline Rewards Visa Card gives you 5x points on Priceline.com purchases.
The benefits of banking with Barclaycard
- Low-fee credit cards. Many Barclaycard credit cards have no annual fees. The Barclaycard suite is typically uniform on transaction fees: the greater of $5 or 3% of the transaction amount for balance transfers; the greater of $10 or 5% of the transaction amount for cash advances, and 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars for foreign transactions. For a card with no foreign transaction or annual fees, take a look at the Holland America Line Rewards Visa Card.
- Balance transfers. All Barclaycard credit cards offer balance transfers. If this is an important feature to you, look closely at cards that offer a 0% intro APR for balance transfers. With many Barclaycard cards, you’ll enjoy interest-free balance transfers made within 45 days of opening your account.
- Rewards for spending. All cards in the Barclaycard suite come with rewards based on your spending. Many offer introductory points bonuses when you hit initial spending targets; after, you’ll continue to earn points on everyday purchases. Rewards have no earning limit or rate changes and don’t expire unless you stop using your card.
- Free access to financial tools. All Barclaycard members can view their FICO credit scores for free, receive educational material on financial security and use Barclaycard’s tools to manage spending.
- $0 fraud liability protection. Barclaycard’s $0 fraud liability protection absolves you of responsibility for unauthorized purchases made with your card.
- Mastercard and Visa. Barclaycard offers a range of cards accepted widely around the world. Not only can you receive rewards from Barclaycard’s partnerships you can also enjoy benefits from Mastercard and Visa, such as concierge services and travel benefits.
Barclays, the distributor of the Barclaycard, has received numerous awards, which include:
- Euromoney’s 2017 Best Investment Bank in the UK
- HealthInvestor’s 2016 Bank of the Year
- EducationInvestor’s 2016 Lender of the Year
How to apply for a Barclaycard credit card
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for a Barclaycard credit card, click “Go to Site” next to any of the cards listed on this page. As with most credit cards, there are eligibility requirements. You may need to meet a minimum level of income depending on which card you wish to apply for. Because many Barclaycard credit cards offer generous rewards, you may need good to excellent credit to qualify.
Information you’ll need for your Barclaycard credit card application
When applying for a Barclaycard credit card, you’ll need:
- Your driver’s license and Social Security number.
- Your personal contact information, such as your residential address, phone number and email address.
- Your financial details, including employment information and annual income.
Am I eligible?
- With great credit comes great rewards. You’ll need a higher credit score to get approved for the best Barclaycards credit cards.
- You must be at least 18 years or older to apply for a credit card.
- You must be a US citizen or legal resident.
- Barclaycard credit cards are not available to residents of Iowa. Barclays doesn’t meet the late fee caps set by the Iowa Consumer Credit Code.
What’s my likelihood of being approved?
Barclaycards is considered a conservative lender with strict requirements. For the best chances of being approved, make sure you have good or excellent credit, haven’t had your score pulled recently and don’t have any red flags on your credit report. Red flags could include applying for another card recently or missing a credit card payment.
If you already have a Barclaycard, you might not be approved for another unless you’re using your old card enough to meet Barclay Bank’s standards. To be safe, wait 6 months before applying for another credit card.
What to watch out for
- Understand rewards. Make sure you understand how to get and redeem points and rewards. Miles or points are no good if you lose them from inactivity or don’t know how to redeem them.
- Annual fees. Most Barclays credit cards have $0 annual fees. Some cards have a fee after the first year, and you may be able to call to remove the annual fee after it appears on your statement.
- Inconsistent support. Many customers report issues with customer service and confusing fees or credit limit changes.
Who is Barclays Bank?
Barclays Bank, the parent company of Barclaycard, has a storied pedigree with origins in 1690 London. The UK’s first credit card, Barclaycard was created in 1966.
Backed by a rock-solid financial institution and energized by partnerships with global entertainment brands, Barclaycard offers reliable credit and generous rewards to all cardholders.
How can I get credit card account support?
Get 24/7 customer support by calling 1-866-928-8598 toll-free or using their site or mobile app for help. Average phone wait times are 14 minutes, but they do offer callback options.
What do customers say about Barclaycards?
Compared to other credit cards, many finance and travel sites promote Barclaycard credit cards as great options for rewards cards. Top picks include the CashForward World Mastercard for excellent cashback rewards plus 0% APR for the first 15 months, and the Arrival Plus World Elite with its high mileage earn rates, perfect for travel hacking.
Barclaycard has a Trustpilot score of 2.4 out of 10 and ConsumerAffairs score of 1 out of 5. Most complaints cite poor communication, unexpected transaction holds and charges and collections issues. Customers report having trouble getting clear answers to questions and concerns. To avoid surprise fees, keep a close eye on your account and make sure you understand your card’s terms completely.