Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
These cards are great for those who often travel.
Unlike other providers, Barclaycard focuses its cards mostly on one niche: travel. There are many options to choose from, from general travel cards to cobranded cards.
What's in this guide?
Best Barclaycard credit cards
Quick look at the best medical credit cards
Best for NFL fans
NFL Extra Points Credit Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
- Reward points. Earn 2x points on NFL tickets, in stadium purchases, NFLShop.com purchases and at team pro shops. Earn 1x points on all other purchases. Redeem for game tickets or experiences like pre-game sideline passes or tickets to the Super Bowl.
- Discount at NFLShop.com. Get 20% discounts on purchases made at NFLShop.com. That's $20 saved on every $100 spent at the site.
- Intro APR period on NFL tickets. Get 0% intro APR period for six months on NFL ticket purchases from a participating NFL team ticket office. After that, a variable APR of 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% applies.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first six billing cycles (then 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 15 months (then 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||10,000 points after spending $500 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||2x points on qualifying NFL purchases and 1x points on everything else|
Best for hotel stays value
Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
- Reward points. Earn 15x points at eligible Choice Hotels and 2x points on all other purchases.
- Signup bonus. Earn 32,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of card membership. This is enough for up to four free nights at select Choice hotels.
- No annual fee. You get to use this card and earn rewards without paying an annual fee.
|Purchase APR||15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first fifteen billing cycles (then 15.24%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||32,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||15x points at Choice Privileges with membership, 5x points on Choice Privileges points or gift cards and 2x points on all other purchases|
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
Barclaycard offers over 20 products and you may like its partnerships offerings if you’re a loyal customer of companies like JetBlue or Princess Cruises. Otherwise, you might find one of the following cards to be more useful for a variety of spending.
Full list of Barclaycard credit cards
Types of Barclaycard credit cards
Balance transfer cards
Most Barclaycard credit cards offer a long 0% intro APR period on balance transfers. You’ll be surprised to learn that most of these cards are also cobranded airline, hotel or cruise line credit cards. Most other providers don’t offer an intro APR period for its travel card selection.
- Long intro APR period. With most of these cards, you get 15 months of 0% intro APR period on balance transfers. After the intro period expires, a variable APR of 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% applies.
- Time limit. You must make your balance transfer within your first 45 days to use the intro APR period. Transfers made after that will accrue the standard APR.
- No annual fee. Most of these cards have no annual fee. Cards with a fee usually cost between $75 and $99.
- Transfer limits. You can’t transfer debt from other Barclaycard accounts.
- Balance transfer fees. No matter which card you choose, you’ll pay a 3% fee of the amount you transfer.
With almost 20 credit card options, Barclaycard has one of the largest selection of travel cards you can find. But unlike other card providers such as Chase or American Express, where you can find general travel cards, Barclaycard’s selection is mostly made up of cobranded airline, hotel and cruise line credit cards.
- No foreign transaction fees. Most of these cards come with no foreign transaction fees, but be sure to check before you apply. Some cards even though made for travel, have a 3% fee for each transaction made abroad.
- Travel insurance. Most credit cards come with complimentary Barclaycard travel insurance, which includes car rental insurance, travel accident insurance, trip cancelation and interruption insurance and trip delay insurance. Not all cards offer the entire suite of travel insurance features, so make sure you compare all cards to find the right one.
- Signup bonus. Depending on the card, you get to earn some solid signup bonuses. If the card you choose has an annual fee, it’ll often come with a more generous bonus.
- Rewards on purchases. Since these cards are cobranded cards, you get to earn accelerated rewards on purchases made at one brand of hotel, airline or a cruise line. However, most of these cards let you earn or redeem points at partners.
- No annual fee. Most of these cards have no annual fee. Cards with a fee generally cost between $75 and $99 and come with more generous rewards and perks.
- Additional perks. Depending on the card, you may get perks like elite status or discounts on purchases made at the airline, hotel or cruise line.
No annual fee cards
Barclaycard offers mostly travel credit cards, but there are other types of cards you can get without paying an annual fee.
- Cashback card. There’s one cashback card, but unless you redeem your rewards into your college savings account, the rewards rate is meager compared to other cashback cards by other providers.
- NFL fans card This one is a solid option for NFL fans where not only do you get to earn accelerated points on your NFL purchases, you also get discounts and deferred interest payment options as well.
- Apple financing card. If you’re looking to buy a new iPhone or iPad, Barclaycard has the right card for you. You won’t earn any rewards, but you get to make the purchase now and pay it off without interest during a promotional period of between 6 and 18 months.
Business credit cards
You’ll find three business credit cards offered by Barclaycard. All three are airline credit cards. Here’s what they offer:
- Earn airline miles. All three cards come with a solid rewards program where you earn accelerated miles on airline purchases.
- Signup bonus. These three cards come with a generous signup bonus, which you can earn after meeting the spend requirements.
- Annual fee. Unlike most personal Barclaycard credit cards that come with no annual fee, expect to pay between $95 and $99 annually for each of the three business credit cards.
How to apply for a Barclaycard card
Apply for a Barclaycard credit card through its site. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and prepare the required information.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a resident of the US, but excluding Puerto Rico and US territories.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
Barclaycard has one application restriction: You can’t have two cards of the same type. For example, you can have only one JetBlue card or one Wyndham Rewards card. Make sure you choose the one card that makes the most sense for your situation.
How many Barclaycard cards can I have?
Barclaycard doesn’t limit the number of credit cards you can have, unlike some other providers. You can have as many Barclaycard cards as you can get an approval for.
How can you redeem rewards?
Typical card features and benefits of a Barclaycard card
- Rewards. Almost every Barclaycard product is a rewards card. This is one reason the provider typically looks for customers with strong credit.
- No annual fee. Many Barclaycard products have no annual fee.
- Ongoing APR between 16% and 26% variable. With strong credit, you may qualify for an ongoing APR near the bottom of this range. With weaker credit, you may get a relatively high APR around 26%. There is also a variety of Barclaycards with intro APR periods.
- No foreign transaction fees. Barclaycard offers several travel cards with no foreign transaction fees. These products are excellent to bring when you travel abroad.
- Signup bonus. You’ll usually find a signup bonus with each card. For the best bonuses, look at Barclaycard’s general travel cards.
- Mobile app. You can download the bank’s mobile app to monitor your account, make payments and more.
To redeem rewards, log in to your Barclaycard account and click on the Rewards tab.
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
How does Barclaycard keep my credit card information secure?
Barclaycard encrypts personal information you send online with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS). It’ll log you out automatically if your web session experiences a period of inactivity.
The bank offers 24/7 fraud monitoring. You won’t be liable for unauthorized charges to your card. And, for extra security, you can sign up for Fraud Text Alerts. If Barclaycard spots an unusual transaction on your card account, it’ll let you know through a text message.
Most Barclaycard cards come with chip technology, which makes them more secure than magnetic-stripe cards. Additionally, many of the cards come with chip-and-PIN capability. That means you can use your card at most unmanned kiosks and PIN-only merchants.
A Barclaycard product can be a great choice if you’re looking for a strong travel card. You’ll also find products that reward you if you’re loyal to certain companies, including a few cobranded Barclays business cards.
If you’re not sure whether a Barclaycard product is right for you, check out the best credit cards available to compare more options.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find hair clippers? Finder has set out to shave you a lot of trouble, finding which credit card concierge service can help you find hair clippers if you're in a tangle.
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find a kettlebell? If you're ready to grab life by the bells but don't have a pair, you might be able to find the kettlebells you've been searching for through your credit card concierge service. We put three credit cards to the test.
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find condoms? Which credit card concierge service can find condoms before that loving feeling is lost?
What does 0% APR mean? A 0% APR offer is a credit card perk that helps you save money on interest.
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find yeast? Which credit card concierge services can find yeast when you most knead it?
Coronavirus: How to manage your credit card Learn about coronavirus financial support options, complimentary insurance and other credit card details you may be wondering about.
Safeguarding your credit score from coronavirus Answers to questions about how Coronavirus-related events could affect your credit score and how to protect it.
Best Visa credit cards Earn rewards or get a 0% intro APR period with the best Visa credit cards.
BMW World Mastercard® review Earn modest rewards on BMW purchases with the BMW Card.
Credit card concierge services: Which can help you find toilet paper? Which credit card concierge services can find toilet paper in a pinch?
Ask an Expert