Barclaycard offers great travel products and an excellent cashback card.
Unlike other providers, Barclaycard focuses its cards mostly on one niche: travel. There are many options to choose from, from general travel cards to cobranded cards.
Compare Barclaycard credit cards
Barclaycard offers over 20 products and you may like its partnerships offerings if you’re a loyal customer of companies like JetBlue or Princess Cruises. Otherwise, you might find one of the following cards to be more useful for a variety of spending.
Best Barclaycard credit cards
Jump to …
Best for travel rewards: Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®
The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® has long been a top pick among travel cards. It maintains such distinction thanks to its strong rate of 2x miles on every purchase. If you don’t want to worry about tiered rewards, this Barclaycard product is for you.
The new Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard® is a close second, but it’s most valuable for big spenders. Before settling on a Barclaycard product, check out the provider’s cobranded cards from companies such as JetBlue, Hawaiian Airlines and Princess Cruises.
Best for cash back: Uber Visa Card
The Uber Visa Card is perfect for the social butterfly who’s tapped into current trends and always on the go. With its superb cash back, some might say it’s the ultimate lifestyle credit card. A annual fee is icing on the cake.
Best for low APR: Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®
The key reason to get the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® isn’t its solid-but-not-spectacular intro APR or balance transfer fee promotion. It’s the card’s relatively low ongoing APR, which is just 13.74% variable for all balances. That’s a pretty good rate considering the average credit card APR is around 16%.
Barclaycard rewards program
For its reward cards, Barclaycard offers either miles or cash back.
You’ll receive your cash back in the form of points that you can spend on rewards that include:
- Statement credit.
- Bank deposit.
- Gift cards.
If your card gives miles, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards, including:
- Travel statement credits.
- Cash back.
- Gift cards.
How can you redeem rewards?
To redeem rewards, log in to your Barclaycard account and click on the Rewards tab.
How much are rewards worth?
Barclaycard miles are worth the industry standard of 1 mile = 1 cent. You’re more likely to get this rate if you redeem for travel statement credit. If you redeem for other rewards — such as gift cards — your miles might be worth less than the standard rate.
Typical card features and benefits of a Barclaycard card
- Rewards. Almost every Barclaycard product is a rewards card. This is one reason the provider typically looks for customers with strong credit.
- No annual fee. Many Barclaycard products come with no annual fee. Exceptions are the provider’s flagship cards like the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® and Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®, which have annual fees between $89 and $150.
- Ongoing APR between 16% and 25% variable. With strong credit, you may qualify for an ongoing APR near the bottom of this range. With weaker credit, you may get a relatively high APR around 25%.
- No foreign transaction fees. Barclaycard offers several travel cards with no foreign transaction fees. These products are excellent to bring when you travel abroad.
- Signup bonus. You’ll usually find a signup bonus with each card. For the best bonuses, look for Barclaycard’s general travel cards such as the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®.
How to apply for a Barclaycard card
Apply for a Barclaycard credit card through its site. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and prepare the required information.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a resident of the US, but excluding Puerto Rico and US territories.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number.
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Financial information like your annual income and income source.
How does Barclaycard keep my credit card information secure?Barclaycard encrypts personal information you send online with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS). It’ll log you out automatically if your web session experiences a period of inactivity.
The bank offers 24/7 fraud monitoring. You won’t be liable for unauthorized charges to your card. And, for extra security, you can sign up for Fraud Text Alerts. If Barclaycard spots an unusual transaction on your card account, it’ll let you know through a text message.
Most Barclaycard cards come with chip technology, which makes them more secure than magnetic-stripe cards. Additionally, many of the cards come with chip-and-PIN capability. That means you can use your card at most unmanned kiosks and PIN-only merchants.
A Barclaycard product can be the perfect choice if you’re looking for a strong travel card. Beyond its excellent general travel cards, you’ll find cobranded products that reward you if you’re loyal to certain companies.
If you’re not sure whether a Barclaycard product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.