Import data from Quicken and Mint with this online personal finance software.CountAbout is an online budgeting tool that helps individuals and small business owners track finances from anywhere. But you’ll pay anywhere from $9.99 to $109.99 a year depending on your plan and features.
$9.99 per year
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and investments. She has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. Cassidy enjoys educating people about financial services, exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
If you’re looking for a budgeting tool that integrates with Mint and Quicken, CountAbout may fit the bill. It’s the only tool that lets you seamlessly migrate old date from Mint and Quicken, so you don’t have to completely start from scratch. With CountAbout, you can track expenses on the go, run reports and create a budget.
Plans range from $9.99 to $39.99 a year, but you’ll need to buy the premium plan if you want to automatically import transactions from your financial institution.
How does CountAbout work?CountAbout is a subscription-based tool that offers personal finance management. Automate transactions, create customizable spending categories, generate invoices, run financial reports and more through this online and mobile platform. CountAbout connects to more than 10,000 financial institutions, including Quicken and Mint.
How to sign up
Sign up for CountAbout in four simple steps:
- Go to the official CountAbout website and click Sign Up.
- Enter your email and password and click Sign Up.
- Log in to your email account, locate the CountAbout confirmation email and click Verify your registration.
- Log in to CountAbout and connect your Mint or Quicken account to get started.
Compare top budgeting software
But if you’re looking for a free tool that offers more financial planning features, check out our beginner’s guide to budgeting.
How much does it cost?CountAbout has two plans and two add-ons to choose from. You purchase these after your free 15-day trial ends.
|Account Type||Annual Price||Features|
|Basic Plan||$9.99||Includes full access to CountAbout, but you can’t automatically download transactions.|
|Premium Plan||$39.99||Includes everything in the basic plan, plus you can automatically download transactions.|
|Attachments Add-on||$10||Attach images to transactions.|
|Invoicing Add-on||$60||Create, send and track invoices.|
Is CountAbout safe to use?
Yes. CountAbout never stores or sells your information. You log in to your account using two-factor authentication, which adds an extra layer of protection.
Although you link financial institutions to CountAbout, it uses a data aggregator to make sure it never has direct access to your information. It also stores data using Amazon Web Services, which is the same secure data center large corporations use worldwide.
What are the pros and cons of CountAbout?
- Works with Mint and Quicken. If you’re looking to close an existing Quicken or Mint account, CountAbout is one of the only tools out there that integrates with these two platforms.
- Automatic imports feature. Automatically import transactions into your budget when you sign up for its premium plan.
- Customizable. Add your own budget categories, create widgets for the data you care about and more.
- Subscription fee. You’ll pay anywhere from $9.99 to $109.99 depending on what features you need.
- Lacking features. This tool is strictly for budgeting and lacks new-age budgeting features like bill negotiation and financial planning services.
- Access to institutions. You’ll need to link your financial institutions to CountAbout to use the automatic import feature.