Glean from others' experience what it will take to safely reopen the doors of your business once shelter-at-home orders are lifted. Read more…
A comprehensive guide on how to navigate the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
Updated . What changed?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially declared COVID-19 a pandemic of global concern. It’s the first pandemic sparked by a coronavirus, which means we are currently in uncharted territory. This article, and the linked guides, are intended to help consumers and small businesses understand the implications and make informed choices.
If we all work together by observing good hygiene, following advice from health officials and self-isolating as directed, we can minimize the impact of the virus. The most important thing is to remain calm and educated. And that is the chief purpose of this guide.
If you’re concerned that you may be infected, please seek medical advice from a health professional immediately.
What's in this guide?
How can I manage and protect my money?
The coronavirus pandemic has been described as a battle on two fronts: health and the economy. Throughout 2020, it will be extremely important to carefully manage your finances. Here’s how you can safeguard your money (and potentially grow it) during the crisis.
With the economy challenged, take these steps.
How the stock market is changing.
Guard yourself against these scams.
Essential Finder guides on coronavirus and your finances
Personal financial guides
- Stimulus package details
- Managing finances during coronavirus
- 30+ companies hiring right now
- Investing during coronavirus
- Coronavirus and mortgage rates
- Coronavirus scams
- Emergency credit card options
- Using contactless payments
- Set up your computer to work remotely
- Coronavirus and credit card rewards
- Sending money internationally
- Your credit score and coronavirus
- Where to find a personal loan
- Alternatives to payday loans
- How to defer your loan repayments
- Tips to avoid fees when using your stimulus payment prepaid debit card
Where can I get financial help?
Need a hand to cope with your bills right now? Here’s how you can get assistance.
Home loans, rent, credit cards, insurance, superannuation, utilities: what’s available and how to get it.
Get help for your credit card bills.
Here are some ideas for how to best use that cash.
Guides to getting financial help during coronavirus
- Help if you lost your job
- Free Internet and bonus data offers
- Assistance with energy bills
- Home insurance premium forgiveness
- Car insurance premium forgiveness
- Personal financial assistance
- Credit card payment relief
- Student loan relief
- 7 smart ways to use your stimulus check
Where can I buy essential supplies online?
The coronavirus has sparked panic buying across the United States, making it difficult to buy some essential items. These guides can help.
Face mask news and where to buy during COVID-19. Find in stock stores, state requirements, how to make them, wear them and more..
These online retailers can deliver fresh food straight to your door.
The best places to stock up on toilet paper online.
Easily find the top retailers selling everything from home office equipment to household items.
Guides to online shopping during coronavirus
Find essentials online
- What to buy
- Where to buy essentials
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Can I buy an at-home coronavirus test kit?
- N95 face masks
- Cloth face masks
- Disposable face masks
- Face masks for kids
- Buy face masks in bulk
- Sneeze guards
- Shoe covers
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand soap
- Aloe vera gel
- Hair scissors
- Toilet paper
- Nitrile gloves
- Paper towels
- Disinfectant wipes
- Baby wipes
- Rubbing and isopropyl alcohol
- First aid kits
- Laundry detergent
- Infrared thermometers
- Streaming services
- Free at-home education resources for kids
- Art supplies and paint
- Gifting during coronavirus
- All TV and music streaming free trials
What can I do if I lose my job?
The coronavirus pandemic is expected to result in hundreds of thousands of job losses. Fortunately, there are a range of relief mechanisms available to assist out-of-work Americans. These guides explain how to get help.
All the ways to get financial support if you are suddenly out of work.
There are jobs available at these companies.
What to do if you need to take time off, are made unemployed or your work temporarily closes.
How can I set up for working from home?
The government is urging most Americans to work from home if they are able to do so. Many schools have also moved to online learning as more and more students stay at home. These guides are designed to help.
Everything you’ll need for maximum productivity.
The expenses allowed and the records you need to keep.
Avoid security pitfalls with these recommendations.
What happens to my home?
What the temporary ban on evictions means for landlords.
Here are the mortgage relief packages offered by lenders.
The home insurance providers letting customers suspend cover due to financial hardship.
How can I support my business?
CDC guidelines and best practices to reopen and keep employees and customers safe.
Keep things running smoothly with this guide
8 ways to keep your business up and running.
- Finder’s COVID-19 response playbook
- How to reopen your business safely
- Keep your business running
- How to bring your existing business online
- Working from home
- Setting up your business to WFH
- Compare employee monitoring software
- Business credit cards
- Business loans for coronavirus
- Business grants for coronavirus
- Main Street Lending Program
- SBA disaster loans
- 12 steps to apply for the coronavirus disaster loan and grant
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Step-by-step guide to applying for the PPP
- How to get 100% of your PPP loan forgiven
- Business cash flow help
- Financial assistance for New York State businesses
- Business interruption insurance
- Cybersecurity insurance
- Business loans for faith-based organizations
- 3 lenders share tips on applying for the PPP
- How to calculate your payroll expenses for the PPP
- 8 business owners dish their SBA coronavirus stories
- Coronavirus business loan statistics
- SBA loans for nonprofits
- SBA Debt Relief Program
What happens to my travel plans?
Travel is severely restricted now across much of the globe. These guides will keep you informed about ongoing travel restrictions and their impact on your finances.
If you have a trip booked, or you were hoping to get away soon, what does this mean for your travel plans?
Get the latest info on airfare flexibility.
Get money back on your cancelled travel plans.
Travel advisories and policies
- Traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Latest travel advisories
- How to get a travel refund
- Recover miles if you cancel travel
- Airlines: suspended flight routes
- Airlines: updates and restrictions
- Travel insurance and coronavirus
- Travel insurance policy updates
- Cruise lines: suspended service
- Hotel closures
- Car rentals: policy updates and fee waivers
- Rideshare safety measures
- Credit card travel insurance policies
- What’s open and closed in each state
How can I stay healthy?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially declared COVID-19 a pandemic of global concern. It’s the first pandemic sparked by a coronavirus, which means we are currently in uncharted territory.
The WHO updated its official guidance on face mask use on June 5th and now recommends every person wear a face mask in public when physical distancing is difficult — such as on public transportation and in shops or other confined, crowded areas.
You can find more resources to help you stay safe and healthy by reading our guides.
Read our review of the first FDA-approved test kit.
Everything you need to know about face masks.
What’s happening to costs, and what will change in the future?
- Hotlines and mental health resources
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protective face shields
- Can I buy an at-home coronavirus test kit?
- Pulse oximeters
- Coronavirus statistics
- Coronavirus FAQs
Find information on the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, including how it spreads, how to avoid infection, the symptoms to watch out for and how to protect the vulnerable. You will also find expert advice on travel, insurance, health, shopping and employment.
We’ll continue to publish content to help you navigate the outbreak, so be sure to bookmark this page to stay informed. For more information about how Finder is handling the virus, read our official response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Latest coronavirus news
Data from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) shows a record number of online orders are missing. Safeguard your purchases by following our online shopping checklist. Read more…
Other SBA loans are still available and lenders are returning to business as usual. Read more…
Seven Corners launches four new policies to protect travelers during the COVID-19 pandemic, including a road trip plan. Read more…
The FDA has issued a warning against nine methanol-containing hand santizers. Here's how to check your bottle to ensure it's safe to use. Read more…
With no cost for six months, this could make other SBA loans a viable alternative to the Paycheck Protection Program. Read more…
Low-cost, long-term emergency funding is available again — just in time to cover reopening costs. Read more…
Finder analyzes which states have started opening after the US shutdown and how long stay-a-home restrictions were in place. Read more…
Prime borrowers could see lower rates for years to come, but that's not the case for everyone. Read more…
With a little creativity, payday lenders have been finding ways around Google and Facebook ad bans. Here's how to spot danger and where to turn instead. Read more…
Four million Americans are set to receive this card — follow these tips when using it to keep more money in your wallet. Read more…
A rise in young creditworthy borrowers druing the coronavirus might spell a shift toward alternative data — and the decline of the credit score. Read more…
Keep customers and employees protected with clear sneeze guards for your store, salon, vehicle or other business. See which online retailers ship from the US. Read more…
Ask an Expert