It’s the most wonderful — and perhaps expensive — time of the year. Gift giving can be like pin the tail on the donkey: Sometimes you nail it, and other times … not so much.
- 44.6% of baby boomers aren’t too happy with the presents Santa leaves under the tree.
- Boomers say, on average, that they receive two gifts they don’t want each year.
- The total value of those unwanted gifts equals $43.29.
- 42.1% of boomers keep their presents, 25.3% plan on exchanging them, and 2.3% plan on selling their gifts.
- 3.9% of baby boomers buy bad presents on purpose.