Well, well, well … when it comes to dollar deception, baby boomers have no problem keeping a straight face instead of coming clean. But what other tangled webs are they weaving when it comes to the almighty dollar?
- Just over the tipping point, 53% of baby boomers pocket cash they’ve found instead of trying to return it to the rightful owner.
- 22% of baby boomers admit to making purchases behind their partner’s back and don’t see the need to let them know about it.
- At the cash register, 45% of baby boomers will stay quiet if they’re undercharged for the sake of keeping a few extra bucks in their pocket. On that note, 11% will say squat when they know darn well they didn’t chip in enough to cover their share of the bill.
- 16% of baby boomers bend the truth when it comes to their age just to get a discount. And 12% aren’t so honest about their financial information when Uncle Sam asks during tax season.
- When making a purchase, 9% of baby boomers are hanging on to the receipt because they know what they just bought is getting returned.