Rhys Subitch is a personal finance editor at Bankrate and former loans editor at Finder, specializing in consumer and business lending. Rhys has nearly a decade of experience researching, editing, and writing for startups, Fortune 500 companies, universities and websites. They hold a BA in sociology and a certificate of editing from the University of Washington.
- Personal, business, student and car loans
- Credit scores and alternative data
- Debt consolidation and management
- Authored over 400 articles on personal and business finance
- Scripted over a dozen videos on Finder's YouTube channel and hosted several, totaling over 15,000 views
- Experienced in breaking down complex topics, such as government loan programs and new legislation, into easy-to-understand terms
- Certificate in editing | University of Washington, Seattle | 2016
- Bachelor of Arts in sociology | University of Washington, Seattle | 2010–2014
Latest articles by Rhys Subitch
75 articles written by this author
Consumer lending in 2021 and beyond
The lasting effects of the coronavirus pandemic on the lending industry and what it means for customers.
Camino Financial business loans review
Get a small business loan for your company up to $400,000, but watch out for high costs.
Prestige Financial auto loans review
Car loans for borrowers who may not qualify for traditional financing.
Loans for formerly incarcerated people
Explore options for business, student and personal loans to get your life started again.
American Express loans
Low APRs available — but only Amex cardholders can be preapproved for its personal loan.
Best student loans for bad credit
A credit score below 580 can make funding your education difficult, especially if you exhausted federal loans and grants. But there are options out there — just make sure to weigh all of the pros and cons before choosing a lender.Compare the best private student loan for bad credit3 best private student loans for bad […]
Upgrade cards: A card with a credit line that works like an installment loan
Flexible funding in card form with low, fixed monthly payments.
Our 10 fave Pinterest accounts for financial inspo
Start pinning motivation, budgeting tips and financial lessons.
Our 10 fave finance bloggers to follow on Twitter
Get a daily dose of thoughtful money tips, strategies and relatable memes.
Our 13 fave Instagram accounts to inspire a money makeover
Keep up with these financial influencers to get your bank account looking picture perfect.