A simple, no-annual-fee credit card that offers cash back on Amazon and Whole Foods Market purchases.
- Get this card if you regularly shop with Amazon or at Whole Foods Market.
- Pick something else if you want higher cash back on other categories.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||16.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR|
|Balance Transfer APR||16.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Rates & Fees||Rates & Fees|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Rewards||Get rewarded for every purchase, including 3x back at Amazon.com|
|Base Rewards||1x points|
The no-annual-fee Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card can be an excellent choice if you frequently shop with Amazon or at Whole Foods. You’ll get to earn more points with these sellers and in three other categories. Points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards, including to pay for future Amazon purchases.
Another card for everyday cash back
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Earn 3% back on all of your Amazon and Whole Food Markets purchases. Earn 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores. On all other purchases, earn 1% back.
Amazon gift card.
Get a $50 gift card as soon as you become a card member. This may not be a generous signup bonus, but you get it without having to meet any spending requirements.
No annual fee.
There’s no annual fee to own the card.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
|Whole Food Market||$3,000||$90|
Suppose this is what your annual spending looks like for these categories. You would earn $290 in cash back in a year. Add the $50 gift card and your rewards would be $340 for the first year.
You’ll also like…
No foreign transaction fees.
Use this card whenever you travel abroad without paying any foreign transaction fees. And since this is a Visa card, it’s accepted worldwide.
Travel accident insurance.
When you use your card to pay for transportation — be it by air, bus, train or cruise — you’re eligible for coverage of up to $500,000 for accidental death or dismemberment.
Lost luggage reimbursement.
Get up to $3,000 coverage per passenger for your checked and carry-on bags in case of damage or loss by the carrier. Also, if your bags are delayed over six hours, you’ll be reimbursed for purchases like toiletries and clothing up to $100 per day for three days.
Get coverage against damage or theft for 120 days and up to $500 per claim when you make purchases with your card.
Visa Signature concierge service.
Enjoy complimentary Visa Signature concierge service 24/7 when you want tickets for sports and entertainment events, to make dinner reservations or to get help finding the perfect gift. Call 800-953-7392 for assistance with your requests.
No penalty APR
If you make a late payment or have one returned, you’ll pay up to $38 fee, but won’t incur any penalty APR.
What to watch out for
No intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers.
There’s no interest-free period with this card.
Low minimum credit line.
The minimum credit line you can get is $500.
Potential prohibition of earning and using points.
If you don’t make the minimum payment within 30 days of when it’s due, you may be temporarily prohibited from earning or redeeming your points.
Loss of points.
If you don’t make the minimum payment within 60 days of when it’s due, you may lose all of your points.
Compare rewards credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
To get the card, you must be a US citizen and at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old in Alabama and Nebraska.
In your application, you’ll need to provide information such as:
- Full name and contact information.
- Date of birth and Social Security number.
- Residential information and annual income.
At the end of your application, you can choose your card design out of three available options.
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a credit score in the low 600s. To increase your chances of approval and get a higher credit line you, should apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
What do customers say about the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
Customers are largely satisfied with the cashback rate, and some even claim Amazon offered them an interest-free period on purchases for up to 18 months. Also, many customers say they were pleased to have received a high credit line.
Those who had negative experiences with the card said they had issues with declined charges. Other complaints focus on the high interest rate. Carrying a lower balance can help you avoid pain over the high APR.
How to apply for the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Go to the Chase website and find the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your information and submit.
How long will it take to get my Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
You should receive a decision immediately. If further review is required, it may take up to 30 days to get a decision.
Once approved, you’ll get your card within seven to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Chase mobile app. Use it to pay your bills and balance, monitor your account and more.
- Avoid interest and fees. The card doesn’t have an intro APR period on purchases, so make sure to pay your balance before it’s due to avoid paying up to $38 in late payment fees and to avoid paying interest.
- Optional cash back upgrade. If you want to earn 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market, enroll in the Amazon Prime program for $12.99 per month or $199 annually and you can automatically upgrade your card.
- Customer service. Call Chase customer service at 800-432-3117 if you have any questions.
How do I redeem rewards from Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
With this card, you earn points that can be redeemed for:
- Cash back. Get a statement credit or a deposit to your checking or savings account, starting at 2,000 points.
- Amazon purchases. Use your points at checkout to pay for your entire purchase or to get a discount.
- Other. Redeem your points as gift cards, starting from 2,500 points worth $25, or toward travel purchases through the Chase website. Alternatively, call 855-234-2538 to book your travel.
You can’t use your points toward:
- Amazon Kindle downloads
- Digital music
- Amazon video titles
- Amazon Appstore apps
- AmazonFresh items
- Subscribe and Save items
- Magazine subscriptions
- Prime memberships, with the exception of Prime Gift memberships
- Preorder items
- Textbook rentals
- Reloading gift cards
Currently, you may not be able to use One-Click to purchase products with your points.
If you often shop on Amazon or at Whole Foods Market, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card could be a solid option. You’ll get to earn bonus points at those shops, plus earn bonus points at gas stations, restaurants and drugstores. Points can be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, travel or be put toward your Amazon purchases. Every point you earn with the card comes as a pure reward since you won’t pay an annual fee.
However, if you’re not sure that this is the right card for you, check out other credit cards to compare your options and find the best fit for your financial needs and goals.
Frequently asked questions.