Webull stock trading platform review
A broker with zero-commission trading with a suite of tools to help you invest.
finder.com’s rating: 4.4 / 5.0
Webull is a trading platform with no initial deposit requirements or commissions, making it very beginner-friendly. But access to real-time market and advanced tools will appeal to more active traders and options traders. The platform doesn’t allow you to trade mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks.
- Consider Webull if you want low fees but don’t want to compromise on advanced trading tools.
- Look elsewhere if you want a wider range of investment options, including mutual funds.
Stock trade fee
Minimum deposit to open
|Intro or bonus offer||For a limited time, get a 3-month free subscription to Nasdaq Level-2 market data when you open a Webull account and two free stocks worth up to $2,000 when you make an initial deposit of $5 or more. |
|Stock trade fee||$0|
|Option trade fee||$0|
|Asset types||Stocks, Options, ETFs|
|Account types||Brokerage, Retirement|
|Minimum deposit to open||$0|
|It charges no commission fees and account fees are on par with competitors.|
|You can only access stocks, ETFs and options.|
|Support can be reached in several ways but we had to wait 20 minutes to speak to a rep.|
|The mobile app is well-reviewed on both Google Play and in the Apple App Store.|
|Research and tools|
|Reporting tools and charts are standout platform features.|
|We didn’t find any reports of service outages.|
|We awarded a bonus star for access to paper trading.|
To learn how our star ratings are calculated, read the methodology at the bottom of the page.
What's in this guide?
What investments does Webull offer?
Webull has a solid lineup of investment products, including:
- Stocks and ETFs
And you can choose either an individual brokerage account for general trading or save for retirement with a traditional or Roth individual retirement account (IRA).
Who is Webull best for?
Webull’s platform and trading tools empower all types of investors to get the most out of their money, but it’s especially convenient for:
- Short-term investors. Zero-commission trades and advanced tools make Webull a strong choice for short-term investors and day traders.
- Mobile users. Webull’s powerful mobile platform allows you to trade from anywhere.
- New investors. Helpful tools, $0 trades and the absence of initial deposit requirements make Webull useful for new investors.
Fees and costs
Webull has some of the lowest fees in the industry, including no minimum deposits, zero commission on option, stock and ETF trades, and no annual or inactivity fees. Margin accounts pay an annual rate of 3.99% to 6.99%, depending on your balance.
Pros and cons
Webull makes it convenient to trade and manage portfolios from anywhere and features these benefits:
- Zero commissions. Webull won’t charge you anything to make trades.
- Powerful mobile app. Webull’s mobile platform allows you to research, analyze, make trades, manage your portfolio and more.
- Tools. Get support for your trades with the help of a trading simulator, market data insights, stock screeners, charts and indicators and trading instruments.
- No minimum deposit. It’s free to open an account, and there are no deposit requirements to trade stocks or ETFs.
- Two free stocks. For a limited time, get one free stock worth up to $250 when you sign up. Get another valued up to $1,000 with an initial deposit of $100 or more within 30 days of opening your account.
Webull’s commission-free trades and powerful mobile platform give it an edge over some of its competitors, but it has a few potential pitfalls:
- Limited securities. Webull doesn’t allow you to trade mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks. It also limits trading stocks less than $1 or more than $10 million.
- Margin requirements. To borrow money to trade, you’ll need to have at least $2,000 in your account.
WATCH: Webull review + tutorial
How do I sign up?
You can sign up via desktop by downloading the desktop app, tapping the avatar on the bottom right, then clicking Sign up. From there, the process is similar to signing up via mobile app:
- Visit your phone’s app store to download the Webull app.
- Open the app, click the Open account tab, then click Open account.
- Enter your personal information, employment information and investment information.
- Upload a photo of your ID to verify your identity.
- Answer questions about your affiliations.
- Agree to account terms and disclosures.
- Choose your account type.
- Verify your email and submit your application.
To open an account, you’ll need to meet a few eligibility requirements:
- Live in the US at a valid residential address
- 18 or older
- Valid state-issued ID
- Valid Social Security number
During your application, you’ll be asked to provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Address, phone number and email
- Social Security number
- Valid government photo ID
- Employment information
- Investment and financial information
Webull traders have access to the platform’s comprehensive suite of research and analysis tools.
Review data for any stock on the platform with watchlists, with a separate list for stocks you’re actively invested in. From your watchlist, monitor key metrics for stocks you select, including price, volume, market movement and more. Add stocks to your watchlist by symbol or name, and view your picks in a list or grid format.
Clicking a stock in your watchlist opens the stock chart. Set volume or price alerts and view data as a line, area, candle, hollow candle, base line, Heikin Ashi, bar or colored bar graph. Time intervals range from one minute to a year. And the drawing tool offers access to trendlines, polylines, rays, parallels, Fibonacci retracement, Fibonacci extension and more.
Available indicators include:
- Pivot Point
Key statistics for your stock include highs, lows, dividend yields, financial forecasts and press releases. Add multiple stocks to compare your options, and use the notes tool to attach noteworthy findings to your watch list.
Monitor data in four primary market tabs: global, US, Hong Kong and cryptos. Cryptos offers a list of 15 cryptocurrencies on the Bitfinex exchange, while the Global tab offers worldwide index and forex stats. The Hong Kong and US tabs provide index data as well as net inflow, rankings, trends and up-to-date market news.
Create your own screener by entering the data you’d most like to monitor, including market caps, prices, percent changes, volume, turnover rates and listing dates.
Practice trading online for free, without investing any money. But you won’t make money — it’s a demo account where you can practice hypothetical trades based on real market data. Buy and sell stocks, monitor your buying power and track daily profits and losses.
Is Webull legit?
Yes, Webull is a legit US-based fin-tech startup founded in 2017. It’s registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Webull is also a member of SIPC, which insures brokerage customers up to $500,000 for securities and includes a $250,000 limit for cash.
Webull reviews and complaints
Overall, Webull feedback is unfavorable. It lacks Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation and receives an F rating for failing to respond to customer complaints. On the BBB, it has an average rating of one out of five stars based on 17 customer reviews and has received 77 complaints in the past three years as of March 2021. Its Trustpilot feedback isn’t much better — it maintains a TrustScore of 1.6 out of 5 based on 64 reviews.
While investors praise its charting tools and paper trading, many complaints surfaced, citing withdrawal delays, app crashes and unresponsive customer support.
How do I contact Webull support?
There are three ways you can get in touch with customer service:
- Call 1-888-828-0618
- Secure message via its app
- Email: email@example.com
Compare with other stock trading platforms
*Signup bonus information updated weekly.
Webull is a mobile-focused trading platform that caters to the needs of many types of investors. Its zero-commission trades and lack of deposit requirements make it useful for beginners, while its research and trading tools help investors trade smarter.
If you’re not sure if this is the platform for you, compare your trading options to see what else is out there.
How we rate trading platforms
★★★★★ 5/5 — Excellent
★★★★★ 4/5 — Good
★★★★★ 3/5 — Average
★★★★★ 2/5 — Subpar
★★★★★ 1/5 — Poor
We analyze top online trading platforms and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include fees, securities available for trade, customer support, customer feedback, platform resources and overall reliability.
For a complete breakdown of how we score each category, read the full methodology of how we rate trading platforms.