Uprova tribal loans review
- Min. Amount
- Max. Amount
- Turnaround time
- Up to 30 minutes
When times are tough, it can be hard to find a lender that works with you. Uprova may be able to help. It offers up to $5,000 to qualified borrowers, and you may not need credit to be approved. But it doesn't have much in the way of customer reviews yet, and you may be able to get a lower rate elsewhere if you have fair credit.
Multiple payment options
No prepayment penalty
|Product Name||Uprova Tribal Loans|
|Loan Term||9 to 36 months|
|Turnaround Time||Up to 30 minutes|
|Requirements||At least 18 years old and live in a serviced location|
What is Uprova?
Uprova is a lender run by the Habematolel Pomo, a federally-recognized Native American nation of Upper Lake, California. It offers borrowers small-dollar loans that range from $300 to $5,000.
Currently, you can check your rate with Uprova if you live in one of the following states.
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
For all other states, it refers you to its affiliate, Mountain Summit Financial.
What are the benefits of using Uprova?
- Quick turnaround. Funds may be available within 30 minutes of approval.
- Multiple payment options. Choose to repay your loan by ACH transfer directly from your bank account or through a debit card. However, credit card payments aren’t accepted.
- No prepayment penalty. Uprova doesn’t charge a fee if you choose to pay off your loan early. In fact, it’s encouraged — the sooner you close your account, the less interest you’ll accrue.
- May help you build your credit. Uprova reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion — which means on-time payments can help your credit score.
What to watch out for
- High APR. While Uprova has an APR cap of 35.99%, its rates start at a high 34.5%. While this is decent for a bad-credit loan, you may be able to find lower rates with other lenders if you have a fair credit score of at least 580.
- May perform a credit check. While you don’t have to have good credit — or any credit — to qualify for a loan, Uprova may still perform a credit check to verify your information.
- Limited customer reviews. As of April 30, 2021, customer reviews through third-party sites like BBB and Trustpilot are thin — save for one complaint.
Compare alternatives to Uprova
Select your state to find available short-term loan options.
Is it safe to apply with Uprova?
Uprova uses a 128-bit SSL certificate to keep everything you enter on its website secure. It also has several security services in place to prevent hacking.
However, keep in mind that no information is completely safe when you enter it online, and Uprova may choose to share some of your personal information for marketing purposes. You can limit some sharing by contacting Uprova at 866-362-3444.
Uprova reviews and complaints
|BBB customer complaints||1|
|Customer reviews verified as of||30 April 2021|
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a loan from Uprova, you’ll need to meet at least two basic criteria: live in a serviced area and be at least 18 years old. While these are the only eligibility requirements that Uprova lists, you’ll likely still need a regular source of income and a bank account to receive your funds.
If you live in California, Delaware, Georgia or Washington you’ll be able to check your rate. All other applicants are directed to an affiliate of Uprova.
How do I apply?
If you already have an account, you can use your login info or call to start a new application. If not, follow these steps to apply:
- Go to Uprova’s website and select how much you would like to borrow from the drop-down menu. Then click Apply now.
- If you’ve had an account before, log in. If not, create an account with Uprova.
- Supply information about yourself, including your full name, email and military status. Read over the information about tribal laws and its terms and conditions, then select Next.
- Enter your contact information, birth date, Social Security number and driver’s license number. Choose Next.
- Enter information about your employment status, employer, monthly income, pay frequency and next two pay dates. Hit Next.
- Enter information about your bank account, including its routing and account numbers. Then select Next.
- Enter a promo code, if applicable. You can then choose to verify the promo code or hit Finish.
Application decisions happen in moments. If you’re approved, funds could hit your account in up to 30 minutes. Your loan can be deposited directly into your account through ACH transfer, sent to your debit card or sent by check.
I got the loan. What’s next?
Before you sign, review your Consumer Loan and Arbitration Agreement — your loan contract — to confirm that the payment schedule and repayment amounts are within your budget. Once you agree, the money is sent to you in the method you request.
Sign in to your account at any time to make a payment or pay your loan in full. Otherwise, payments are withdrawn automatically according to the schedule set out in your loan agreement. If you don’t have enough to cover the payment, Uprova may charge you a $20 insufficient funds fee.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact customer service at 866-362-3444 or email@example.com.
Uprova is an expensive option when compared to other personal lenders, which can have rates starting under 10% for qualified borrowers. Also be aware that as a tribal lender, many state regulations won’t apply.
Before borrowing, compare your short-term loan options for emergency expenses and personal loan options for larger purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Answers to common questions about Uprova.
How can I reapply for a loan from Uprova?
To reapply, sign in to your account through Uprova’s website or call 866-362-3444.
How many loans can I have out at once?
Take out only one loan at a time through Uprova. If you have more than two active loans from other providers, it won’t be able to extend a loan to you.
What happens if I can’t make a payment?
Contact customer service as soon as possible. Otherwise, Uprova may attempt to make up to two withdrawals from your bank account. If there are insufficient funds both times, your account may be suspended and Uprova will start the collections process.
Uprova Tribal Loans is not currently available on Finder
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked