Steady app review
This job-centric financial app lets you find jobs, increase your income and plan for your future.
If you’re thinking a side hustle is just what you need to reach your financial goals, Steady App may fit the bill. It tracks your financial history and makes job recommendations based on your income, location and interest. But it lacks full-time job postings and it’s not a comprehensive budgeting app.
$0 per month
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and kids’ debit cards. She’s been featured on Legal Zoom, MSN, and Consolidated Credit and has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. When not writing, you can find her exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
If you’re looking to boost your income through a side gig, Steady app may fit the bill. It gives job seekers a way to search for open positions, track income and reach financial goals all in one place.
It’s completely free to use. But you can’t manage expenses like you can with traditional budgeting apps, and it mainly focuses on side gigs. If you’re looking for a salaried position, you’ll have a tough time finding many options.
How much does Steady cost?Steady app is free to use.
How do I open a Steady account?
Sign up for Steady app online or through its mobile app using the steps below:
- Click Apply now.
- From the Steady app website or download the official mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play and click Sign up for free.
- Enter your name, phone number and email, create your password and click Sign up. Alternatively, you can click Continue with Facebook.
- Click Take our survey and answer a few questions about your career goals and education.
After you complete the survey, browse around the site and begin searching for jobs.
How does Steady app work?Steady app tracks your employment income history and provides job opportunities to help you meet your income goals.
By linking your bank account, Steady can track your monthly income and get a snapshot of which jobs will pay you the most. Steady app partners with Plaid, Inc. to give users the ability to link bank accounts from thousands of financial institutions.
When you’re ready to apply for a job, Steady redirects you to the company’s website to fill out an application. Many of Steady’s popular gigs feature sign-up bonuses to help you jump-start your earnings. Steady claims that members have earned an additional $4,000 in income a year.
Compare top budgeting software
But if you’re not looking to take up a side hustle and would like a more solid budgeting app, check out our guide to budgeting for beginners and explore other options.
What are the pros and cons of Steady app?Steady app stands out from other budgeting apps for its financial employment tracking and job opportunity options.
- Find side gigs. Search for multiple side gigs within the app.
- Sign up bonuses. Steady features gigs with sign up bonuses. For example, you get $70 from Steady when you make your first delivery with Postmates.
- Track financial health. Link a bank account and Steady will display a snapshot of your monthly income and what jobs have made you the most money.
- Lacks budgeting features. Steady is more limited than other budgeting apps because it only focuses on your income and doesn’t offer comprehensive features like managing and tracking all expenses.
- Not for high-level jobs. Steady only focuses on side gigs, so you won’t find many postings for salaried positions.
- Must apply for each job individually. When you’re ready to apply for a job, you’re rerouted to the company’s website to start the process, meaning you must fill out a new application for every job.
- Favors already-popular gigs. On the surface, it looks like Steady doesn’t bring any new side-gigs to the table. It’s most-featured gigs are the ones you’ve already heard of — Postmates, Airbnb, Lyft, DoorDash and others.
Is Steady app safe to use?Steady app has access to your personal information — your job search preferences, employment history, bank account information, transaction history and your contacts. The company protects and encrypts your sensitive data using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is industry standard.
You are dealing with an Internet-based app, so there’s always some level of risk.