Whether you’re a new applicant or an existing DBS cardholder, you’d find a wide array of attractive credit card promotions including signup offers, rebates, bonus miles and other exclusive deals.
Learn more about the latest DBS card promotions in our guide.
While some promotions are exclusive to specific cards, others may be offered across the bank’s entire range of credit cards. Check out some of DBS credit card promotions and rewards here:
New card signups
To incentivise new credit cardholders, DBS often provide time-limited welcome offers. These may be in the form of cashback, air miles or gifts (e.g. luggage bags or shopping vouchers).
At the time of writing, new customers for selected cards are eligible to earn S$150 cashback with a minimum spending of S$800 within the first 60 days from card approval. Cards eligible for this promotion includes the DBS Live Fresh Card, DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card, POSB Everyday Card and DBS Woman’s Card.
DBS credit cardholders are also automatically enrolled in the DBS Rewards Programme, which rewards 1 DBS Point for every S$5 retail purchase made on an eligible DBS credit card. The reward points can be accumulated and redeemed for a host of attractive rewards, such as air miles, cash credits, dining vouchers, movie tickets and more.
Do note that DBS Points expire one year from the quarterly period in which they were accrued. Also, this programme is not available for cards such as the DBS Live Fresh Card, DBS Takashimaya Card and DBS Esso Card.
Enjoy over 100 generous rewards and deals on dining, shopping and lifestyle with your DBS cards. Exclusive perks include 1-for-1 offers, cashback, discounts and free gifts at partner merchants, such as ASOS, Agoda, Expedia, foodpanda, Lazada, Golden Village and more.
Consider some of these factors before narrowing down on the best DBS credit card promotions:
- Eligibility criteria. Most DBS credit card promotions are open to all DBS/POSB cardholders, but some are only available for new customers. So if you’re keen on a specific promotion, be sure to scrutinise the fine print beforehand.
- Welcome offers. Signup offers are usually enticing, but always consider any potential fees, rates and benefits before applying for the card.
- Lifestyle and spending habits. Whether the promotion is suited to your lifestyle and personal preferences is one of the key factor to consider. While someone may find great value from a particular deal, the same offer may not benefit you as much.
- Compare similar promotions. DBS may have over 100 partner merchants and deals, but there’s no telling if these are the most competitive promotions in the market unless you compare them with similar or identical offerings from other card issuers.
- Terms and conditions. Check for the promotion’s length of validity and whether you’ll be able to fulfill the requirements (if any) before it ends. Also, take note of any other specific terms and conditions – for example, some dining promotions are not applicable on public holidays and other peak timings (e.g. after 5pm on weekends)
How to redeem DBS Points?
Check out the latest deals for DBS/POSB and make your redemption on these platforms:
- DBS PayLah! app. A one-stop payment wallet that combines various banking features and everyday services. Whether you’re looking to apply for a new credit card, send payments or even order food, you can do them all on PayLah!. Tap on the ‘Rewards’ button on the menu bar at the bottom of the app to view other ongoing promotions and deals.
- digibank Online. Log into your DBS’ Internet banking account, navigate to ‘Cards’ and click on ‘Redeem Rewards’. Next, click on the DBS Rewards home page icon to be redirected to the DBS Rewards website.
- DBS Rewards website. You may log into the DBS Rewards website with your credit card number and NRIC/passport number. View the full rewards catalogue and redeem your preferred reward by adding them into the shopping cart.
How to offset your spending with DBS Points
To view or spend your reward points via DBS PayLah!:
- Download the DBS PayLah! app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch and log in to the DBS PayLah! app.
- To view your available DBS Points and POSB Daily$, slide the top menu bar to the left
- To offset eligible spending with reward points, tap on ‘offset spend’ and select the transaction.
Alternatively, you may also offset your purchases from:
- DBS Points In-Store. Offset your purchase or redeem for shopping vouchers instantly at participating merchants.
- Participating merchants’ website/mobile app. Some partner merchants may allow redemptions directly on their website/mobile app.
Benefits of DBS credit cards
Here are some key benefits you can expect from DBS credit cards:
- Cashback. Most DBS credit cards offer new cardholders with S$150 to S$300 cashback (or a lump sum of air miles) once the required spend criteria are met.
- Rewards. Eligible transactions on selected DBS credit cards will earn reward points that can be used for redemption offers across a wide range of spend categories, including dining, shopping, home, leisure, travel and wellness. In addition, all POSB/DBS cardholders will be entitled to 100+ perks and privileges at popular merchants and restaurants.
- 0% interest instalments. Split your purchases into interest-free monthly instalments (up to 6 months) with DBS Payment Plans. For longer tenures, you may choose from a range of flexible payments over 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.
- Mobile wallet and contactless payments. Enjoy fast and secure payments online or offline with NETSPay, PayNow, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
Are there any caveats to look out for?
- Fine print. Credit card promotions often subject to redemption or earn cap. Some offers may also require you to register for it before they’re available to you. So before proceeding with any booking confirmation or purchase, make sure to check its specific terms and conditions.
- Time-limited offers. Most DBS credit card deals with partner merchants are only available for a limited time. For example, the 1-for-1 deal at Pizza Hut is only valid till 28 February 2021.
- Points expiry. DBS Points are only valid for one year from the quarterly period in which they were accrued. This means you’d need to keep an eye out for the points that may be close to expiring and make sure to redeem them prior.
- Minimum spend requirements. Many discounts require a minimum spending to qualify, such as a 10% discount when you spend S$50 or more at a retail merchant. Certain promotions are also only open to new users of the external merchant, restaurant or service.
- Blackout dates. Although blackout dates are often imposed by the service providers (e.g. airlines, travel agencies or hotels), it’s important to note that some accommodation and flight deals impose fixed booking and stay periods. This means that you’ll not be able to make a redemption during these blackout dates, which are typically peak travel periods such as on public holidays and weekends.
The best Singapore credit card promotion is one that gives an added bonus on top of a credit card that complements your lifestyle and spending habits. As tempting as it may be, avoid applying for new credit cards on impulse simply because it comes with an attractive welcome gift.
Owning too many cards puts you at risk of several unintended consequences, from overspending to late payments or even be susceptible to credit card fraud. All these can put a dent on your credit score and affect future card or loan applications.
Before signing up for any credit card, be sure to find out all card-specific rates, fees and benefits that goes beyond promotional offer. If you’re ready to find the best DBS deals, start comparing credit card promotions for DBS now.Back to top