Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best reusable K-Cups
Brew a fresh-tasting, eco-friendly cup of joe every time.
In the first decade since Keurig launched its K-Cups, enough of the disposable plastic pods were sold to theoretically circle the Earth 10 times, according to Greenpeace campaign director John Hocevar. While the company has since announced that it will start making its K-Cups out of #5 polypropylene — a recyclable plastic — there is concern that some waste management services will not be able to process this material and will therefore not accept K-Cups in their recycling program.
In addition to contributing to the global plastic problem after disposal, reusable K-Cups limit your choice of coffee and can hinder the taste of your fresh cup o’ joe — not to mention the endocrine-disrupting health concerns of drinking coffee made from heated plastic. If you’re looking to avoid these problems, see our top picks for some of the best reusable K-Cup pods around.
Compare some of the best reusable K-Cups
|Name||Average price||Material||Compatible with…||Dishwasher-safe?||What’s included?||Purchase|
Keurig My K-Cup
|$15||BPA-free plastic||All Keurig and Keurig Plus home brewers||Yes – top rack||1 reusable K-Cup filter and basket||Buy now|
|$17||BPA-free plastic||All Keurig 1.0, 2.0 and K models, Breville K-Cup, Mr. Coffee K-Cup, i Cafilas||Yes||8 reusable K-Cups||Buy now|
Fill N Save
|$14||BPA-free plastic||All Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 models||Yes||6 reusable K-Cups||Buy now|
Perfect Pod Eco-Flow
|$13||Stainless steel||All Keurig 1.0, 2.0 and K models, Breville K-Cup, Mr. Coffee K-Cup, Cuisinart K-Cups||Yes – top rack||1 reusable K-Cup||Buy now|
Di Oro 24K Gold Reusable Filter
|$30||BPA-free plastic and 24K gold-plated coating||All Keurig 2.0 models||Yes||1 reusable K-Cup||Buy now|
How to use reusable K-Cup pods
Reusable K-Cups eliminate the need for disposable plastic pods and allow you to choose your own coffee to brew in your single-serve coffee maker. Exact instructions can vary based on your brewer and the type of cup you choose. Follow these general steps if your K-Cup pod comes with a removable filter and separate basket:
- Remove the existing disposable K-Cup holder.
- Remove the filter from the reusable K-Cup basket.
- Add your own coffee to the filter.
- Place the filled filter into the basket, twisting the lid to close.
- Place the closed basket inside the K-Cup brewer, press the button and brew.
How to compare reusable K-Cups
Keep these features in mind when shopping for the right reusable pods for your needs:
- Price. Reusable K-Cup pods can range from around $5 to $30. Choose an option that’s easy to use and clean and that fits within your budget.
- Material. Most reusable K-Cups are made from BPA-free plastic, though there are some higher-end models made from stainless steel.
- Compatibility. Make sure the reusable K-Cup you’re looking at will work with your specific make and model of single-serve coffee brewer.
- Easy to clean. The design of some K-Cup pods makes them easier to clean than others. Consider how quickly and easily you’ll be able to empty and clean all parts of the reusable K-Cup before buying.
How to clean reusable K-Cup pods
Most reusable K-Cups are dishwasher safe, so you can easily get them clean in just a few steps. But read the cleaning instructions on your specific model before tossing it in the dishwasher to make sure you don’t ruin your filter.
In general, follow these steps to clean your reusable K-Cup:
- Remove the used coffee grounds by tossing them in your compost pile, regular garbage can or sending them down your garbage disposal. Refrain from pouring them down the drain, as used coffee grounds can clog up the pipes.
- Run the filter under water to remove excess grounds that may have gotten stuck between the holes.
- Put your filter in the dishwasher if it’s dishwasher-safe. Some models can only be placed on the top rack, so check the instructions first.
- Completely towel- or air-dry your reusable K-Cup before putting it away.
Pick up an inexpensive reusable K-Cup to help cut your coffee costs, improve flavor and save the planet.
Looking for an eco-friendly way to take your cup of joe on the go? Compare popular reusable coffee cups.
How did we choose these products?
We compared popular reusable K-Cups, considering the price, material, ease of cleaning and third-party online reviews to choose our top picks.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
6 best overwater bungalows in the Caribbean
Escape to your very own island paradise above the waves.
Where to buy washable, reusable face masks
If you’re looking to invest in a protective face mask, save yourself some cash by purchasing a reusable option from one of these retailers.
Where to buy coffee pods online
Enjoy a brew from your very own carafe with coffee pods and capsules. Here’s where to buy them online.
Face masks: Everything you need to know
Face mask news and where to buy during COVID-19. Find in stock sellers, state requirements, how to make them, wear them and more.
Working from home coronavirus guide: Businesses, families, individuals
How to source all the gear and supplies you need to work at home effectively.
Where to buy disinfectant wipes online
Keep your home squeaky clean by stocking up on top-rated surface wipes from one of these retailers.
Find N95 and KN95 face masks for sale online
See our list of where to buy verified N95, KN95, 3M and respirator masks online, including made-in-USA options. Page is updated daily with in-stock masks.
20+ Best romantic hotels
For Valentine’s day or whenever you need a retreat with your sweetie.
8 best cruises to Antarctica
Sail to the end of the world — and wave to a penguin along the way.
Reusable homewares to reduce waste
Reduce your carbon footprint by replacing plastic with these handy hacks.
Ask an Expert