While the winter holidays are a good time for kids to relax and unwind, at some point they’ll likely want to get out and about.
Thankfully there are tons of things to do in and around Auckland to fill their time while you count down the days until school starts again. Not only are there options for parents and carers on a budget, but many activities are actually fun for the whole family to enjoy together.
Check out our list of things to do in Auckland these school holidays.
Less than $50 | School holidays activities in Auckland
More than $50 | School holidays activities in Auckland
Free things to do in Auckland over the winter school holidays
- Grab a torch and explore the military tunnels at North Head, Devonport. Pack a picnic lunch for when you’re done and sit on the grassy hill to enjoy spectacular views of Auckland Harbour and Hauraki Gulf.
- Visit the award-winning Potter Children’s Garden inside Auckland Botanical Gardens for an educational yet fun experience for kids. They can learn more about plants and animals, get lost in a maze and discover a dry desert and stinky bog.
- Stroll through Auckland Botanic Gardens. There are 64 hectares to explore and the kids will be entertained for hours in the open space.
- Spend an afternoon at Wynyard Quarter where kids can play on the maritime-themed playground and discover the Sounds of Sea interactive artworks. Find a spot to sit and watch the boats coming in and out.
- Enjoy the country environment of Kelmarna Gardens in Ponsonby where children can get up close and personal with worm farms, beehives, chickens and a pony. You can purchase fresh produce and take a guided walking tour to learn more about growing food.
See the latest Auckland school holidays activities deals