BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card
Rewards as you spend, a range of benefits and privileges make it worth taking a look at the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card.
Frequent travellers will enjoy the benefits on offer with a BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card, including travel insurance and a concierge service to help you with travel bookings.
|Product Name||BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$90 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$8,000|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||2% of transaction value or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$2|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card review
Spending on the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card gives you a choice between earning Flybuys points, which has a range of redemption options, and earning Cash Rewards, which you can easily convert into cashback.
This card offers complimentary travel insurance too, covering you for up to 3 months, as well as an extended warranty, purchase insurance and a price guarantee. You also get access to a concierge for assistance with travel and leisure bookings.
The card charges an annual account fee of $90, which is due in two equal instalments, but many people will find that the benefits outweigh the fee charged.
Finder NZ does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider’s website if you consider applying for this product.
Benefits of the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Rewards when you pay with your card. Choose whether you prefer to receive Flybuys points at a rate of 1 point for each $15 you spend or Cash Rewards equal to $1 for every $90 spent on your card. You can exchange Flybuys points for goods and services, while Cash Rewards give you cashback.
- Turn rewards into cash. Both rewards options allow you to turn your credit card rewards into cash by depositing the rewards you earn into a BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme.
- Travel insurance. The BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card can cover you for a period of 3 months days per leisure trip, including benefits such as cancellation cover and cover for medical expenses.
- Concierge service. For fuss-free travel bookings, make use of the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card’s complimentary concierge service. The concierge service can also book last-minute dinner arrangements anywhere in the world.
- Extended warranty and purchase insurance. Your high-value purchases are covered with up to a one-year extended warranty on qualifying items. Items bought with your BNZ Platinum Card also receive 90 days of cover against theft, loss, or damage from their purchase date.
- PriceGuard protection. If you find an item you purchased with your card cheaper elsewhere, BNZ refunds the price difference as long as the item is more than $150 in value.
- 55 days of interest-free credit. If you clear your balance every month, you can get up to 55 days of 0% interest on your credit card purchases.
Features of the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card
This credit card provides a range of travel and insurance benefits and rewards every time you make a transaction. You can see some of the card’s key features below.
- Account fee. You are charged $45 every six months for a total card fee of $90 each year.
- Supplementary card. Add a supplementary cardholder to your account in exchange for $10 every six months. The supplementary cardholder also enjoys the card’s insurance and travel benefits, plus earn rewards.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Pay conveniently by tapping your card or mobile phone on the card reader thanks to contactless payment technology and support for Google Pay and Apple Pay.
- Instant cash. Use your card to get cash advances of up to $7,500 per day, subject to your available credit limit.
- Online banking. Manage your account online, including access to your latest transactions and historical statements.
- Fraud cover. BNZ won’t expect you to pay for a transaction you did not authorise, including fraudulent use of your credit card.
How to apply for BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card
- 18 years of age or over
- A resident of New Zealand
- A clean credit file
- Full personal information, including NZ driver’s licence, if available
- Address details
- Income and employment particulars
- Financial information, including existing debts, assets and spending commitments
You can speed up your application by providing a driver’s licence. Without your driver’s licence, BNZ needs to perform further identity checks.
The bottom line
BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card is a premium credit card, but with a reasonable annual fee of $90 a year. It affords you the benefit of choosing either Flybuys points or Cashback Rewards, so you can choose the one that best suits your lifestyle. Plus, if you travel abroad a lot, you can make use of leisure travel insurance. If you are after a premium product with a more modest cost, the BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum Credit Card could be one to consider when you compare your credit card options.