Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Orion Protocol (ORN) in Ireland
Learn how to buy Orion Protocol (ORN) on 7+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Orion Protocol (ORN) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Binance. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. According to CoinTelegraph, the Orion Protocol is a decentralised exchange (DEX) that’s been designed to consolidate the liquidity of a wide variety of crypto exchanges into a single, convenient one-stop shop for crypto traders. Here's how to buy Orion Protocol.
How to buy Orion Protocol in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Orion Protocol is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit € using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, neteller, sofort and skrill payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Orion Protocol You can now exchange your funds for Orion Protocol. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Orion Protocol to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Orion Protocol in Ireland
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ORN by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Orion Protocol?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Ireland to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Orion Protocol?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Orion Protocol.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ORN with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Orion Protocol with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ORN with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy ORN on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ORN by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ORN on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Orion Protocol?
The easiest way to buy ORN is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying ORN, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Orion Protocol has been performing recently.
Best Orion Protocol wallets to store your ORN
You can keep your ORN on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Orion Protocol a good investment?DEX aggregation is a crowded space in the world of crypto, so here are a few things to bear in mind before you make your decision to invest:
- Token supply. The supply of ORN is capped at 100 million. The coin was also one of the first launched via a DYCO, or dynamic coin offering, where buyers of the token received their money back if the sale didn’t meet its goals.
- Use case. Orion also promises no fewer than 18 potential revenue streams open to holders of the coin – although it is difficult to find a complete list.
- Competition. Bear in mind that the Orion network is one of many, many DEX projects taking aim at an ever-shrinking pie. This is the most significant risk, and the one that haunts projects of this kind.
Additional information about Orion Protocol can be found using our ORN analysis tools.
Today's Orion Protocol price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Orion Protocol ($1.27 USD) against its all-time-high price of $29.25 USD on 22 March 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ORN is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: March 22, 2021
Orion Protocol ATH: $29.25
How to trade, convert or sell Orion ProtocolYou can convert or sell your ORN with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ORN on.
- If you store your Orion Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ORN you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Orion Protocol.
- Complete your transaction and move your ORN to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Orion Protocol, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ORN is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Orion Protocol or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Binance Coin (BNB) price prediction 2022
Read our expert analysis on Binance Coin and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
How to buy Paribus (PBX) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PBX).
How to buy ADAPad (ADAPAD) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ADAPAD).
How to buy Fodl Finance (FODL) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (FODL).
How to buy JET (JET) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (JET).
How to buy Nominex (NMX) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (NMX).
How to buy Cardstarter (CARDS) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CARDS).
How to buy Router Protocol (ROUTE) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ROUTE).
Ask an Expert