Higginbotham insurance review
Bundle several policies at once, but customer service could be a gamble.
- Apply if you want local support from a Texas-based company.
- Pick something else if smooth claims and account management is a must.
- Ideal for bundling and commercial coverage.
Depends on provider
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
Depends on provider
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Depends on provider
- Works well for policy bundling
- Local agencies across Texas
- High BBB rating
- One of the largest brokers in its region
- Few customer reviews
- Website lacking coverage details
- Commercial focus
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Paid in full discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
Sarah George is a staff writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Higginbotham can fill many of your insurance needs and continues to grow in size and revenue, although it has more coverage for businesses. However, because the company has a few red flag reviews and there are other insurers to compare out there, this company might not work well for individual customers.
What types of insurance does Higginbotham offer?
Higginbotham lends a hand with many insurance needs, such as:
- Boat and watercraft
- Builders risk
- Business insurance
- Critical Illness
- Dwelling fire
- Farm and ranch
- Motor home and RV
- Personal umbrella
- Wind, hurricane and hail
Which insurers does Higginbotham work with?
Higginbotham is a group of agencies that handle insurance needs across the state of Texas. Those companies include:
- Aycock & Fowler
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
- Davis Insurance Agency
- Independent Insurance Agents of Plainview
- Jeannette Blanton Insurance
- Painter & Johnson Financial
- Sellers-Patterson Insurance
What do customers say about Higginbotham?
Higginbotham doesn’t have many customer reviews online, possibly because customers report complaints or happy experiences with their insurers instead. However, Higginbotham does have A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Also, keep in mind that your experience may differ depending on your agent when you’re working with a broker. If you’re considering Higginbotham, consider picking an agent with recommendations or great online reviews.
Pros and cons of Higginbotham
- One of the largest regional brokers. The company serves its region as one of the largest independent brokers.
- Works well for policy bundling. Higginbotham has a variety of policies like auto, home and health to cover all your insurance needs in one spot.
- Local agencies all across Texas. Of more than 30 Texas locations, you’re bound to find one near you. There’s also an office location in Georgia and Oklahoma.
- High business rating. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Lack of customer reviews. You won’t find any customer reviews on sites like the BBB or Trustpilot.
- Website needs more coverage details. Because Higginbotham offers so many policies, you’ll find little information beyond basic coverage for each policy type.
- Focuses on businesses. The company offers more coverage options for businesses.
How do I contact Higginbotham?
Local offices are the mainstay of this company. You can reach out to your local agency directly or contact Higginbotham by email.
- Local agency. Review the company’s locations on its website to find your agency’s address and phone number.
- Email. Send a message through a contact form, including your contact information to get a response.