See how Dave Ramsey’s budgeting app stacks up against the competition.EveryDollar is a budgeting tool from Dave Ramsey designed to help you track monthly expenses, get out of debt and accomplish your financial goals. But you can’t connect to financial institutions with the free version and the paid version is pricey.
$0 per month
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and investments. She has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. Cassidy enjoys educating people about financial services, exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
If you’re a fan of Dave Ramsey’s approach to finances and would like to have his budgeting app, EveryDollar may be a solid choice.
It uses the zero-based budgeting method and lets you track your progress as you work through the 7 Baby Steps.
The Plus version supports automatic imports from financial institutions and comes with a free subscription to Financial Peace University. But you’ll pay $129.99 a year.
How does EveryDollar work?EveryDollar uses the zero-based budgeting method to assign every dollar of income to a certain budgeting category, such as spend, give, save and invest. Get started with the program by creating your account, entering your monthly income and setting up various budgeting categories, including housing, transportation, groceries, debt and giving.
If you have the free version of EveryDollar, manually enter and track transactions in the app. With the paid version, link a bank account and have transactions automatically imported.EveryDollar supports more than 18,000 financial institutions.
How much does it cost?
Budgeters can choose from a free or paid version of EveryDollar.
|Connects to financial institutions||No||Yes|
|Automatically imports transactions||No||Yes|
|Access to Financial Peace University||No||Yes|
|Track 7 Baby Steps progress||Yes||Yes|
Is EveryDollar safe to use?
Yes. All personal information, including your email address and password, are encrypted and stored using multilayer security.
Ramsey Solutions keeps its technology infrastructure in a highly secured data center monitored by electronic surveillance, multifactor access control systems and a staff of security guards who work 24/7.
What are the pros and cons of EveryDollar?EveryDollar stands out from other budgeting apps because it features tools to help you achieve financial stability.
- Tracks financial progress. If you’re looking to follow Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps for getting out of debt, this software records your progression as you move through each step.
- Get additional financial help. Search for local tax services, retirement professionals, real estate agents and more through EveryDollar.
- EveryDollar Plus free trial. Enjoy a 15-day free trial when you sign up for the Plus plan.
- Financial Peace University. Available to Plus members only, this nine-lesson class teaches you how to get out of debt and build wealth.
- Basic features. Not ideal for those who want to manage investments.
- Limited free version. You can’t connect any financial accounts or access Financial Peace University with the free version.
- Expensive paid version. EveryDollar Plus has a steep price tag of $129.99 a year — much higher than other budgeting apps.
- No monthly plans. You can’t spread the Plus membership fee out over 12 months.
- Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps lays out a plan to save for emergencies, pay off your debt and grow your money.
- Financial Peace University is a nine-lesson money management course that includes an interactive workbook and a one-year resource center that helps members apply the knowledge they’ve learned.
If you want to link to financial institutions without paying the $129.99 price tag, check out our budgeting guide to beginners.
Compare EveryDollar with other budgeting software
How to sign up
You can sign up for EveryDollar through its website or mobile app.
To sign up through its website:
- Go to the official EveryDollar website and click Sign up – It’s Free.
- Enter your name, email, password, country of residence, ZIP code and click Create My Account.
- Verify your email address and click Take Me to My Budget.
- Answer questions about your money goals, income, basic expenses, giving habits and debt.