- Federal starting price
- State returns starting price
CoinLedger, formerly known as CryptoTrader.Tax, is a crypto tax service that integrates with over 200 exchanges and wallets to track your crypto transactions. It then generates a personalized tax report, including Form 8949.
2-week money-back guarantee
Free tax preview
Invite your accountant
No Schedule D or other tax forms
No crypto payment
|Federal starting price||$0|
|Intro or bonus offer||Free trial available|
|Automatic generated tax forms||IRS Form 8949, Income Report, Capital Gains Report, Audit Trail Report, Tax Loss Harvesting, International tax reports|
|Payment options||Credit, Debit, Pay with your tax refund|
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
At a glance
- Integration with over 200 exchanges and wallets
- Supports 15 DeFi protocols
- Integrates with TurboTax and other tax filing software
How CoinLedger worksCoinLedger, formerly called CryptoTrader.Tax, works best for crypto traders with 1,500 transactions per year. You’ll pay $99 per year for 1,500 trades, whereas it’ll cost you $199 with Accointing and $149 with ZenLedger.
Plus, you can try before you buy. CoinLedger lets you test the platform to make sure it’s the right fit before you pay. Create an account, import your transactions and preview your tax report for free. And unlike TokenTax, which doesn’t offer refunds, CoinLedger offers a 2-week money-back guarantee. Its refund period is more generous than Koinly and Coinpanda’s 7-day refund policy, but not as impressive as Accointing or TaxBit’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
But keep in mind that CoinLedger only generates your Form 8949, so you must input your own data into other IRS tax forms relevant to your tax situation. If you’re in the market for a crypto tax software that includes more forms, such as Schedule D and Schedule 1, consider ZenLedger or Coinpanda.
What exchanges does CoinLedger support?CoinLedger integrates with over 200 exchanges and wallets, as well as 15 DeFi protocols, including:
If CoinLedger doesn’t have native support for your exchange, you can manually import your transactions using a generic CSV template.
How much does CoinLedger cost?
There are four different tiers available at different costs. The main difference between them is the number of transactions supported.
|Plan||Annual cost||Transaction limit|
How to sign up for CoinLedger
Get started with CoinLedger in five steps:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Select whether you’re an individual or a tax professional.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Click Create account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account, including choosing your country and currency.
Required informationCoinLedger requires an email address and password to create an account. If you’re setting up auto imports of your transactions, you must log into your exchange or wallet to connect via API.
6 benefits of CoinLedger
- 2-week money-back guarantee. You can request a full refund within 14 days if you’re unsatisfied with a limitation of the CoinLedger software.
- Free tax preview. Once you import your data, CoinLedger does all the heavy lifting to calculate your income from your trades and lets you view your tax report for free.
- Invite your accountant. Collaborate with your tax professional by sending an invitation to view your account.
- TurboTax integration. As a TurboTax partner, you can directly import your reports into TurboTax Online, TurboTax Desktop and other tax platforms.
- Tax-loss harvesting. The CoinLedger platform has built-in tax-loss harvesting tools and a tax-loss harvesting report to help you offset and reduce your capital gains.
- NFT tracking. CoinLedger now supports tracking NFTs to generate a tax report on this crypto asset.
2 drawbacks of CoinLedger
- No Schedule D or other tax forms.. While CoinLedger generates Form 8949, you must input your own data onto the other relevant tax forms, including Schedule D.
- No crypto payment. While you can pay with a credit card, you can’t use cryptocurrency as payment — something that its competitors Koinly and TokenTax offer.
Compare tax software
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is CoinLedger safe to use?CoinLedger strives to protect your privacy by only requiring an email to create an account and promises to never ask you for your Social Security number or other personal identifying information. Its database is encrypted at rest and in transit and never shares your info with third parties.
CoinLedger reviews and complaints
While CoinLedger doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau page, it earns 4.8 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot based on 277 reviews. Customers comment that customer service is quick to assist and troubleshoot your issues.
Some customers report errors in CoinLedger’s tax calculations and functionality gaps, which are all issues in the dev team’s pipeline. But since there isn’t a timeline for a resolution or update, some customers express frustration about being left in limbo.
Get in touch with a CoinLedger representative by:
- Live chatting with support by clicking the message icon on its website.
- Emailing email@example.com
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked