Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Black Friday is November 27, 2020 — but it’s never too early to prepare for the biggest shopping day in America.
We gather the best deals in one place, helping you to narrow top discounts by retailer and category. Shop the sales to save on everything from big-ticket electronics, to subscription services, to fast fashion from the comfort of your couch. Looking to venture out? Get the lowdown on doorbusters at your favorite stores.
The best deals we’ve found in 2020 so far
20% off select purchases of $50+
Shop major toilet paper brands now in stock at Amazon
Plus get free delivery for Prime members.
Discover your personalized skincare formulations in 3 minutes
Free shipping on your order at Proven Skincare
See results from your Proven routine in 28 days!
15% off when you spend $60 or more
15% off for new customers
New customers save 15% on their first order at Hylete with Finder
All Black Friday deals
What is a doorbuster?
Doorbusters are deals and low-priced products available for a tight window of time — like when store doors open first thing in the morning. However, the majority of doorbuster deals can be found online at a similar (or even cheaper!) price.
Top 3 tips to stay alive when shopping at a Black Friday doorbuster
1. Be aware of who and what is around you.
You’re likely to encounter some aggressive shoppers. And they’re easy to spot: red-faced, loud, even antagonistic with other shoppers. Stay at a distance.
2. Avoid getting stuck in the middle of a pack.
If a store hasn’t committed to orderly lines before a doorbuster, chances are higher for a large crowd stampede. Stay calm — and on your feet — to avoid being pushed or shoved.
3. Shop comfortably online.
Stay far away from the chaos of manic shoppers in your bathrobe while sipping your tea. Many retailers offer the same deals online as in stores.
Other shopping safety tips
- Use credit over cash so your money is safe from pickpockets in a crowded store.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged in case of emergency.
- Be cautious in parking lots, watching for other cars and pedestrians.
- Store shopping and gift bags out of sight in your trunk.
- Keep your purse or wallet zipped and close to your body.
- Designate a meeting spot if you’re shopping with others.
What time does Black Friday start?
Most stores unfold Black Friday in the early morning. But it’s increasingly common for stores to launch even earlier — as you’re still taking in turkey on Thursday. If you’re looking to purchase from an international retailer, you might have to wait until opening hours in that store’s home country.
When do Black Friday sales end?
Black Friday sales typically extend beyond the big day and into the following weekend. Some stores even slide their online sales well beyond the weekend and into Cyber Week. If you’re worried you’ve missed out on something, double-check which stores are extending their sales in our list of deals.
What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is the online cousin of Black Friday, created to persuade people to shop online when that wasn’t such a common thing.
Which stores are closed on Thanksgiving day?
More and more stores are taking a stance against opening on Thanksgiving day, giving their employees some much-needed family time instead. Here are a few popular retailers that have vowed to stay closed for the holiday.
How do I get the most out of Black Friday?
- Research early and often. Some stores post deals as early as Halloween, so sign up for notifications from your favorites. And keep an eye out for early-bird deals.
- Make sure your retailer ships to your address. Always a good one to check before you get excited over a deal.
- Shop around. You might find a better deal elsewhere. For example, Apple notoriously offers mediocre Black Friday deals, while competitors sell new or refurbished Apple products at bigger discounts.
- Don’t get too caught up in “bargains.” Some of the best deals involve new TVs. But even if you buy one at a delicious discount, it could come with higher shipping costs that eat into any savings, depending on where you buy it.
- Avoid shipping charges. Don’t lose your savings by paying too much to send it your way. Shopping in stores is one way to avoid paying postage. But if you prefer to shop online, some merchants waive shipping fees over a specified total.
- Make a budget — and stick to it. Don’t blow your budget on items you don’t need simply because they’re on sale. Consider using your debit card or cash to stay within your means. Check out our guide to using your credit card on Black Friday for more advice.
Full list of Black Friday store pages
Read more on this topic
Disney+ Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals Disney+ has stayed mum about its Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals so far, but we're hoping for deals just as magical as the brand itself.
Black Friday PC deals Don't miss huge holiday discounts on pre-built and custom desktop PCs.
Bose Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals in 2020 Ring in Black Friday savings to the tune of 50% off.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Mechanical Keyboard deals in 2020 Score sweet deals on keyboards and other gaming essentials this season.
Madewell Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals in 2020 Look for price cuts up to 25% on everything, including denim, plus free shipping with a free Madewell Insider account.
Under Armour Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals in 2020 Sprint for early holiday savings.
Banana Republic Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals in 2020 Gift one and get one for yourself with the brand's 50% off holiday sale.
Famous Footwear Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals in 2020 Step into BOGO deals, exclusive coupons and more this holiday season.
Victoria's Secret Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals Angel cardholders earn heavenly deals for the holidays.
Ask an Expert