Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Amazon Echo Show review
A top-notch display and powerful speakers, but the visual Alexa experience could use some refining.
Pros and cons
- Large HD-ready display
- Easy control of smart home appliances
- Simple setup
- Limited video viewing options
- Some visuals aren’t displayed well.
- Large and heavy
The Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen follows the Echo Spot as the second screen-based smart device Amazon’s rolled out. We’re seeing more “smart displays” emerge as part of the overall smart home scene, and Amazon’s take is among the largest you can buy. But is bigger always better?
- Big, bold design
- Easy to see from across the room
- Choice of colors
- Large screen
- Not enough video sources
- YouTube capable, with limitations
- Software needs tweaking for visual search elements.
Smart home quality
- Easy voice control of your smart home devices
- Acts as a Zigbee hub as well
- Can view compatible video cameras onscreen
- Skype integration coming soon
- Good for existing Amazon Echo households
- Nice hardware, but the software is a bit of a letdown.
Pricing and availability
The Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen currently sells for $229.
Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen: What the other reviewers say
|Tom’s Guide||“While still a bit confused about what it wants to be, the second Echo Show is a huge improvement over the first.”||4/5|
|Tech Radar||“Much better, but still has some creases to iron out.”||4/5|
|CNET||“If you like the idea of a smart display for cooking, calling or watching videos, the newest Echo Show is a great option. But don’t expect any extras.”||7.3/10|
|Digital Trends||“Amazon’s jumbo new Echo Show is the Alexa-powered mini TV you need”||4/5|
- Product Name
- Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen
- Amazon Alexa
- Wireless network
- Weight (grams)
- Speaker information
- Dual 2″ active driver stereo speakers with a passive radiator
- Min. Frequency Response (Hz)
- Max. Frequency Response (Hz)
- Audio out
- Water rating
Ask an Expert