It’s a Prime weekend to shop on Amazon.
Black Friday falls this year on November 23, 2018, and Cyber Monday follows on November 26. But if you’re looking to catch deals, bookmark Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Store. We’ll also update this page as we catch wind of new Amazon sales and discounts.
Get your Amazon Prime 30-day free trial
Try Amazon Prime and enjoy member benefits including FREE delivery on eligible items, exclusive deals, discounted priority delivery, Prime Video, Alexa Shopping and more.
Shop DNA kits and find more about your past
Shop from top brands including 23andMe, AncestryDNA and Helix
Shop luggage from top brands
Plus enjoy added benefits with an Amazon Prime membership
Shop top brand home gyms today
Find great deals and use exclusive prime benefits
Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Historically, Amazon has offered deals all throughout Thanksgiving week, culminating in the “Turkey 5,” a long weekend of massive savings. From Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday, Amazon typically slashes prices in a big way and offers shoppers amazing Christmas discount opportunities.
2018’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday blowout at Amazon is similar. Head online now to browse the latest deals, which only last for a limited time. Plus, enjoy free shipping with no minimum purchase required!
When can I start shopping?
Amazon’s discounts start at the beginning of Thanksgiving week, possibly as early as Sunday for Prime members. Some shoppers also got early access using Alexa.
Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday electronics deals
Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts are back and better than ever in 2018. Just a few of the hottest ongoing deals are:
- 50% off Echo Dot 2nd Gen
- 44% off Echo Dot 3rd Gen + Ring video doorbell
- 31% off Echo Spot
- 30% off Fire Stick 4K with all-new Alexa voice remote
- 75% off Echo Look
You’ll also want to be on the lookout for huge savings on electronics from third-party sellers and small businesses on the Amazon marketplace. Keep in mind, though, that these deals tend to run out quickly and can change pretty regularly.
Our tip? Keep checking back on this page and Amazon’s Black Friday Store page for the most up-to-date Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings, and act fast when you do see a deal you just can’t pass up!
Everything you need to know about Amazon’s “Turkey 5” deals
Amazon’s so-called “Turkey 5” sale, which spans from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, is poised to be one of the company’s biggest sales events and might even surpass this past Amazon Prime Day in dollars spent. But there are few tricks of the trade to help you save the absolute most and decide whether or not Amazon has the lowest price on the items you’re looking for.
Here are some of our best tips for 2017: We’ll update them soon to let you know which ones are still relevant in 2019.
- Use Alexa to voice-shop and snag early Black Friday savings starting at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 22.
- Check out select Whole Foods stores in Illinois, Michigan, Florida, California and Colorado that will be selling Amazon products in-store on Black Friday.
- Keep an eye out for Walmart, Target and Newegg deals on Apple products, like iPhones, iPads and Apple watches.
- Get the Amazon and Prime Now apps for your phone and get instant reminders the minute your watched deals go live.
- Be on the lookout for discounted gift cards from Amazon throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
What can I buy from Amazon on Black Friday?
Here’s what you’ll find among Amazon’s most popular items:
Home and Garden
Books and Audible
Toys and Games
Amazon Echo and Alexa
Check out Amazon’s most popular products based on sales. Click a category and shop the top selling products on Amazon right now.
Check out Amazon’s 2019 Electronics Gift Guide
This year’s guide offers an extensive list of popular electronics to help you land the ideal tech gift for your loved ones (or yourself).
Choose from convenient categories:
Or browse from our top picks:
Amazon Echo Dot
Apple 13" MacBook Pro
Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
Amazon promo and coupon codes
Popular Amazon coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|20 May 2018||Save 25% on select goodnessknows grocery products||25G****|
|17 Nov 2017||Buy a CD or Vinyl Record and get MP3 Version FREE with AutoRip on Amazon||****|
|13 Nov 2017||Get up to 80% back when selling your books on Amazon||****|
|12 Nov 2017||Shop backyard birding and wildlife products on Amazon||****|
|13 Jul 2018||Get your Amazon Prime 30-day free trial||********|
How Amazon games the system (and how you might be able to game Amazon)
Way back in 2015, Amazon dropped an ad for Black Friday deals two days prior to the shopping frenzy. In 2016, it gave consumers a heads up on cyber deals a whole week early.
In 2017, we got a preview on the first day of Turkey Month: November 1st. Amazon kicked off Black Friday with crazy announcements that included:
- Free shipping on more than 100 million items. That’s not a typo: Literally millions of fun and functional thing, shipped to you at no additional cost.
- Amazon Key available to Prime members. Prime members could be among the first to use Amazon’s new service that delivers packages inside your home while you’re out.
- Voice shopping with Alexa. Say “yes” to beam an item to your doorstep. And no worries if Alexa doesn’t get it quite right: Products you order through Alexa are eligible for free returns.
- Harness a Lightning Deal. Priced to sell out fast, these time-sensitive discounts would pop up once every five minutes — and Prime members got 30-minute early access in 2017.
- Tune in to the Amazon App. Set updates and reminders for items you’re particularly interested in to get a nudge when a sale goes live. The app even includes a feature that lets you see thousands of items in specific spaces before you buy.
Frequently asked questions
Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash