It’s a Prime weekend to shop on Amazon.
Amazon’s expansion into tablets in 2007 and video streaming in 2011 only cemented its status as a major player in digital technology. And it’s stepped up the game on finding the best holiday deals by participating in annual Black Friday deals sure to save you a buck or two.
Black Friday is the biggest retail day in the United States — and your chance to take advantage of even more spectacular savings on Amazon.
Black Friday falls this year on November 23, 2017, and Cyber Monday follows on November 26. But if you’re looking to catch deals, bookmark Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Store. We’ll also update this page as we catch wind of new Amazon sales and discounts.
Shop Tuft & Needle mattresses on Amazon for great discounts
Plus get Prime benefits and 2-day shipping
Get your Amazon Prime 30-day free trial
Try Amazon Prime and enjoy member benefits including FREE delivery on eligible items, exclusive deals, discounted priority delivery, Prime Video, Alexa Shopping and more.
Shop cases and accessories for the Apple iPhone XS
Get new golf equipment on Amazon
Get the latest golf equipment on Amazon.
What to expect: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Historically, Amazon has offered deals all throughout Thanksgiving week, culminating in the “Turkey 5,” a long weekend of massive savings. From Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday, Amazon typically significantly slashes prices and offers shoppers amazing Christmas shopping opportunities. Keep your eyes peeled for savings on Amazon technology like Alexa as well as big ticket items like HD TVs.
When can I start shopping?
Amazon’s discounts start at the beginning of Thanksgiving week, possibly as early as Sunday for Prime members. Keep checking back here and on Amazon to stay current on 2018‘s deals. Last year, some shoppers also got early access using Alexa.
Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday electronics deals
Amazon’s electronics deals for 2018 have yet to be announced, but you can always start planning using deals from previous years.
Some of the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday electronics deals from Amazon in 2017 included:
- Buy 2 Echo Shows, Save $100
- Save $20 when you buy Fire TV Stick + Echo Dot bundle
- Save $50 when you buy three Echo 2nd gens
- 25% off all pre-owned Fire tablets with Alexa
- Save $100 on 2017 Sony 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TVs
You’ll also want to be on the lookout for huge savings on electronics from third-party sellers and small businesses on the Amazon marketplace. Keep in mind, though, that these deals tend to run out quickly and can change pretty regularly.
Our tip? Keep checking back on this page and Amazon’s Black Friday Store page for the most up-to-date Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings, and act fast when you do see a deal you just can’t pass up!
Everything you need to know about Amazon’s “Turkey 5” deals
Amazon’s so-called “Turkey 5” sale, which spans from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, is poised to be one of the company’s biggest sales events and might even surpass this past Amazon Prime Day in dollars spent. But there are few tricks of the trade to help you save the absolute most and decide whether or not Amazon has the lowest price on the items you’re looking for.
Here are some of our best tips for 2017: We’ll update them soon to let you know which ones are still relevant in 2018.
- Use Alexa to voice-shop and snag early Black Friday savings starting at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 22.
- Check out select Whole Foods stores in Illinois, Michigan, Florida, California and Colorado that will be selling Amazon products in-store on Black Friday.
- Keep an eye out for Walmart, Target and Newegg deals on Apple products, like iPhones, iPads and Apple watches.
- Get the Amazon and Prime Now apps for your phone and get instant reminders the minute your watched deals go live.
- Be on the lookout for discounted gift cards from Amazon throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
What can I buy from Amazon on Black Friday?
Here’s what you’ll find among Amazon’s most popular items:
Home and Garden
Books and Audible
Toys and Games
Amazon Echo and Alexa
Check out Amazon’s most popular products based on sales. Click a category and shop the top selling products on Amazon right now.
Check out Amazon’s 2017 Electronics Gift Guide
This year’s guide offers an extensive list of popular electronics to help you land the ideal tech gift for your loved ones (or yourself).
Choose from convenient categories:
Or browse from our top picks:
Amazon Echo Dot
Apple 13" MacBook Pro
Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
Check out Amazon’s 2017 Home Gift Guide
Peruse an exhaustive list of categories: furniture and home decor, sports and outdoors, cooking and baking, under $25 and more. Spruce up your home or find the primo present with this Amazon guide.
Choose from convenient categories:
Or browse our top picks:
Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
Petcube Bites Pet Camera
Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier
Amazon promo and coupon codes
How Amazon games the system (and how you might be able to game Amazon)
Way back in 2015, Amazon dropped an ad for Black Friday deals two days prior to the shopping frenzy. In 2016, it gave consumers a heads up on cyber deals a whole week early.
In 2017, we got a preview on the first day of Turkey Month: November 1st. Amazon kicked off Black Friday with crazy announcements that included:
- Free shipping on more than 100 million items. That’s not a typo: Literally millions of fun and functional thing, shipped to you at no additional cost.
- Amazon Key available to Prime members. Prime members could be among the first to use Amazon’s new service that delivers packages inside your home while you’re out.
- Voice shopping with Alexa. Say “yes” to beam an item to your doorstep. And no worries if Alexa doesn’t get it quite right: Products you order through Alexa are eligible for free returns.
- Harness a Lightning Deal. Priced to sell out fast, these time-sensitive discounts would pop up once every five minutes — and Prime members got 30-minute early access in 2017.
- Tune in to the Amazon App. Set updates and reminders for items you’re particularly interested in to get a nudge when a sale goes live. The app even includes a feature that lets you see thousands of items in specific spaces before you buy.
Frequently asked questions
Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash