Enjoy many additional benefits with a personal touch.
- Get a quote if you like perks such as custom parts coverage and safety gear replacement.
- Pick something else if you need highly customized options.
- Many riders can apply. Safeco currently doesn’t offer SR-22 filing.
|States served||43 states (available everywhere except Alaska Delaware Hawaii New Hampshire Montana Vermont Wyoming)|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly, custom|
|Claims methods||online, phone, in-person|
- Local agents
- Wide coverage options
- Free perks
- 24/7, online claims
- Financially stable company
- Coverage availability
- No online quotes
- SR-22 drivers not accepted
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Safeco offer?
Safeco offers the standard coverage every biker needs on the road:
- Property damage liability. Pay for damages to another person’s vehicle or property if you’re found at fault in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability. Cover injuries to the other driver and passengers involved when you’re at fault.
- Guest passenger liability. Protect passengers riding with you on your bike. This may not include passengers already covered under your medical coverage, such as family members.
- Collision. Cover your bike for damages incurred during an accident with another vehicle or object, no matter who’s at fault.
- Comprehensive. Protect yourself from accidents that are out of the ordinary, such as theft, vandalism, falling objects or weather damage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Pay for personal injuries when an at-fault driver doesn’t have enough insurance to cover you. This includes hit-and-run situations as well as injuries incurred if you’re hit as a pedestrian.
- Medical payments. Get peace of mind about expensive medical bills that may arise out of an accident, including bills for you and a guest passenger.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Safeco offer?
The company provides extra features and add-ons to make your ride even safer and more enjoyable:
- Roadside assistance. Get help with basic roadside needs, such as fuel delivery, towing, flat tire, battery service and lost keys.
- Trip interruption. Pay for food and lodging when you’re stranded away from home after a mechanical breakdown. This coverage is included with roadside assistance.
- Custom parts and equipment. Get coverage up to $3,000 on custom parts you’ve added to your bike at no extra charge. If you’d like, you can also purchase coverage up to $20,000.
- OEM parts. Safeco’s standard motorcycle policies automatically come with the benefit of getting original manufacturer parts during repairs.
- Gear replacement. Replace your safety gear, such as your helmet, jacket, boots or gloves at no extra cost. Get up to $1,000 of coverage per person, per incident without factoring in depreciation for the gear.
- New Harley-Davidson replacement cost. Need standard Safeco insurance for your Harley? If you get into a total loss accident, Safeco will replace your Harley with a similar make and model for up to two years. This coverage won’t even factor in depreciation.
What types of motorcycles does Safeco cover?
The company covers several bike types, including:
- ATVs and UTVs
- Dirt bikes
- Dual-sport bikes
- Low-speed bikes
- Off-road motorcycles
- Select custom motorcycles
- Sport bikes
- Touring and sport-touring bikes
What discounts can I get with Safeco?
Safeco offers a variety of ways to save up to 40% off your premium:
- Motorcycle safety course. Complete a safety course from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation or other approved organization.
- Riding club. Become a member of one of 24 partner riding clubs in the US.
- Experienced riders. Safeco automatically adjusts your rate to reflect your age and claims-free riding history.
- Garage storage. Store your bike in a locked garage or other secure location.
- Home ownership. Find savings for owning your home.
- Theft recovery. Install a theft-recovery system on your bike for this discount.
- Antilock brakes. Make sure your bike includes safety features like ABS brakes.
- Prepurchased policy. Get a discount for starting your policy at least one day after receiving your quote.
- Multicycle. Insure more than one motorcycle on your Safeco policy.
- Multipolicy. Bundle home, auto and umbrella insurance with your motorcycle policy.
- Continuous coverage. Maintain continuous coverage with Safeco for additional savings.
- Pay in full. Pay your insurance premium all at once for a discount.
- Claims-free renewal. If you go without filing a claim on your previous policy period, you’ll receive a discount upon renewal.
Pros and cons of Safeco motorcycle insurance
- Local agents. Safeco keeps things personal with service from local agents.
- A variety of options. The company offers a variety of motorcycle coverage to choose from.
- Free coverage benefits. Safeco provides many additional benefits free of charge, including safety gear replacement, custom equipment and OEM parts.
- 24/7 claims. Report an accident at the most convenient time for you.
- Established, stable company. Safeco has offered insurance to customers since 1923, and it’s financially backed by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
- Coverage availability. Not all coverage options are available in every state.
- No online quotes. The company sticks with its personalized service. That means you’ll have to speak with a representative directly to get a quote.
How to apply for Safeco motorcycle insurance.
To apply for motorcycle insurance here, you’ll need to speak with a local agent in person or by phone:
- Local agent. Find an agent near you by entering your ZIP code on the motorcycle insurance homepage. Then, select and contact an agent you’d prefer to work with.
- Phone. To speak with a representative by phone, simply call the local agent’s office number listed in the agency directory.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep the application process quick and easy with several key pieces of information:
- Your home address
- Phone number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license number
- Motorcycle details: make, model and plate number
- Driving history
- Choice of coverage and policy start date
- Payment information
How to make a claim with Safeco
Safeco offers two simple ways to file accident claims with them — either online, by phone or through the mobile app.
- Online. Use this convenient method by logging into your customer account.
- Phone. Report a claim at any time of the day or night by calling 800-332-3226.
- Mobile app. Log into your account directly from the Safeco Mobile app to file and track claims from there.
Alternatives to Safeco
Safeco offers personalized service that’s backed by its partnership with Liberty Mutual Insurance. The company also includes many free features that competitors often charge for.
Compare motorcycle insurance providers to find the right option.