Fast transfers and competitive rates for sending money overseas.
finder.com’s rating: 3.0 / 5.0
Speed: 5.0 / 5.0
Services: 3.0 / 5.0
User experience: 2.0 / 5.0
Ria offers a secure way to send money to over 130 countries, but the $3,000 daily limit means it’s not an option for large transfers.
|Product Name||RIA Money Transfer|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 1|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 2,999|
Minimum transfer time
|3 - 5 days|
|Available Currencies||AED, ALL, AMD, ARS, AUD, BAM, BBD, BDT, BHD, BIF, BOB, BRL, BYR, CAD, CHE, CLF, CNY, COP, CRC, DJF, DOP, DZD, EGP, ERN, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KMF, KZT, LBP, LKR, LRD, MAD, MDL, MMK, MRO, MXN, MYR, MZN, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SCR, SEK, SRD, SVC, THB, TJS, TND, TOP, TRY, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYI, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, VUV, XAF, XCD, XOF, YER, ZMW|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
Ria strives to be a simple, reliable and friendly money transfer service. It offers a fast, secure transfer network to quickly get your funds where they need to be without breaking the bank.
With multiple payment and delivery options, your funds can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account, delivered by courier (in select countries) or picked up from one of Ria’s hundreds of thousands of worldwide locations.
Now part of Euronet Worldwide, a leading electronic payments provider, Ria offers over 332,000 agent locations in 146 countries. It also handles bill payments, check cashing and other financial services.
How much does Ria cost?
As a specialist provider of international money transfers, Ria is typically able to offer better exchange rates than you’ll find at most banks.
Rates are updated daily to align with exchange rates on global markets, and you can review the rate that applies to your transaction before confirming whether you want to go through with the transfer.
Calculate your transfer with Ria
Choose your currency and desired transfer amount (maximum $2,999). Exchange rates change frequently, so visit Ria’s site to get a final quote.
The fees that apply to Ria money transfers vary depending on the amount of money you’re sending, where you’re sending it to and the method you use to pay for your transaction.
The more money you send, the more your transaction will cost — but the price per dollar per transfer decreases when you send larger amounts. Funding a transfer from your bank account is the least expensive option (but also the slowest), while debit and credit card transactions incur higher fees.
For example, sending $1,000 to Mexico from your credit card for cash pickup will incur a transfer fee of $8. Meanwhile, using your bank account to send $1,000 to China for cash pickup will attract a transfer fee of $5.
Before you commit to any transaction, Ria provides a preview of all the fees that apply to your transfer.
What types of transfers can I make with Ria?
Ria’s transfer service is designed to make it easy to send one-off transfers to 130 countries around the world. You can pay for your transfer with your:
- Bank account
- Credit card
- Debit card
Your recipient also has multiple ways to access the money you send.
- Bank account deposit
- Pickup at a Ria agent location
- Courier delivery to a home or office (available in limited countries)
Pros and cons of using Ria
- Fast transfers. Send money in minutes or days. This is especially great for cash pickup.
- Multiple payment options. Use a debit card, credit card or bank account to pay for your transfer.
- Multiple delivery options. Your recipient can pick up your cash at an agent location, receive a bank deposit or, in select countries, have the funds delivered to their home or office.
- Worldwide transfer network. With 240,000 agent locations in 130 countries, Ria is the third-largest provider of international money transfers worldwide.
- Great rates. Ria’s exchange rates are stronger than most US banks.
- Maximum daily limit. Ria’s maximum daily transfer limit of $3,000 may deter customers who need to transfer larger amounts.
- Fees apply. Prepare to pay a transfer fee when you send money overseas with Ria, with an amount that varies depending on your transaction.
- No contract options. Ria does not offer forward contracts or limit orders.
How does Ria compare to other services?
How do I use Ria?
To easily transfer cash through Ria, you’ll need:
- A Ria account. You can create a free account as you’re setting up your transaction. (If you’re sending through a Ria location, you won’t need to set up an account. You’ll only need to supply your sender information, payment and your recipient’s information.)
- Valid payment. Ria accepts payment by bank account, debit card or credit card.
- Your recipient’s name and contact information. The name must match the name shown on their government-issued ID. If you’re transferring money to their account, you’ll also need their bank’s name and account number.
- Your contact and banking information. That includes the account or card number and security information for the account you’re transferring from.
If your recipient will be picking up your cash in person, let them know to bring along a government-issued photo ID.
Create your account online
First-time customers will need to register for a free Ria account before you start your transfer. To pay with cash, visit a Ria agent location.
- Specify how much you’d like to send and where you’d like to transfer your funds to.
- Select whether you’ll pay for your transfer by debit card, credit card or bank account.
- Confirm the transaction summary that details the exchange rate and fees that apply to your transfer.
- Enter your recipient’s full name, email address and phone number.
- Select how you’d like your money delivered: bank deposit, cash pickup or courier delivery (available in select countries).
- Transfer your funds around the world.
Steps to transfer your money online
Tracking your transfer
Your recipient should have their money in a matter of minutes or days, depending on how you chose to send it and pay for it. Follow its progress at Ria’s Track a Transfer page.
Ria offers a host of benefits and simple, secure transfers to its customers.
However, to make sure you get the best deal available, compare Ria with other money transfer providers the next time you need to send money overseas.Looking for an alternative? Compare services like Ria to get the best rates and fees.