If you’re thinking about getting a payday loan in San Diego, read our guide first.
When you’re struggling to make ends meet and bills are due, it can be frustrating to find yourself still lacking enough money to cover every expense. Payday loans are designed to covered these gaps, but you’ll want to make sure you know the laws in California before you take out a loan in San Diego.
Our top pick: CashUSA
Need a quick cash loan as high as $10,000? This loan connection service could help.
- Min. Loan Amount: $500
- Max. Loan Amount: $10,000
- Loan Term: 90 days to 72 months
- Turnaround Time: As early as 1 business day
- Requirements: Must have a monthly income of $1,000+ after taxes and valid checking account.
How does payday lending in San Diego work?
All payday loans fall under the California Civil Code 1789.30 and California Financial Code 23000. This means you’re able to apply for a payday loan of up to $300 in the city of San Diego. Loan terms last up to 31 days, but be careful: there is no minimum loan term, so you’ll want to confirm when you’ll need to repay your loan before you agree to borrow.
How much a payday loan in San Diego might cost youThe deferred deposit transaction fee is limited to a maximum of 15% of the check’s value, up to $45. This means the maximum financing charge for a $300 is $45.
When you apply for a loan, be sure to read over your contract and all the fine print. Financing fees aren’t all a lender can charge you, so confirm the total cost of your loan before you agree to a loan.
Compare these short-term loans available in San Diego
What are some positives to taking out a payday loan?
- Easy application process. Whether online or at a store, applications usually take only a few minutes.
- Get your loan quickly. When you apply online you can get your funds in as little as one business day, and in-person, you can walk out with your loan on the same day as when you’re approved.
- Bad credit is accepted. Payday lenders rely more on your current financial situation than your past credit mistakes.
Maggie needs extra money for rentMaggie found out that she needed to pay more for a bill than she expected when her roommate skipped out on her. Because Maggie was still in college, she didn’t have much credit built up and didn’t qualify for a personal loan. With the bill due and monthly living expenses to take care of, she knew she wouldn’t be able to get by without some sort of assistance, so she decided to apply for a payday loan.
The process took very little time, and Maggie was approved for a 14-day loan on the spot. Before Maggie signed anything, the lender made it very clear that there would be a charge of $30 on her $200 loan. Maggie had a payday within the term of the loan, so the lender was able to debit the total amount when it was due. All Maggie had to do was budget for the rest of the month and make sure there was $230 in her account on the due date.
How can I apply for a payday loan in San Diego?
Before you apply for a payday loan, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria: be at least 18 years old, a citizen or permanent resident of the US and have a regular source of income.
When you apply, you’ll need to give lenders some information about yourself. This includes your name, Social Security number, your employer and gross monthly income. If you apply online, lenders usually also require you to give access to your bank checking account so it can deposit your loan and debit the payment when it’s due.
Payday loan locations in San Diego, California
Where to get a payday in San Diego
- Advance America. Clairemont Town Square, 4120 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Unit 101-C, San Diego, CA 92117
- Cash Advance San Diego. 1049 Sixth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Check Into Cash. 5163 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117
- Check ‘n Go. 5634 Lake Murray Blvd, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Checkmate. 9211 Clairemont Mesa Blvd #102, San Diego, CA 92123
- Fast Auto and Payday Loans, Inc. 6787 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
- Payday Money Centers. 4488 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111
- Payday Money Center East San Diego. 4090 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92105
- Speedy Cash. 6686 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
- USA Checks Cashed & Payday Advance. 5404 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115