MBA commercial motorcycle insurance
Wide coverage for your motorcycle fleet, including seasonal pricing.
- Get a quote if you need coverage for a fleet of at least two motorcycles.
- Pick something else if you live in Massachusetts, Maryland, New York or Virginia.
- Businesses with fluctuating income will like the seasonal pricing.
New car protection
|States served||Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming|
|Pay schedule||12 months|
- Coverage for the rental operator and the renter
- Online account management
- Seasonal pricing
- No online quotes
- Few customer reviews
What commercial coverage does MBA Insurance offer?
Rental motorcycle operators can purchase the following types of coverage:
- Collision. Protection for damage resulting from a crash.
- Comprehensive. Coverage for incidents other than a crash, like theft, fire or vandalism.
- Specified combined single limit of liability (CSL). MBA insurance offers the advantage of a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage to more broadly cover claims.
- Supplemental liability. Extra liability coverage up to $300,000 for bodily injury and $10,000 for property damage.
- Conversion. Protects your motorcycles against theft if the renter doesn’t return the bike.
- Uninsured/underinsured bodily injury. Protects your bikes if a renter is involved in an accident with another vehicle without enough coverage.
- Medical payments. Also called Personal Injury Protection, PIP covers the cost of medical care in the event of a collision.
- Cyber liability. Protects the renters personal information like driver’s license and credit card numbers in case of a data breach.
Which states does MBA Insurance serve?
MBA insures rental motorcycles in all states except Massachusetts, Maryland, New York and Virginia.
If your rental business also includes UTVs, LSVs and golf carts, insurance through MBA is only available in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
What features does MBA offer for businesses?
When working with MBA to cover your rental business’s insurance needs, you can also expect:
- Coverage for the rental operator and the renter. You pay less by putting the cost of insurance on the renter at $15 a day per bike.
- Seasonal pricing. If your business has a slow or off-peak season, MBA offers seasonal plans with pricing to meet your needs.
- State-specific rental forms. Use MBA’s rental forms, including forms for rental guidelines, check-in and checkout, maintenance log and tips and facts sheets.
- Two motorcycle minimum. Your motorcycle rental fleet must include at least two bikes.
How reliable is MBA Insurance?
MBA Insurance has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1990, receiving an A rating from the organization. However, all three of the reviews on the BBB are 1 out of 5 stars, citing difficulty reaching a representative and delayed payments on claims.
Pros and cons of MBA commercial motorcycle insurance
- Business-specific coverage. MBA specializes in rental insurance, specifically for motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, UTVs, LSVs, RVs, travel trailers, utility trailers and golf carts.
- Online account management. Access your account 24/7 to manage your rental fleet, make a payment or file a claim.
- Resources. MBA offers state-specific rental forms to help your business run smoothly.
- Seasonal pricing. Take advantage of different plans to save money during your low season.
- No online quotes. You can’t get a quote or sign up online.
- Few customer reviews. There aren’t many online reviews for MBA, and the few that are out there are poor.
- No advertised discounts. MBA doesn’t advertise any discounts on its website. You’ll have to work with an agent to find out about discounts you might qualify for.
How to contact MBA
You can contact MBA by phone at 800-622-2201, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatives to MBA
MBA has been providing rental insurance since 1978, and its seasonal pricing allows you to save money when your business’s income fluctuates. But it doesn’t operate in all 50 states, and it has some negative reviews. If MBA isn’t for you, compare other commercial auto insurance options.