An online, low-cost alternative for money transfers.
WorldRemit is a convenient alternative to traditional money transfer companies that require you to visit an agent and pay high fees.
Choose from four ways to send money, and know that your money is safe because WorldRemit is licensed by government regulators around the world.
Why we like: WorldRemit
Send money to 140+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
Your first transfer is free with the code FINDER.
- Low upfront fees and exchange rates.
- Easy to use with round-the-clock help.
- Get cash to family and friends in minutes.
Currently you can send money to the following countries from the US:
- Congo DRC
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
Airtime only states
Louisiana and New York can only send airtime top ups, not money transfers.
What is WorldRemit?
WorldRemit was founded in the UK in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed, a former UN adviser. Believing that advances in modern technology could be used to provide a cost-effective way to send international transfers, Ahmed set up WorldRemit. Today, the company allows senders in 50 countries to transfer funds across the globe.
Customer praise and complaints for WorldRemit
WorldRemit is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an F rating. The BBB cites the company’s failure to respond to four complaints as a factor in the poor rating. However, WorldRemit gets 5 stars from TrustPilot, with customers commenting on the quick, hassle-free service.
How does WorldRemit protect my money?
WorldRemit complies with global regulations and uses cutting-edge technology to safeguard your money and data.
- Industry-leading security. WorldRemit uses trusted Trend Micro certification to maintain security during transfers. Once your connection is authenticated, it ensures that your device communicates only with WorldRemit.
- Strong reputation. It’s backed by Technology Crossover Ventures and Accel Partners, early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
- Convenient delivery. Funds can be transferred directly to a bank account or Mobile Money service.
- Years of experience. Founded in 2010, WorldRemit and handles more than 1 million transactions each year.
WorldRemit offers online transfers to more than 50 countries around the world. If you’re looking for an alternative, compare other money transfer services like WorldRemit.