Take advantage of fast and secure transfers when you send money overseas with WorldRemit.
WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that allows you to send funds to more than 120 countries around the world. With competitive exchange rates and fee structures, it provides a convenient and low-cost global transfer solution. It also offers a range of payment and cash receiving options to provide you with flexibility when you need to pay an overseas bill or send money to friends or family internationally.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
Who is WorldRemit?
WorldRemit was founded in the UK in 2010 by a former adviser to the United Nations named Ismail Ahmed. Believing that advances in modern technology could be used to provide a cost-effective way to send international remittances, Ahmed setup WorldRemit. Today, the company allows senders in 50 countries to transfer funds to more than 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, the Americas and Australia.
In the past couple of years, WorldRemit has been the beneficiary of significant investment from leading investment companies Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures, to the tune of $40 million and $100 million respectively. These investments will be used to help the company expand its services into more territories and continue to find innovative and cost-effective ways to send and receive money internationally.
How can you send money overseas with WorldRemit?
The first step when sending money overseas with WorldRemit is to sign up for an account. This can be done by providing your full name, your email address, your country of residence and proof of identification.
Once your account is set up you can select the country you want to send to, how much money you’re transferring and how you would like your recipient to access the funds you send. Funds can be accessed in the following ways:
- Bank deposit directly into your recipient’s bank account
- Cash pickup from a collection location within minutes of your transfer being placed
- Instant transfer to your recipient’s mobile wallet
- Instant mobile airtime top-up
Next, review the fees and the guaranteed exchange rate that apply to your transfer before providing further details about your recipient. WorldRemit requires you to supply the recipient’s name, address and bank account information.
The final step is to choose your payment method and confirm the amount you would like to send. Available payment methods include bank transfer, credit card and debit card.
You and your recipient will both receive email or SMS notifications once the money is sent and received.
What are the pros and cons of using WorldRemit?
- Simple transfer process. WorldRemit’s three-step process makes it quick, easy and convenient to send money overseas.
- Worldwide access. With the ability to send funds to more than 120 locations around the world, WorldRemit can offer an extensive transfer network.
- Range of transfer options. From the selection of payment methods available, to the options for the ways in which your recipient can access the funds, WorldRemit offers flexibility to its customers.
- No cash. WorldRemit does not accept cash as a means of paying for your international money transfer.
What other products does WorldRemit offer?
WorldRemit focuses solely on sending international money transfers and does not offer any other products.
Looking for an alternative? Compare competing services to WorldRemit to get the best rates and fees.
Frequently asked questions
What are the options for paying for an international transfer with WorldRemit?
You can pay for your transaction via credit card, debit card or from your US bank account. Cash is not accepted by the company as a form of payment.
Can I send money from my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, WorldRemit offers apps for both Apple and Android operating systems to allow you to transfer funds as conveniently as possible.
What customer support options are available?
WorldRemit offers 24/7 email and phone support to its customers. The company has customer service hotlines available in Europe, the United States, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. Its US office is based in Denver; customers from other parts of the world can phone the same hotline as UK customers.
Where can I see a full list of the countries that WorldRemit offers transfers to?
As we don’t have enough space to list the 120-plus countries here, visit the WorldRemit website and select the ‘Send to’ drop-down menu. A list of countries can also be accessed via the WorldRemit app.
Is there a limit on how much money I can send?
WorldRemit’s transfer limits vary depending on where you live and the payment method you choose. Use the ‘Send To’ calculator on the World Remit website to see whether the transfer you wish to make is within WorldRemit’s acceptable limits.
How long will it take for the funds to arrive to my recipient?
While processing times vary depending on where you are sending your funds, the following timings usually apply:
- Bank deposits are instant to certain banks, while others can vary depending on the receiving bank and the country in which it is located.
- Cash pickup transfers can be available for collection within minutes.
- Airtime top-up transfers occur instantly or almost instantly.
- Mobile wallet money transfers are processed instantly or almost instantly.
- Home delivery is available in the Philippines only and can take from 24 hours to seven days depending on your recipient’s location.
When sending money overseas, you should compare the services of a range of money transfer provides to find the right solution for you. Comparing the features and costs involved can determine the value-for-money WorldRemit can provide.