Take advantage of fast, secure transfers when sending money overseas.
WorldRemit allows its customers to send funds to more than 110 countries around the world. With competitive exchange rates and a transparent fee structure, it’s a convenient, low-cost global transfer solution.
It offers the flexibility of paying from your bank account or with a credit or debit card, and your recipient can receive the funds as a bank account or mobile wallet deposit or pick it up as cash from one of more than 30,000 agent locations worldwide.
WorldRemit is dedicated to simplifying the money transfer process and giving customers a low-cost alternative. It does this by taking money transfers online — on your computer, smartphone or tablet. All fees and exchange rates are displayed up front, so you know exactly what you’ll pay.
Airtime only states:
The following states can only send airtime top up, not money transfers: Hawaii, Louisiana, Nevada, New York.
WorldRemit International Money Transfers
Send money to 110+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
Your first transfer is free with the code FREE.
- Low upfront fees and exchange rates.
- Easy to use with round-the-clock help.
- Get cash to family and friends in minutes.
Show code & visit siteFR****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
How do I send money overseas with WorldRemit?
The first step when sending money overseas with WorldRemit is to sign up for an account. You can do this by providing your full name, your email address, your country of residence and proof of identification.
Once your account is set up, it’s easy to initiate a money transfer. Simply select the country you want to send to, how much money you’re transferring and how you would like your recipient to access the funds you send.
Funds can be accessed by:
- Bank deposit directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- Cash pickup from a collection location within minutes.
- Instant transfer to your recipient’s mobile wallet.
- Instant mobile airtime top-up.
Before you confirm your transaction, you’ll review any fees and your guaranteed exchange rate. You’ll then provide your recipient’s name, contact information and bank account information if the funds will be deposited into their bank account.
The final step is paying for your transfer and confirming the amount you’d like to send. Available payment options include bank transfer, credit card and debit card.
Both you and your recipient will receive email or SMS notifications once the money is sent and received.
What are the pros and cons of using WorldRemit?
- Simple transfer process. WorldRemit’s easy three-step process makes it quick and convenient to send money overseas.
- Worldwide access. With the ability to send funds to more than 110 locations around the world, WorldRemit offers an extensive transfer network.
- Range of transfer options. From payment methods accepted to options for receipt, WorldRemit offers its customers flexibility.
- You can’t pay with cash. WorldRemit does not accept cash as payment for your international money transfer.
WorldRemit’s current exchange rates
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
What other products does WorldRemit offer?
WorldRemit focuses solely on sending international money transfers and does not offer any other products.
Looking for an alternative? Compare competing services to WorldRemit to get the best rates and fees.
Who is WorldRemit?
WorldRemit was founded in the UK in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed, a former UN adviser. Believing that advances in modern technology could be used to provide a cost-effective way to send international transfers, Ahmed set up WorldRemit. Today, the company allows senders in 50 countries to transfer funds to more than 110 destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, America and Australia.
Compare WorldRemit to other providers
|Compare WorldRemit to…||See Comparison|
|Western Union vs. WorldRemit|
|MoneyGram vs. WorldRemit|
|WorldRemit vs. Chase Bank|
WorldRemit is a solid option for affordable, fast and safe money transfers around the world.
However, we suggest comparing a range of money transfer providers before committing your funds to the transaction.
Frequently asked questions
How can I pay for an international transfer with WorldRemit?
You can pay for your transaction with a credit or debit card or from your US bank account.
Can I send money from my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, WorldRemit offers free apps that allow you to transfer funds as conveniently as possible.
What customer support options are available?
WorldRemit offers 24/7 email and phone support to its customers, with hotlines available in Europe, the US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. Its US office is based in Denver.
How long will it take for the funds to arrive to my recipient?
Processing times vary depending on where you are sending your funds:
- Bank deposits are immediate to certain banks, while other deposits can vary depending on the receiving bank and the country in which it is located.
- Cash pickup transfers can be available for collection within minutes.
- Airtime top-up and mobile wallet transfers occur nearly instantly.
- Available only in the Philippines, home delivery can take from 24 hours to seven days, depending on your recipient’s location.