When you need to send funds overseas, Ria offers a simple, affordable and reliable international money transfer option
Sending money overseas can be a daunting and costly process, but it doesn’t have to be. Ria is a specialist international money transfer provider that allows you to send money to more than 130 countries around the world. It offers fast transfers, multiple payment methods, competitive exchange rates, and minimal fees, creating a convenient international money transfer solution whenever you need to send funds overseas.
Who is Ria?
Ria was founded in New York City in 1987 by Cuban immigrant Jesus Perez Santalla. He wanted to create a way for immigrants to be able to easily and affordably send money back home, so he opened his first storefront and started managing overseas payments for his customers. Fast forward more than 25 years and Ria has grown into one of the largest providers of international money transfer services in the world. Its worldwide agent network consists of 240,000 locations in more than 130 countries, and that network is growing all the time.
If you need to send money to your family or friends overseas, Ria can help. They offer a fast and secure transfer network to help you get your funds where they need to be as quickly as possible, but without breaking the bank in the process. Other products available from Ria Financial Services include bill payment, money orders, and prepaid debit cards.
How can you send money overseas with Ria?
Ria aims to simplify the money transfer process to make it fast, easy and stress-free. To send your funds, visit the Ria website and enter how much money you want to transfer, where you want to send it to and whether you would like to pay by debit card, credit card or from your bank account. Ria’s Price Calculator will display the current exchange rate and transfer fee to allow you to determine the total cost of your transaction.
Next, choose whether you would like your funds to be deposited into your recipient’s bank account, picked up from one of Ria’s 240,000 agent locations or delivered by courier to your recipient (this service is only available in selected countries). Once you’ve then entered your recipient’s information, including their full name, and email address or phone number, the final step in the transfer process is to register for a Ria account.
Registering is quick and easy and requires you to provide your personal details and information about your bank account, credit card or debit card. Once lodged, transfers funded by credit or debit card are processed in around 15 minutes, while bank account transfers can take up to four business days to process.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
Pros and cons of using Ria
- Specialist money transfer provider. Unlike banks and other financial institutions that offer an extensive range of products and services, Ria’s core business is international funds transfers.
- Competitive exchange rates. Compare Ria’s exchange rates with those offered by banks and other money transfer companies to see how it stacks up against its competitors.
- Worldwide transfer network. With 240,000 agent locations in 130 countries, Ria is the world’s third-largest provider of international money transfers.
- Special offers for new customers. No fee on all debit card money transfers for first 30 days. (Offer not valid for US to US money transfers.)
- Fees apply. You will need to be prepared to pay a transfer fee when you send money overseas with Ria. The amount of the fee varies depending on your transaction.
What other products does Ria offer?
- Bill payment. Pay your utilities, rent, credit card, mortgage, car loan and more using Ria’s bill payment service.
- Mobile top-ups. Ria allows you to recharge your credit with a wide range of telecommunications providers including AT&T, Boost Mobile, T Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- Prepaid debit cards. Load up a Visa prepaid debit card from Ria to take care of all your everyday spending needs.
- Check cashing. Ria financial services also allows you to cash Payroll, Government, Income Tax Refund, Welfare, Traveler’s checks and many more quickly and conveniently.
- Money orders. Enjoy the security and flexibility of paying with a money order from Ria Financial Services.
Frequently asked questions about Ria
How much money can I send with Ria?
The maximum amount you can send is $2,999.99 per money transfer per day. However, you should also be aware that the most you can send in 30 days is $7,999; if you wish to send more you will need to visit a Ria agent location and provide ID and other supporting documentation.
What information do I need to supply in order to send money?
You will need to provide your recipient’s first and last name, their address, and phone number. You will also need to specify how you would like your recipient to receive the money, and if you opt to send to a bank account you will need to provide their bank account information and routing number.
How much do international money transfers cost with Ria?
The fees associated with your transaction vary depending on the amount of money you send (the per-dollar price drops the more you send), the country you send to, and whether you pay by bank account, credit card, or debit card. You’ll be able to review the full cost of your transfer before you submit it.
How can I work out the current exchange rate for a particular country?
You can check out the current exchange rate by using the ‘Price Calculator’ feature on the Ria website or simply by starting the ‘Send Money’ process.
What can I do if I need help with a transaction?
Ria offers phone and email customer support between 5AM and 6PM PST Monday to Friday, and 6AM and 6PM PST Saturday and Sunday.
What payment methods are available?
You can send money online with Ria and pay using your bank account, credit card or debit card. If you wish to send cash overseas, contact one of Ria’s 240,000+ locations to lodge your international money transfer.
Ria offers fast and affordable money transfers and makes sending funds overseas easy. However, whenever you need to transfer money across international borders you should always compare a range of options and spend some time shopping around for the best deal.