Send funds overseas with a simple, affordable and reliable international money transfer option
How do I send money overseas with Ria?
Ria aims to simplify the money transfer process by making it fast and easy. Whether you’re a new user or returning customer, it requires just a few steps.
You’ll need to sign up for a free Ria account as part of your first transfer:
- Specify how much money you want to send and the country you’re sending it to.
- Select how you will pay for your transfer: debit card, credit card or bank account.
- Use Ria’s price calculator to determine your exchange rate and fees for the transaction.
- Select how you’d like your money delivered: bank deposit, cash pickup or courier delivery (available in select countries).
- Enter your recipient’s information.
- Register for an account with Ria.
Once you’ve set up your account, your transfers funded by credit or debit card are processed in about 15 minutes, while bank account transfers can take up to four business days to process.
The process for returning customers is even faster:
- Sign in to your account dashboard and select your recipient.
- Confirm your recipient’s information, your payment information and transfer details.
- Submit your transfer
Pros and cons of using Ria
- Multiple payment options. Use a debit card, credit card or bank account to pay for your transfer.
- Multiple delivery options. Your recipient can pick up your cash at an agent location, receive a bank deposit or, in select countries, have the funds delivered to their home or office.
- Worldwide transfer network. With 240,000 agent locations in 130 countries, Ria is the third-largest provider of international money transfers worldwide.
- Special offers for new customers. RIA offers no fees on debit card money transfers for the first 30 days. (Offer not valid for US-to-US money transfers.)
- Fees apply. Prepare to pay a transfer fee when you send money overseas with Ria, with an amount that varies depending on your transaction.
- No contract options. Ria does not offer forward contracts or limit orders.
What other products does Ria offer?
- Bill payment. Pay your utilities, rent, credit card, mortgage, car loan and more using Ria’s bill payment service.
- Mobile top-ups. Fund your minutes with a range of telco providers that include AT&T, Boost Mobile, T Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- Prepaid debit cards. Load up a Visa prepaid debit card from Ria to take care of everyday spending needs.
- Check cashing. Cash payroll, government, income tax refund, welfare, traveler’s checks and more quickly and conveniently.
- Money orders. Enjoy the security and flexibility of paying with a money order from Ria Financial Services.
Compare Ria to other providers
|Compare Ria to…||See Comparison|
|MoneyGram vs. Ria|
|Western Union vs. Ria|
Who is Ria?
Ria was founded in New York City in 1987. Fast-forward more than 25 years, and Ria has grown into one of the largest providers of international money transfer services. Its worldwide agent network comprises 240,000 locations in more than 130 countries — and that network is growing all the time.
Ria strives to be a most simple, reliable and friendly money transfer service. It offers a fast, secure transfer network to quickly get your funds where they need without breaking the bank.
However, whenever you need to transfer money across international borders, be sure to compare your range of options for the best deal.