Send funds overseas in minutes with Ria’s affordable international money transfers.
Even thinking about sending money overseas can feel daunting. But it doesn’t have to be a worrisome, costly process.
Ria is an international money transfer specialist that sends money to more than 130 countries worldwide. Its fast transfers, multiple payment methods, competitive exchange rates and minimal fees make it a solid international money transfer solution whenever you need to send funds overseas.
International money transfers and more
This global company began as one lone store in New York City, and now has 332,000 locations in 146 countries and territories. With Ria, you can not only transfer money around the globe, you can also pay bills, get mobile top-ups, purchase prepaid debit cards and money orders, and cash checks.
Ria is best for:
- Emergency cash transfers. Get money overseas in as little as 15 minutes.
- Flexible payment options. Use a debit card, credit card or bank account to pay for your transfer.
- Cash delivery. Your recipient can pick up your cash at an agent location, receive a bank deposit or, in select countries, have the funds delivered to their home or office.
- In-person transfers. With 240,000 agent locations in 130 countries, Ria is the third-largest provider of international money transfers worldwide.
How much does Ria cost?
The exact cost of your transfer depends on a few factors, including the amount you are sending (the per-dollar price drops the more you send), the country you are sending the money to and the speed in which you choose to send the money. You’ll be able to review the full cost of your transfer before you submit it.
Calculate exchange rates and costs
What types of transfers can I make?
Ria offers one-off transfers. You can pay for your transfer using your bank account, credit card or debit card. Paying with your debit card or credit card can get your transfer sent in a speedy 15 minutes. Bank transfers might take up to four days to process.
Your recipient can have the money deposited into their bank account, pick up cash at a Ria agent location or, in some countries, have it delivered to their home or office.
With Ria, you can send money to the following countries:
|Colombia||Costa Rica||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||El Salvador|
|Puerto Rico||Trinidad||Virgin Islands, US||Albania||Belarus|
|Belgium||Bosnia and Herzegovina||BulgaRia||Croatia||Denmark|
|Poland||Portugal||Moldova, Republic of||Romania||Serbia|
|Oman||Qatar||United Arab Emirates||Yemen||Australia|
|Cook Islands||Fiji||New Zealand||Tonga||Vanuatu|
If you are transferring money online, you can send up to $2999.99 per money transfer, per day. But the most you can send in 30 days is $7,999. If you live in Oklahoma or Arizona the most you can send is $999.99 per user per calendar day.
If you’d like to transfer more than these amounts, you’ll need to visit a Ria agent location to provide more information.
How do I use Ria?
You need to provide your recipient’s full name, address and phone number and specify how you would like them to receive your money. If you opt for a bank deposit delivery, you will need to provide your recipient’s bank account and routing numbers.
Ria aims to simplify the money transfer process by making it fast and easy. Whether you’re a new user or returning customer, it requires just a few steps.
Once you’ve set up your account, your transfers funded by credit or debit card are processed in about 15 minutes, while bank account transfers can take up to four business days to process.
The process for returning customers is even faster:
- Sign in to your account dashboard and select your recipient.
- Confirm your recipient’s information, your payment information and transfer details.
- Submit your transfer
Tracking your transfer
Ria will email you when any status changes are made to your order throughout the process, including when your recipient receives the money. You can also track the transfer on Ria’s Track a Transfer page by entering the order number, PIN or reference number into the search box.
What is Ria?
Ria was founded by a Cuban immigrant with a single New York City storefront in 1987. Since then, it’s grown to become the world’s third-largest money transfer service. Now part of Euronet Worldwide, a leading electronic payments provider, Ria offers over 316,000 agent locations in 144 countries. It also handles bill payments, check cashing and other financial services.
How does Ria protect my money?
Ria is one of the largest money transfer companies in the world. Founded in 1987, it has an impressive history of successful transfers that will provide you comfort when sending money.
- Accountability. Ria’s parent company is Euronet Worldwide, a publicly traded on NASDAQ.
- Extended Validation Certificates. EVs are the highest level of validation given to websites.
- Safe payment. Credit card information is never stored on Ria’s servers.
- Regulation. It is an American company in compliance with FinCEN.
- Verification. Ria verifies its users’ identities to prevent suspicious activity.
How do I report suspicious activity to Ria?
Ria will never email you to confirm passwords, transaction details or personal information. If you receive an email from someone claiming to be Ria, do not respond. If you’re wary about an email or phone call, contact Ria’s Customer Fraud Department at 855-355-2145 or fraudprevention@Riafinancial.com.
If you need help with a transaction, Ria offers a detailed online FAQ section, as well as phone, email and live chat customer support with a Ria representative. Ria offers phone and email customer support between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, and 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. PT Saturday and Sunday. Call Customer Care at 877-443-1399 or email customerservice@Riamoneytransfer.com.
What do customers say about Ria?
Ria is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and gates an A+ rating from the organization. The money transfer provider gets a 7.1 out of 10 TrustScore from TrustPilot, but the majority of reviews in the past few months have been overwhelmingly negative.
What other products does Ria offer?
- Bill payment. Pay your utilities, rent, credit card, mortgage, car loan and more using Ria’s bill payment service.
- Mobile top-ups. Fund your minutes with a range of telco providers that include AT&T, Boost Mobile, T Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- Prepaid debit cards. Load up a Visa prepaid debit card from Ria to take care of everyday spending needs.
- Check cashing. Cash payroll, government, income tax refund, welfare, traveler’s checks and more quickly and conveniently.
- Money orders. Enjoy the security and flexibility of paying with a money order from Ria Financial Services.